Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

'The former Norwich boss added: "Bent and [fellow striker] Christian Benteke can play together - they did against Southampton.'. I like this comment. I think it just highlights that Bent isn't working as well as he should be in training. If that is the case, Lambert has every right to not pick him. Now Bent needs to show his committment to getting back into the squad, let alone the first 11. If he can't do that, and I feel this is the case - get rid. But I would like to see the two play up top together given the chance. The ball is in Bent's court it would seem. Work hard and you don't have a future here.

Make of this what you will.

Some of you will be able to back me up on the first bit but, a few of the Villa players have just turned up at Apres to have a few drinks after the game, my mate runs the bar and two of them said Bent is leaving in Jan and going to Liverpool. There is a fair few of them in there and the two said that this both played tonight, don't see why they would lie about this to be honest. So, im claiming ITK and if its available to bet on I will. Just a tip.

Aston Villa have smashed their transfer record in signing Sunderland striker Darren Bent in a deal which could eventually be worth £24million.

Villa are splashing out an initial £18million for Bent but additional add-ons mean the final figure could rise by another £6million.

Now, what are the add ons for? England appearances? appearances for Villa? I guess we wont know.

But if we have to pay another 6 million.. with a transfer window coming up.. maybe he thinks he can spend that 6 million on another striker who can play in Wiemanns position. Bent can only play in Bentekes position in the current set up.

Harry Redknapp said on TalkSport that he likes Bent and was wrong to say what he said about the sitter he missed. Bent to QPR.

It has been no suprise for well over a month now though has it.

I am afraid to say to all the Bent lovers on here that it's now :wave: Bent.

Bent lovers?

Is that people who see the benefit of having one of the best goal scorers in the league playing some part?

How can Bowery be a better option than Bent for the bench ? In a team lacking Premier League experience we have a player that has scored 100 Premier League goals and he is being kept out of the squad by a player with only a cameo appearance against Man City ? There has to be more to this. Wouldn't surprise me if he is off to Liverpool, except why does he keep tweeting he's fit and available ? Surely if it was a done deal he'd just keep quiet.

But if we have to pay another 6 million.. with a transfer window coming up.. maybe he thinks he can spend that 6 million on another striker who can play in Wiemanns position. Bent can only play in Bentekes position in the current set up.

Think you've hit the nail on the head. According to wiki, DB had made 47 apps for us. Decent chance Sunderland will be due an extra payment at 50 apps.

For me DB needs to be on the bench at least. If a chance was to fall to anyone in our team, I'd want it to be him. He's our only proven Premier League striker. Benteke looks good but it's early days

I'd like to think DB has a future, but it's not looking likely that it will be with us!

The manager has to win football matches so naturally he will pick the players that formulate the best team in his eyes.

He has to create an environment that shows him as a leader of men and any renegade player will be seen as a challenge to that leadership.

Darren Bent is an age old chesnut of goals v workrate ...The very same arguement surrounded Greaves & Hurst in the world cup.Jimmy Greaves was probably one of the greatest goal scorers of his day, but Hurst got the nod for his overall forward play.

Its the managers call and he has it on his head.

Ps My take on it is with a young inexperienced side you need a strong lively hard working player up front to relieve some of the pressure....I'm not sure Darren can do that or has the will.

The manager has to win football matches so naturally he will pick the players that formulate the best team in his eyes.

He has to create an environment that shows him as a leader of men and any renegade player will be seen as a challenge to that leadership.

Darren Bent is an age old chesnut of goals v workrate ...The very same arguement surrounded Greaves & Hurst in the world cup.Jimmy Greaves was probably one of the greatest goal scorers of his day, but Hurst got the nod for his overall forward play.

Its the managers call and he has it on his head.

Ps My take on it is with a young inexperienced side you need a strong lively hard working player up front to relieve some of the pressure....I'm not sure Darren can do that or has the will.

Bang on there.

I think this is all starting to unravel a bit more now to give us a bigger picture of whats actually gone on and going on in this situation that is a various number of different circumstances playing there part.

I really want to chip in here but I hardly know what to say. I love Darren Bent and I think back to how excited we were when we got him. One of the best finishers in the PL. At the same time I respect Lambert's views and agree that he has to pick the team he thinks is right. At the end of the day I think he will keep us up and looking at his signings and his philosophy, this man knows what he is doing.

It's just hard to see such a great player (and one that we are lucky to have) wasting away in our team...

i'd love to know the answer to this one... although, if the trigger is 50 and he's on 47, i'd still put him on the bench, with two games still to play with.... last night was screaming out for him to come on in the last half hour for say weimann, and slot a couple... there will be more situations like that, i'm sure...

if the deal with liverpool has been cut, then there's no point trying to prove something by leaving him out... make the most of him that we can in the little remaining time that we have him, within the parameters of his contract...

i suspect benty would bite PL's arm off for a chance to show him what he can do, even if only as a big fxxk you as he heads out...

it will also allow him a fair departure with the fans, because out of all of this, his departure will be painted as one orchestrated by him, whether or not that is actually the case...

Honestly I think a deals been done! There's no other explanation to having Bowery ahead of him! Bowery may work hard in training but i'm sorry but there's no way he should be ahead of Bent! Feel sorry for Bent, think he does like it here but we just don't have the width for him!

It has been no suprise for well over a month now though has it.

I am afraid to say to all the Bent lovers on here that it's now :wave: Bent.

And how does this makes you feel?

Happy?, Smug? Worried?

Im a bit worried that we play a formation with 3 forwards and still there is no room for Bent, even on the bench and that we atm have to rely on Bowery to come in and change the game

I dont believe this 50 game trigger rumour... If that was the case why bring him in against Norwich, which in my eyes was the completely wrong situation for bent to come on (having had someone sent off it was obviously going to see us under more pressure).

Â