Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Yes, I too like Benteke and the way he is delivering now, but Darren Bent also has a goal every other game over 100 games. The best way would be to accomodate them both, we need to play our best players and these two obviously are amongst them. Time will tell though, what will happen to Darren Bent and AVFC.

can hear what people are saying about how we should be fitting Bent in as well as Benteke but I think people need to remember this is a squad game now, modern footy is now not just about eleven players. This time 3 weeks ago I would have been totally against the sale of Bent but now the way I see it is that if he is not prepared (not saying he's not but get that impression) to be part of a squad and feels he should start each game then I'd rather he left. If Lambert thinks he can win a game by using Bent as a starter he'll play him, if not he's on the bench.... Look at Man U, they have always been successful when they have had a group of strikers who they can rotate at anytime an that is how I'd like to see Villa, Solskjaer made pretty much a whole career up there as a sub. I want players here who are hungry but at the same time see the bigger picture, to his credit I think Gabby gets it and this is reflected in his form recently, I hope Bent does as well but if not then maybe separate ways is best.

I wouldn't write Bent off yet, now we have four different kind of strikers; Gabby as speed merchant, Weimann as more all-around striker who can play on wing, Benteke as powerful target-type of striker and Bent as Fox-in-the-Box. I can see Lambert seeing uses for all of them depending on who we are playing and who we can playing in the game (due possible injuries and suspensions).

im glad benteke is showing quick progress, but i still think he is better suited as the super sub still maybe for the next season or so with the bent/gabby partnership remaining the starting line up

bent will find form, and the goal again

Don't mind the idea of Bent going: I think it may well be a good time to get rid of him, if we can get good money, and continue building for the future. However, he'll probably end up scoring a lot of goals at another team, including against us if he stays in the Premier League, which is likely. I don't think anyone is doubting that he's a very talented goalscorer.

Also, if he were to start scoring a lot elsewhere and Benteke had a run of poor form, which again isn't out of the question as he's a young guy and still adjusting in some ways, I just hope there wouldn't be a clamour to have a go at Lambert and/or Randy for letting him go.

However, I'm happy that despite our situation in the league table, so many of us wouldn't mind Bent leaving. It shows that we finally have some semblance of a plan and direction, both of which have been missing for a while now - and that fans are generally uniting again. It'd be very much a different situation to the sales of Young, Milner, etc.

I remember having the same debate when Mcleish was our manager. I kept saying what if Bent gets injured. What do we do then. Bent got a bad injury and the goals dried up.

I'm now hearing the same naivety again. We can sell Bent because we've got Benteke. If we sell Bent in January what happens when Benteke needs to be rested or indeed picks up an injury? Do we rely on Gabby and Weimann? They didn't do so well last time when we needed them to step up to the mark. Do we rely on Bowery?

We are going to need Bent. We're going to need to rest Benteke at some stage and we're going to need someone who can stick the ball into the net on a regular basis. Gabby won't do it. Weimann won't do it and Bowery we don't yet know what sort of a player he is?

Sell Bent in January, Benteke injured, or rested, or loses form when so many young players do and i will guarantee you relegation unless we bring in another striker of equal standing and quality to replace him.

I remember having the same debate when Mcleish was our manager. I kept saying what if Bent gets injured. What do we do then. Bent got a bad injury and the goals dried up.

I'm now hearing the same naivety again. We can sell Bent because we've got Benteke. If we sell Bent in January what happens when Benteke needs to be rested or indeed picks up an injury? Do we rely on Gabby and Weimann? They didn't do so well last time when we needed them to step up to the mark. Do we rely on Bowery?

We are going to need Bent. We're going to need to rest Benteke at some stage and we're going to need someone who can stick the ball into the net on a regular basis. Gabby won't do it. Weimann won't do it and Bowery we don't yet know what sort of a player he is?

Sell Bent in January, Benteke injured, or rested, or loses form when so many young players do and i will guarantee you relegation unless we bring in another striker of equal standing and quality to replace him.

How many pissing times do you need told??

If you really think we are selling Bent and just keeping 3 strikers and not replacing him then you really are thick as pig shit!

Bent goes --> We get Money --> We use that money on a NEW STRIKER! .. Yes that is right - A New Striker! = Bent's replacement.

It really is like painting by numbers with window lickers on this board at times!

Â