Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Regardless of the quality or potential of Bent, I simply don't think he fits into the PL way and for that alone I reckon he'll be on his way in January if sonmeone offers enough. I note that the media were reporting yesterday that we'd listen to offers for our "high earning players" but then only mentioned Given, Hutton, Warnock, and Dunne.

Anyhow, back to DB, if you look at the work put in by our attacking options yesterday it was leagues ahead of anything DB would do. He just trots around up front waiting for the perfect pass or cross. Benteke, Gabby, and Weimann yesterday all put in a huge shift and given one of them scored twice and the other two provided one assist each you can't argue that they're not doing their job.

PL's view is that we need a young and hungry team - Bent is a player who probably thinks he's already proved himself and therefore doesn't quite have the "hungry" tag. Sure if we sell him he might go a relegation rival but then again who knows where the money from his sale would go - another young and hungry PL find from the lower leagues or abroad?

Regardless of the quality or potential of Bent, I simply don't think he fits into the PL way and for that alone I reckon he'll be on his way in January if sonmeone offers enough. I note that the media were reporting yesterday that we'd listen to offers for our "high earning players" but then only mentioned Given, Hutton, Warnock, and Dunne.

Anyhow, back to DB, if you look at the work put in by our attacking options yesterday it was leagues ahead of anything DB would do. He just trots around up front waiting for the perfect pass or cross. Benteke, Gabby, and Weimann yesterday all put in a huge shift and given one of them scored twice and the other two provided one assist each you can't argue that they're not doing their job.

PL's view is that we need a young and hungry team - Bent is a player who probably thinks he's already proved himself and therefore doesn't quite have the "hungry" tag. Sure if we sell him he might go a relegation rival but then again who knows where the money from his sale would go - another young and hungry PL find from the lower leagues or abroad?

Absolutely spot on.

I cannot see how Bent can get back in this side, his game is totally different to the three we currently have, would mean changing the system. I hope Lambert holds his nerve and keeps Bent out the team, Mcleish bottled it last year when we had our best run of performances under him with Bent on the sidelines.

Iv'e finally come around to the idea of selling Bent, Between Weimann, Gabby and Benteke there is enough there.. Sell Bent at the end of the season/January and use the money on other areas of the team. Would be benefit the team more.

Iv'e always stood strong by Bent and not to sell him, but coming round to idea that he is not going to fit into Lamberts system.

Yeah I've pretty much come round to the idea that Bent is now going to be leaving. To be honest, I really don't mind. If we still had Young & Downing then i'd be totally against it, but he just doesnt do enough for me. All the money we receive from the Bent sale should be given to Lambert to go get another striker. Someone like Aubameyang would be good. Think he'd offer us something a bit different.

I'd still wait until the summer if we must sell him. We would have to rely on two 21-year olds and Gabby who isn't the most prolific striker. For me it's too big a risk selling Bent in January.

Any fee could be used on a new striker but we don't know how long they'd take to settle. I still hope Bent can make an impact this season but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

I cannot see how Bent can get back in this side, his game is totally different to the three we currently have, would mean changing the system. I hope Lambert holds his nerve and keeps Bent out the team, Mcleish bottled it last year when we had our best run of performances under him with Bent on the sidelines.

Ah, the system. The maginificent system that has brought us huge success this season. We are 17th in the table, we have scored a measly 10 goals in 11 games. Our form is bad, we are 17th there as well. Only 4 teams have scored less than us and we have Arsenal and Man City up next.

I would say the system Lambert has used thus far has been a huge failure, our worst start in ages in fact. I would accept Darren Bent being benched if we played well, but nobody can possibly blame one of the best goalscorers in the Premier League for not fitting into the system when the results have been so incredibly bad as they have been.

really? we played 16 league games without bent last year. we got 11 points, scoring a pathetic 10 goals and conceding 24. we weren't amazing with him either, but we were better than without. we played 22 with him, got 27 points, 27 goals scored (bent getting 9 of them) and 30 against.

im not sure why people are so determined to see him go. gabby is woefully inconsistent in terms of goalscoring, and benteke and weimann are both still young - we dont know if they can be regular goal scorers. it would be a huge risk at the moment to count on those 3 to continue to get the goals we need.

absolutely... bent is in our squad... if called upon, am sure he'll contribute with goals - always has, for villa and other teams...

what we want are strikers that when called upon, are going to score for us... i absolutely think that we should try and keep him....

unfortunately, i also think the issue will not be resolved by what villa wants... i strongly suspect that bent will force a move through in january or at the end of the season... lets hope we can get him fit, and get him contributing to the squad... if DB (and everyone else, for that matter) can be clear that his place in the starting squad is earned, and not simply given, i think thats a good state of affairs in general... seems to be working for the likes of gabby and stevie ireland...

Why wouldn't you want a player of Bent's quality in your squad regardless of whether or not he's on the bench? Lambert likes to rotate, and we're not going to see the same system/front 3 every game. What about injuries? If Benteke gets injured do you really trust Gabby or Weimann to get us the goals we so desperately need? Bent saved us from relegation when he first joined, and our goalscoring record without him is abysmal compared to with him. He's a major asset to this team, and selling him just because we're doing alright without him in the team is very shortsighted.

He is part of Lamberts plans 100% for me - he benched holt and hoolahan for ages when he first went to Norwich. Bent scores goals, and will slip into that front 3 no problem.

If he goes there's no way he'll go till the summer - and people really under estimate the seriousness of his injury, IMO he still wasn't 100% fit and has aggravated it again.

I'd keep Bent. To be effective he needs to be fit and be given the service to feed off. I don't think either of these factors have coincided this season. As mentioned above, what would the plan be if Benteke, Agbonlahore and Weimann picked up injuries? In the event,unlikely I admit , that they were all injured or banned at the same time who would fill the striking role? I'm one of life's natural pessimists and always think that if something can go wrong eventually it will. Sod's Law!

I'd keep Bent. To be effective he needs to be fit and be given the service to feed off. I don't think either of these factors have coincided this season. As mentioned above, what would the plan be if Benteke, Agbonlahore and Weimann picked up injuries? In the event,unlikely I admit , that they were all injured or banned at the same time who would fill the striking role? I'm one of life's natural pessimists and always think that if something can go wrong eventually it will. Sod's Law!

Well I think the whole point in selling Bent, would be that we would Replace him with the money we got. I mean look at Benteke, he cost us 7m. looking like a bargain so far.

Ah, the system. The maginificent system that has brought us huge success this season. We are 17th in the table, we have scored a measly 10 goals in 11 games. Our form is bad, we are 17th there as well. Only 4 teams have scored less than us and we have Arsenal and Man City up next.

I would say the system Lambert has used thus far has been a huge failure, our worst start in ages in fact. I would accept Darren Bent being benched if we played well, but nobody can possibly blame one of the best goalscorers in the Premier League for not fitting into the system when the results have been so incredibly bad as they have been.

Yes but the system of playing Benteke upfront on his own with two wide attacking players has only been used in 4 games.

City away which we won.

Swindon away which we won.

Sunderland away which we won.

Utd home which we lost.

That is why people are saying Bent doesnt fit. As Benteke (beast that he is) fits very well into this system.

Completely agree that the narrow 4 in midfield wasn't working and that's why we are sitting so low in the table.

But the current system does seem to suit us and fairly obviously should be kept!

Â