• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Those same players failed at getting the champions league spot...Explain that to me?Did you watch the game? Did you see all those missed chances? How on earth you can blame Houllier for the players missing in some cases easy chances it behond me.

He put out the correct team from the players he had to choose from, set up was good attacking, but they didn't finish, that's what some of them get paid to do....Defending also, how **** hard it is to defend a corner...I understand we have 2 centre backs out who would have been playing, but the ones that were should have done a good enough job from the corners.

Explain what ? GH has turned winners into losers.

What did we win if we were winners?

Enough games to be 6th and threatning rather than 13th and threatened - simple really - if you can't see the difference you are very lucky.

We were shit the back end of last season, pre season and the start of the season before Houllier came....So we were winners when?

Absolutely pointless to continue.

If you can't see the difference between last year and this you are blind.

You said we were winners....I've told you we wasn't at the end of the last season, in the pre season or at the start of this season before Houllier came.....So which is it, we were winners or we won some games and lost some too?

Houllier had it tough today with defensive injuries but our back four problems are endemic of poor coaching and myopic tactics by the manager.

Make no mistake - we are punching far below our weight and it's solely Houllier's fault. No excuses - no 'it's not his players', no 'he needs time', and especially no 'he's changing our style'. Seriously I'd much rather we played muck today and won, we're in danger of slipping into the bottom three.

It is possible to play better football AND win games. The fact Houllier's manages to get the team to occasionally play well, but are still producing bad results, is hardly a win for him.

Seriously I'd much rather we played muck today and won

not me, I hate when we play badly whatever the result. I'd rather we play well and lose, because then you know tomorrow can be better

As long as we stay up I don't really care how we play. If we were 6th and safe then yes the style of football GH is trying to make us play would be excellent. But the fact is we can not defend and we are making silly mistakes all over the pitch. Something is clearly wrong with our coaching setup.

Playing hoofball under MON was unacceptable because we didn't need to but I'd give me right arm to being playing like that now if it meant getting the results needed to avoid relegation.

Just got home from the game. Things needs to change on that training ground immediately! Back to basics and ALOT of work on defending because this free kicks and corners situation is well beyond a joke now. Absolutely school boy defending once again. Not only do we not win the header, we also lose the 2nd ball. It doesn't matter that we had a makeshift back four, they are all defenders and should be capable enough to defend a corner or free kick. **** this zonal marking, I've never been a fan. Go man marking and do NOT lose him. If you can't win the header then atleast stop the attacking player from winning it cleanly!

Friedel is terrible now. He hardly comes for anything and whenever he does he misses it or gets a poor touch on it. He's experienced enough and he should be helping to take the pressure off the back four by commanding his area alot more! A new keeper in the summer is a must.

I don't understand how players like Young and Downing can continue to miss sitters from 6 yards out! It's totally unacceptable. Smash it into the back of the net for **** sake!!! Things need to change BIG TIME! We had a real chance to pull away from the bottom today and once again we have managed to **** it up. With Fulham, West Ham, Everton and West Brom all winning today we have been pulled right back into the shit! The Wolves game isn't even a '6 pointer' it's a **** '9 pointer' but they will come to Villa park and park the bus and we will struggle to break them down and more than likely drop points AGAIN! It comes to something when I am happy that Wigan are losing to Man City! That just about sums this season up! What a write off!

Seriously I'd much rather we played muck today and won

not me, I hate when we play badly whatever the result. I'd rather we play well and lose, because then you know tomorrow can be better

As long as we stay up I don't really care how we play. If we were 6th and safe then yes the style of football GH is trying to make us play would be excellent. But the fact is we can not defend and we are making silly mistakes all over the pitch. Something is clearly wrong with our coaching setup.

Playing hoofball under MON was unacceptable because we didn't need to but I'd give me right arm to being playing like that now if it meant getting the results needed to avoid relegation.

My thoughts entirely. Who is our defensive coach? If we don't have one we should appoint one now. I like the rugby union model where there is a specific coach for each aspect of the game.

This season is a total writeoff. Given our insipid form in the league I have not been too bothered by the cups (OK maybe I'm in a minority there) I have spent most of the season looking below us in the league. Personally I will be happy with just staying in the PL and that is by now means guaranteed. I just hope and pray it does not hinge on the last two games.

Today's result does not help and for me was just a great big kick in the teeth and the super strength G&T I am currently drinking is not helping in the way I hoped. :(

Just got home from the game. Things needs to change on that training ground immediately! Back to basics and ALOT of work on defending because this free kicks and corners situation is well beyond a joke now. Absolutely school boy defending once again. Not only do we not win the header, we also lose the 2nd ball. It doesn't matter that we had a makeshift back four, they are all defenders and should be capable enough to defend a corner or free kick. **** this zonal marking, I've never been a fan. Go man marking and do NOT lose him. If you can't win the header then atleast stop the attacking player from winning it cleanly!

Friedel is terrible now. He hardly comes for anything and whenever he does he misses it or gets a poor touch on it. He's experienced enough and he should be helping to take the pressure off the back four by commanding his area alot more! A new keeper in the summer is a must.

I don't understand how players like Young and Downing can continue to miss sitters from 6 yards out! It's totally unacceptable. Smash it into the back of the net for **** sake!!! Things need to change BIG TIME! We had a real chance to pull away from the bottom today and once again we have managed to **** it up. With Fulham, West Ham, Everton and West Brom all winning today we have been pulled right back into the shit! The Wolves game isn't even a '6 pointer' it's a **** '9 pointer' but they will come to Villa park and park the bus and we will struggle to break them down and more than likely drop points AGAIN! It comes to something when I am happy that Wigan are losing to Man City! That just about sums this season up! What a write off!

I actually don't think Wolves will 'park the bus' at VP. We are a soft touch at the back especially from set pieces and McCarthy will know that and ensure that hist team go for the jugular.

Resting those players in midweek really paid dividends.

Also glad to see all that extra work on the tyraining ground sorting out the conceeding late goals and letting leads slip problem.

Shit result. Houllier out now before we are down.

People who are saying switch back to man marking in set pieces are wrong I think because from what I saw today we used a man marking system. Baker was on Cahill in every corner and Clark on Davies. If anything we should maybe try to use zonal marking on set pieces. Can't be much worse than this?

Just back from the match.

Ash and Bent were very poor - and if Ash is allowed to take a corner/free kick ever again then we will know that GH really has lost it.

Petrov's 10 minute cameo only served to confirm my feelings that he should never play for us again - hopeless.

Walker was a class above.

Absolutely pathetic defending from set pieces, as has been the case all season, and you have to look to the manager and coaching staff.

Very pissed off and now have to get in fancy dress for my mates 21st tonight. Not happy.

I think we played well today, but we have a young, inexperienced back 4 who succumbed to Bolton's battering ram style of play.

I can't see why when we were given the penalty (which was given incorrectly) why Wheater wasn't sent off? Is Ashley Young not just about to shoot before he is bundled over, therefore a goalscoring opportunity? Klasnic was offside for their goal and Wheater looked to be fouling Clark for the knockdown.

One of those days, I feel.

Just back from the match.

Ash and Bent were very poor - and if Ash is allowed to take a corner/free kick ever again then we will know that GH really has lost it.

Petrov's 10 minute cameo only served to confirm my feelings that he should never play for us again - hopeless.

Walker was a class above.

Absolutely pathetic defending from set pieces, as has been the case all season, and you have to look to the manager and coaching staff.

This.

Couple things to add:

Friedel was dreadful.

Petrov is more than hopeless, he is a **** disgrace. Never seen some look so laboured from sitting on the bench in all my life.

Bent was very poor.

As Pompey said, just was one of those days.

Downing should take every set piece and corner. For the love of God, no more Young on corners or free kicks.

Ball was out of play before the penno-non issue really.

How can the penalty be a none issue? Doesn't matter if ball went out of play before we got it but we got it. We missed so yes an issue because it would have put us up 3-1 and game over for me.

I thought that in parts today we played well, and in other parts we played superbly. At no point did I feel that the quality of our play may lead to us losing, in fact even drawing. We'll play worse than that and win comfortably, but it's worrying that we're struggling in the league still.

If we can get a strong back four together and continue to play like this we'll win more games than we'll lose.

First of all, people that actually saw the game will know that this defeat was not GH's fault. We went there to win the game and could/should have been out of sight, we missed 3 chances I could have put away and a penalty and we still can't defend set pieces and Bolton knew it.

If you didn't see the game, then you probably would have thought "Houllier's fault" but wait until you see highlights, jesus christ our finishing was awful, that is not the managements fault! Believe me I was as angry at GH after Wednesday as the next Villa fan so am not his greatest fan! It's an absolute tragedy we lost that game today and everyone knows it, 3 Bolton fans said the same after the match, they feel guilty walking away with 3 points. But the records will say Bolton 3-2 Aston Villa and nothing else, sums up our season IMO. Gutted...

Oh .... we do more defensive training now than under either previous 2 managers according to staff at club.

We know problem and work on it.

If we're trying harder and doing worse with the same material it would suggest the coaches are the problem.

Oh .... we do more defensive training now than under either previous 2 managers according to staff at club.

If we're trying harder and doing worse with the same material it would suggest the coaches are the problem.

Or on today's example a make shift defence because the first choice players were unavailable. Hard to work as a unit with so many injuries.

Or on today's example a make shift defence because the first choice players were unavailable. Hard to work as a unit with so many injuries.

Or on today's example this was the first time we conceded from corners? Nope.

Â