Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

His international career did take a boost and then Lerner sold decent players and hired Mcleish to replace them with utter garbage.

You say that like it was just a straightforward decision, like none of the players have forced Villa's hand or been subject to frankly insane transfer bids. That's quite an accusation.

Selling these players hasn't been ideal, but it hasn't been as simple as just selling them because he could.

Actually, his England career profited immensely from joining Villa. What did it for him was getting that big injury and having an idiot in Hodgson take over at England.

Whilst I don't really rate Hodgson, since he has been in charge he has been on no position to pick Bent. For euros Bent was injured (yes he made himself available for selection, but he was no where near match fit, and it would've been idiotic for RH to select him). Then thi season Bent has had a few knocks and has been in and out of the side, hardly worthwhile form to be selected...

His international career did take a boost and then Lerner sold decent players and hired Mcleish to replace them with utter garbage.

Can anyone see bent getting in the England squad anytime soon? Like I said his career has dropped like a stone now he's joined us, which actually matches the club itself.

Benteke should be starting ahead of him and as long as the team do well its not an issue but I would imagine bent definitely regrets his decision to come here.

Were you not around when Bent first joined? Joining us initially massively improved his career. It's only really been this calendar year that his career has gone downhill.

Sorry are we talking about now or 2 years ago? His international career looks dead and buried right now. That's got nothing to do with getting called up nearly 2 years ago.

Of course, but you claimed that his career dropped like a stone because of joining us but that's not true.

So then..

How much does everyone think we would get IF Bent is sold in January?

For me I would say between 10-14m

Yeah, i think 12-14m is about right.

He's still our best striker, but we really can't afford to have him sitting on the bech. Same goes for Given, Nzogbia and Dunne, well not that they are our best striker, the other part

So then..

How much does everyone think we would get IF Bent is sold in January?

For me I would say between 10-14m

Would they have him back at Sunderland? Could see MON getting the money to buy him but maybe too similar to Fletcher? I also wouldn't rule out a swap for a couple of decent players in Germany with our new scout.

Still think it would be a mistake to sell him in January unless we replace him with the same quality.

Of course, but you claimed that his career dropped like a stone because of joining us but that's not true.

So what's it to do with?

You don't think his career dropped because we got rid of class players, replaced them with poor players and hired Mcleish?

Please explain why it has then.

• Like 1

So what's it to do with?

You don't think his career dropped because we got rid of class players, replaced them with poor players and hired Mcleish?

Please explain why it has then.

You need some new material.

Bent didn't have an England career at Sunderland. He came here and doubled his money. If he was good enough for top 4 he'd be there already. Lambert clearly isn't his biggest fan so you can blame that on Lerner if it suits your agenda.

What on earth are you on about?

What's doubling his money got to do with his playing career?

You can't really argue that joining us has been good for him, which is what I'm saying.

Like I said, no chance of an England call up and will struggle to get in a side fighting relegation. Do you think that's what he had in mind when he joined us?

What's your point? Are you his agent?

Things didn't work out for him at Spurs (and, arguably, Sunderland) either. Our manager's plans might not include Bent. You use this to continue your boring attack on Lerner.

Got no problem with lambert not having him in his plans.

But we seem to have ruined our record signing and one of the best goal scorers in the league. But like anything else that's negative around this club as long as its decisions made by Randy Lerner you'll defend it.

Â