Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

We all know the injury is bollocks.

Do we though? Players do get hurt in training. It it certainly not inconceivable.

My view is PL had no trouble leaving him out of the team healthy, so what does it benefit him to lie about Bent's ankle? In fact, we need Bent to be healthy and playing at least a bit of we want to sell him come January.

I think this is a real injury that just happened at a suspicious time.

• Like 1

The fact that the last few pages of this thread revolves around a picture of Darren Bent with some women sums football up really. Fake or real, Why do we give a shit? You can't turn on the radio or Tv without hearing/seeing something to do with the personal life of a footballer. Strange really as if about 99% of the population sat back and thought about it - the chances are they really have got bigger fish to fry.

Some great football recently overshadowed by garbage about individuals.

The fact that the last few pages of this thread revolves around a picture of Darren Bent with some women sums football up really. Fake or real, Why do we give a shit?

You say this as if we're all saying "omg Bent's new gf is fabulous! I love her dress"

We "give a shit" because the rumour is our record signing is missing games because he's shagging a team mate's girlfriend.

Now whislt I don't believe that to be true, it certainly provokes discussion.

If our, arguably, best player is missing games not through injury or not being picked, but through doing something like that, you don't think fans should be interested enough to talk about it on a forum?

if it was JUST about his personal life, fair enough. But if his personal life is affecting the team, i.e. preventing his selection, then it's no longer about his personal life.

• Like 1

You say this as if we're all saying "omg Bent's new gf is fabulous! I love her dress"

We "give a shit" because the rumour is our record signing is missing games because he's shagging a team mate's girlfriend.

Now whislt I don't believe that to be true, it certainly provokes discussion.

If our, arguably, best player is missing games not through injury or not being picked, but through doing something like that, you don't think fans should be interested enough to talk about it on a forum?

if it was JUST about his personal life, fair enough. But if his personal life is affecting the team, i.e. preventing his selection, then it's no longer about his personal life.

Sorry Steveo, I do not agree!

If Darren Bents personal life is affecting Aston Villa - then I agree - it provokes discussion. However, the discussion should be (as in any walk of life) - 'Leave your personal issues at the front door Darren, and get your arse in gear'. (Of course if it was personal issue of Stan petrov's nature then you can understand why the club would be open to involving Aston Villa within it). However, we feel (as a nation/world) the need to take it further and delve further into the personal issue. Why? Why do we need to know?

For whatever reason your not in the squad Darren, (and I agree with the decision as you probably know), get your head down son and get fit and get on with it. Otherwise, give up with the media articles and Clear off - Because personally, Im sick of these overpaid players telling me how it is.

I don't really see anyone saying anything other than what you've suggested they say, i.e. his personal issues shouldn't affect the team, and if they are then he's at fault.

A few people have debated the integrity of the photo in question, but that's it.

I tell you what, if I was going to 'John Terry' one of ours, it damn well wouldn't be Herd. He'd probably rip your dick off, then barbecue and eat it in front of you before you even had time to bleed out.

no matter where i read news concerning villa on the internet, someone always replies with "bent will be gone in january"

why is every villa fan so desperate to be right and say this? does nobody want him to stay? because i for one, do, ye ok so hes not hitting the net at the moment, but blame that on the service, or lack of

db has to stay, him and gabby are the partnership, benteke will be a great super sub whilst hes still adjusting to the league

im dissapointed that hes injured, and im sure PL and DB know the truth, and not what rubbish some villa fans spout, but gabby and benteke should do just fine

I tell you what, if I was going to 'John Terry' one of ours, it damn well wouldn't be Herd. He'd probably rip your dick off, then barbecue and eat it in front of you before you even had time to bleed out.

Interesting debate available here...

I'd imagine you could try it on with Bennett's woman without too many issues, and if Albrighton didn't like it you could shove him off with a swift shoulder barge.

Top of the shop for not even gandering at would be Ron's, Big Brad's and yeah probably Herdy.

I'm sure they're all scared of 5ft 8 Chris Herd. He'd more likely try to headbutt you in the chest whilst swinging wayward jabs to your chin that he can barely reach!

His listed height is way off. Bit like how Bannan is listed as 5'7 but we all know he's shorter than that.

Â