Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Harry Redknapp said on TalkSport that he likes Bent and was wrong to say what he said about the sitter he missed. Bent to QPR.

Bent to A.N.Other English club - £15m+

Bent to relegation rival - £30m

Think he'd have scored tonight with the chances we bottled. I think that £6mil to Sunderland must be true, that being said how much can we expect for him? £12m?

There may be something in it but doubt it's 6m. You would structure the whole deal based on appearances. Surely it made of goals, trophies, appearances, international caps.

I just wish Lambert would stop lying, there's clearly a problem. If not he actually rates Bowery as a better option from the bench than an experienced goal scorer like bent. If that's the case we have bigger issues.

I'm with Pieface on this, Bent to Liverpool doesn't make any sense unless it's beeing arranged behind Rodger's back. Why would he take another limited footballer when he didn't have use for Carroll?

Why should Lambert take a limited footballer and build a side around him when that's clearly not the road he wants us to go down? Not necessarily aiming this at you by the way.

It's rather long the list of managers and clubs that wouldn't want Darren Bent for whatever reason. It's surprising that he's still held up as some kind if demi-god by a few around here when you consider his most realistic move may well be Fulham.

I'm tired of him and his appalling attitude. Knob off.

For me, this is all about the club being too embarrassed to acknowledge that their prized asset is approaching an appearance clause in the deal.

Performance in training or not, Bent not even being on the bench against a club like Reading is an indicator that he is on the fast route out of the club. Any bad press about Bent allegedly leaving the ground and being coaxed back to sit in the stand for the cameras was totally papered over by our manager. Good PR by the club. Saves them a lot of face.

Part of me can't wait until January, then we can start building again.

Why should Lambert take a limited footballer and build a side around him when that's clearly not the road he wants us to go down? Not necessarily aiming this at you by the way.

It's rather long the list of managers and clubs that wouldn't want Darren Bent for whatever reason. It's surprising that he's still held up as some kind if demi-god by a few around here when you consider his most realistic move may well be Fulham.

I agree, Fulham is the most obvious potential buyer for him. West Ham otherwise but I can't see them putting about 15 million for a player and paying 60-70k in wages. Bent is very good finisher but nothing else really, and I can easily understand why Lambert prefers Benteke as a lone striker in our current formation.

The time of strikers like Bent is gone due how much game has changed in the last 4-5 years.

There will always be a place for goal scorers in the game.

If he moves and starts scoring for his new team we will kicking ourselves.

Not personally. That's exactly what he will do, nobody is oblivious to that I don't think. Everything will be fine and dandy for 12 months, maybe 24. Then either he of the club will outgrow one another, the fans will divide and Darren Bent will move on to the next club with more money than sense.

I don't think we'd need to build a side around him - we'd just need to buy a winger and/or have a plan B for when our current system isn't working. There's nothing wrong with buying a winger, we could do with one for sure, and there's wrong with having a plan B either!

As for his attitude as far as I can see, he just wants to play. Lambert today said that there's nothing wrong with how he trains.

I don't think we'd need to build a side around him - we'd just need to buy a winger and/or have a plan B for when our current system isn't working. There's nothing wrong with buying a winger, we could do with one for sure, and there's wrong with having a plan B either!

As for his attitude as far as I can see, he just wants to play. Lambert today said that there's nothing wrong with how he trains.

I'm down with owning a winger regardless, that would be a pleasant surprise come January. Though are we really in a position to keep a £15m striker on the bench (or worse, in the stand) as a plan B?

I do question his attitude. Everything I hear or read regarding him has an "air". I don't think I'm reading between the lines too much to say his attitude clearly doesn't wash well with the manager in some capacity.

Watched a snipit of Lambert's interview this morning on BBC news and he said that 'he knew what was going on' in regards to Bent.

You could read a lot into that comment but i think it's fair to say that Benty is leaving in January.

I just hope that we have an able replacement lined up and its not Bowery.

Thing with Bent is that he is the kind of player who wants to prove critics wrong. I could see him coming back into the team and banging the goals in (given we supply him with chances).

For years we were deperate for a striker like him but but hes the right striker at the wrong time for the club!

Absolutely no way should he not even be on the bench. I can see the reasoning with him not starting but he should be playing a part.

it doesnt help with lambert taking the piss out of him

benteke and bent can play together, they did against southampton, we lost 4-1

or words to that effect

if he wants to go down that route why not mention his forward lineup against man city last week? where his line up got smashed 5-0?

i suspect he is doing this and treating him like scum is to get a reaction out of bent so it looks like bent has a bad attitude.

im guessing liverpool or qpr is the destination come january and im guessing bent will score 12 goals from january onwards because he will be played in his new team

for years we dream of having a top finisher, we get one and then dont use him, it can only happen at villa

instead we will continue to have 1 striker on form and have to rely soley on him not getting injured to survive

but the striker on form will net 12 to 14 goals each year

then in 3 years of this we will be dreaming of getting a top finisher.............

Watched a snipit of Lambert's interview this morning on BBC news and he said that 'he knew what was going on' in regards to Bent.

You could read a lot into that comment but i think it's fair to say that Benty is leaving in January.

I just hope that we have an able replacement lined up and its not Bowery.

He said when we signed Bowery that he was one for the future. I think it could be Bony who he tried to sign in the summer.

it doesnt help with lambert taking the piss out of him

benteke and bent can play together, they did against southampton, we lost 4-1

or words to that effect

if he wants to go down that route why not mention his forward lineup against man city last week? where his line up got smashed 5-0?

i suspect he is doing this and treating him like scum is to get a reaction out of bent so it looks like bent has a bad attitude.

im guessing liverpool or qpr is the destination come january and im guessing bent will score 12 goals from january onwards because he will be played in his new team

for years we dream of having a top finisher, we get one and then dont use him, it can only happen at villa

instead we will continue to have 1 striker on form and have to rely soley on him not getting injured to survive

but the striker on form will net 12 to 14 goals each year

then in 3 years of this we will be dreaming of getting a top finisher.............

Bent made sense when we had Milner, Young (and I suppose Downing) but Bent is a luxury player for us now - he can't work as a lone striker and if he plays up alongside Benteke we are short in midfield and won't create enough

Bent is moving on in January - forget him

Why should we build the team around Bent? SHould Bent not be trying to adapt to the team which for me is the problem. The Norwich game was a perfect example of his limitations when at 10 men his inability to hold onto the ball really cost us

Bent made sense when we had Milner, Young (and I suppose Downing) but Bent is a luxury player for us now - he can't work as a lone striker and if he plays up alongside Benteke we are short in midfield and won't create enough

Bent is moving on in January - forget him

he cant work as a lone striker? he did for charlton and playing 2 up front with one being a player like benteke? it worked for sunderland by playing kenwne jones and bent up front together

the idea of winning a game of football is by scoring more than the opponents, while bent may be a one trick pony, his trick is scoring goals, thats quite a good trick, one which seems to evade most of our forwards

benteke may score 12 -14 goals this season, we may have another player score 10, thats 2 players who between them may score the same amount bent scores season upon season when played, so i cant see this thing about him being a luxury player and we only play weith 10 men when he isnt scoring, because when he does score it could be countered that we are now playing with 12 men as he scores double the amount our other strikers manage

lambert will sell him, we will score less goals and another team will benefit from his services

thats football, but for me bent has done nothing wrong apart from being bigger than lambert and lambert doesnt like that and seems intent on goading bent until bent reacts.

Yep, he's definitely on his way.....goodbye Villa, hello West Ham.

Allardyce is different to PL in that you can see him setting his team up to suit Bents pretty static style. Lambo is clearly not interested in what he has to offer to the team in regards of workrate and effort.

Â