Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Not sure if I have missed this in the discussion BUT

Bent had a serious Injury at the end of last season and has not yet proved he is back to his best. Could our medical staff know something we dont and the real reason he is not being picked. Bent should not just walk straight back into the team. Perhaps he isnt putting the training in etc.

Just a thought

Bent had a serious Injury at the end of last season and has not yet proved he is back to his best. Could our medical staff know something we dont and the real reason he is not being picked. Bent should not just walk straight back into the team. Perhaps he isnt putting the training in etc.

Just a thought

Nah dont be silly. Thats what our manager says in the media so its utter bollocks.

I really hope Bent comes back into the team, adds to his 12 goals in about a year and a half, and fires us back up to the higher echelons of the table where we have been so frequently when he was playing. I really do miss the glory days that Darren's presence brought.

Darren Bent has played a part in the worst Villa team I have ever seen. Truly awful. Paul Lambert is changing things, (which may or may not work, but lets be honest in terms of passion and effort, it couldnt get any worse), and if Darren isn't on board so be it.

If you look at his overall record, it is 20 in 47 (which is solid), and that includes playing under one of the most defensive managers we've ever had the misfortune to have at this club. You say he's played a part in one of the worst Villa teams, but that's due to the management.

On a side note: I also don't think we'd need to buy two wingers: I reckon we'd get away with one and then on the other side we could pay a system similar to Everton with a disciplined, ball playing midfielder and an attacking full back (they use Baines/Pienaar). We could go with, say Lowton plus whoever.

If Lambert is truly pragmatic then he'll buy one or two players which would allow him to switch to a system that can include Bent; we can't have no plan B,

I don't understand why a few want Downing back? No thanks!

He hardly offered us anything when he was here and can't see him wanting to come back either.

We made 7.5m on his transfer fee and I think we should leave it at that.

The only person I would sign from liverplop right now would be Yaheem Sterling but that won't happen either.

Bent needs to be played or sold.

We can't afford the luxury of having players like Bent, Given, Dunne, Nzogbia... on the bench with massive wages.

It's a shame Lambert can't/won't fit Bent into his system, but as it stands we should sell him and spend the money on a DCM, LB or a winger

Bent needs to be played or sold.

We can't afford the luxury of having players like Bent, Given, Dunne, Nzogbia... on the bench with massive wages.

It's a shame Lambert can't/won't fit Bent into his system, but as it stands we should sell him and spend the money on a DCM, LB or a winger

I really don't know what we need, we seem to be at a bit of an equilibrium with the quality of our first team in my opinion. I think Westwood and Bannan are starting to look good together, Weimann, Benteke and Gabby are all improving upfront. From the defense, Guzan, Vlaar, Clark and Lowton are all looking good, even Stevens is staking a claim. That leaves the ACM position, and even there, Ireland has put in some good performances. We're just not pulling the performances in collectively to get the results as the overall quality of the team isnt quite there there at the moment.

If I was to sign one player, it would be someone with a bit of graft to play in the Ireland role. Someone like Robbie Keane as a short term solution perhaps.

Just a thought

I think I wrote it in this or some other topic that he might not been chosen to the squad against arsenal due rain and wet pitch since his ankle has been acting up lately. It could take only one slip from him and his ankle could get injured again.

I think I wrote it in this or some other topic that he might not been chosen to the squad against arsenal due rain and wet pitch since his ankle has been acting up lately. It could take only one slip from him and his ankle could get injured again.

This makes a great deal of sense to be honest, especially as he was shown on ESPN going into the dressing room in his suit before the match, with the rest of the squad - which I'm sure he wouldn't of if he wasn't in the squad at all to begin with?

They also said on ESPN that the team sheet was given to them late on a scrap piece of paper or something like that, so maybe Bent was meant to be in the team, but the weather looked bad so they said we won't take the risk.

Makes sense to me!

This makes a great deal of sense to be honest, especially as he was shown on ESPN going into the dressing room in his suit before the match, with the rest of the squad - which I'm sure he wouldn't of if he wasn't in the squad at all to begin with?

They also said on ESPN that the team sheet was given to them late on a scrap piece of paper or something like that, so maybe Bent was meant to be in the team, but the weather looked bad so they said we won't take the risk.

Makes sense to me!

Wilshere and Sagna were supposedly spared for the same reason - although Wenger put them both on the bench.

I don't understand why a few want Downing back? No thanks!

He hardly offered us anything when he was here and can't see him wanting to come back either.

We made 7.5m on his transfer fee and I think we should leave it at that.

The only person I would sign from liverplop right now would be Yaheem Sterling but that won't happen either.

Downing hardly offered us anything? He was quality the year before he left.

I wanted at least 1 good winger in the summer because we haven't got a single quality wide player in the squad. Nzogbia is useless, albrighton will never make it at premiership level and gabby and weimman are just players we are making do with because they try hard.

Downing hardly offered us anything? He was quality the year before he left.

I wanted at least 1 good winger in the summer because we haven't got a single quality wide player in the squad. Nzogbia is useless, albrighton will never make it at premiership level and gabby and weimman are just players we are making do with because they try hard.

Totally agree (with a slight caveat on Albrighton but this isn't the time or place)

Downing was/is a very good player, his form at Liverpool aside and were he still at the club we probably wouldn't be having the same debate about the future of Bent.

If Bent came to Liverpool he'd be used as either another option to Suarez, or Suarez would drop into the hole or LW/RW. He could defo be accommodated though (seen someone say he couldn't fit in a LFC).

TBH I don't think Rodger's is interested though as he seems to have the hots for Walcott if he don't sign his contract or Sturridge as his backup.

I think Rodgers would only go for Bent if he was available on loan (if Lambert really does wnat to get him out of the club for whatever reason) with a view to a buy in the Summer if it works out, as he is on record saying he's looking for attackers available on loan.

Â