Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

God damn Twitter, suddenly one little twirp's drivel is worthy of being news. Of course someone is going to cause something happen and people discuss it as a viable information. Hashtags and unrealiable news, that is what we get all the time now.

The fact of the matter is, we have alienated our best player. You can try an put as much positive spin on it as you like but Bent is the only genuine talent we have in the squad and he can't get on the bench, meanwhile we are sitting in the relegation places.

If we were flying and things were going well then you would have to say fair enough, Lambert's handling of this is spot on. As things are going terribly then Lambert's approach must be called into question surely?

Agreed, were also seeing a game where the ball pings around the box. Clarks flick, Weimann chance, benteke chance. All tailor made for bent.

hes played 47 games.. we have to pay sunderland the additional 6 million once he hits 50?

Something is not right. Its not based on 'picking the team to win' because Bowery being picked over Bent on footballing ability is bullshit.

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert: "Darren Bent just has to play well and train well. I'm not going to invent something that football people understand. He has a future, everybody has.

"Nothing against anybody in the club, but I've got 25 lads to look after. Bent and Benteke can play together - they did against Southampton. I've got to pick a team I think will win.

"Benteke's done fantastic for me. He was up against a big lad. It was a fantastic header."

My opinion on the Bent situation, I think that something has definitely happened. But Lambert must not let his personal vendetta get in the way of what is best for the club. He effectivly got away with it today, Benteke scored the winner, but looking at the goals scored column, we still haven't done well enough this season.

I spoke to Albrighton about what is going on at the club, and he said anything that goes on at the club stays behind closed doors, so no ITK I'm afraid.

There is really no justification for freezing out a fit Bent, who has (on the whole) conducted himself pretty well under the circumstances. He's been humiliated by Lambert with the stripping of the captaincy and subsequent benching that has never been explained to supporters.

Benteke saved Lambert tonight; had we drawn or lost, I'm convinced people would start calling for Lambert's sacking. He needs to sort this out quick. Weimann's performance tonight should have won Bent a start next match. We'll see.

My opinion on the Bent situation, I think that something has definitely happened. But Lambert must not let his personal vendetta get in the way of what is best for the club. He effectivly got away with it today, Benteke scored the winner, but looking at the goals scored column, we still haven't done well enough this season.

I spoke to Albrighton about what is going on at the club, and he said anything that goes on at the club stays behind closed doors, so no ITK I'm afraid.

But he is letting it get in the way of what is best for the club. Bent is a better option from the bench than Bowery. There is surely no doubt about that.

Against such a poor side like Reading, we saw tonight that we created chances out of "nothing" and we wasted them all. Benteke's shot in the first half and Weimann's blast over the bar were typical examples of an attacking unit having difficulties scoring, and we have only 11 goals to our name. Those exact chances would have been put away by a lethal striker like Darren Bent, because those are chances he thrives on. At the least we need an explanation for this situation which has been poorly dealt with by Lambert and the club.

Â