• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

Bolton showed how anti football works for them. They were only going to score from knock downs or headers today and they got 3.

So many obvious things today that went against us.

Conceeding just before half time is hugly deflating and helps the other team go in feeling the more satisfied even though we were level.

We came back after that and once again gave them a boost, at 2-1 up, to miss a pen is like the other team scoring, deflates us and boosts them. As soon as we missed that, it was all about when they scored not if.

If we score that pen its 3-1 and pretty much game over and we'd probably have gone on to score another.

We lost for the obvious reasons - missed easy chances and didnt defend against Boltons hoof ball.

First of all, you play against a bigger team than ours. Sorry, Bolton Wanderers at the moment, and this is our challenge for the future, are above us.It would have been difficult. I knew they would put their best side out and their squad is better than ours, but look at the figures. Look at the players they have.I’m sorry, perhaps they should have warned the fans before, but it is not as if we were playing the youth team. There was risk; yes, we took a risk, but these are good players.

LOL. very good.

you write Houllier post-match speeches don't you :lol:

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Bent goes through 1 on 1 and messes up, explain to me how that is Houllier's fault? :?

That ISN'T Houllier's fault! It is only a part of the problem. We shouldn't be losing from 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go. Against Bolton. It is **** disgraceful and I pity those who can't see that.

You cannot blame Houllier or Young, if the players cannot simply defend set pieces they are not good enough

The buck stops with the manager. Defensive organisation is an integral part of his reponsibility. The fact that we defend like a very poor Sunday league side is an indictment of his reign so far.

especially when its the same defence as last year, the same defence that were one of the best in the Premier League last year.

i don't care about conceding 3 goals in this match, its the fact that we concede every bloody game which is so annoying.

Houllier picked the right team, it is not Houllier's fault that Young missed the pen, it is not his fault that Bent missed loads of chances at the end of the day what happens on the pitch is down to players

Wenger great manager but Arsenal lost to Blues because the players did not perform

I just don't see where we can go from here. We created chances, we had the possession, we dominated for long parts of the game, yet we all still knew we had a great chance of throwing it away.

You'd say lessons will be learnt and we'll improve, but these are the same mistakes we've been making game after game after game.

It's all too easy to hide behind the "we played well, we were unlucky" aspect, but we've been "unlucky" how many times this season? You make your own look and the game should have been well beyond bolton in the first half.

Young is a liability, tries to be fancy when simple will do and just gives the ball away, he's forgotten how to hit a set piece, and he's far too selfish.

Still, at least we're blooding Spur's talent for them. They'll surely thank us when he's in their first team next season.

Anyone else think Darren Bent has been shit since the day he joined?
No and you're a fool if you are. He's scored three already, and yeah he's missed some, but it's not as bad as Gabby or Heskey.

This game sums up a very poor season. We tried, and failed. If we are with Birmingham at the end of the season, West Ham are above us and we all have nPower Championship on tickets next season, then something has to change. It's usually the manager, but I think the entire squad needs a freshen up. We have an average defense who have poor reserves, and they let it far too many goals in. Strictly speaking, we have a very good midfield, but last season, we had Young/Downing and Milner to cross in, but now we go through the midfield, and it's crap. Gabby/Bent are too inconsistent, as is Delfouneso, and I've scored more goals than Heskey has.

Ok Ash missed the Pen but his out-field play was brilliant some of his balls to Bent were fabergas like. Clarke and Baker were the shit ones. Bent looked dodgy he even tried his best to mess-up the goal. Downing and Albrighton were very good. We should have won by far the better team, but our make-shift defence wasn't upto it.

It's a sickening match to lose but attacking wise at least we look a real threat.

Ive tried so hard to back Houllier but this is it for me.

He's giving Ash way to much (pens,freekicks,corners,captains armband) just to try and keep him at the club, if he wants to go let him go!

I understand people saying how can GH be blamed for the goals that are coming from corners but 1. Its his job to coach them and improve them in all areas and 2. in my opinion they just dont care, they dont want to fight for GH! Its clear to see!

Get rid and bring back in Kev Mac until the end of the season, theres a man the players really wanted to play for!

Thanks for ruining my weekend Villa!

Another absolutely disgraceful result. We can't defend set pieces and we can't score from set pieces. So much for giving up on the FA Cup and saving our best players for the league. We had a chance of putting relegation fears behind us and climbing into the top half of the table right up the arses of Liverplop and we gave it away with our inability to punish teams and shit defending.

Houllier you French **** go and **** off out of this club and take your idiot of a Scottish assistant with you. Cowans could do better on his own. The sooner you go the better. If you were back in charge of your beloved Liverplop you would not have fielded a weakened side at Man Citeh and you would not have surrendered to an average Bolton team.

Go now and let someone who knows what they are doing have the rest of the season to suss out what is needed to make us fit again.

The match should have been done & dusted before the penalty - Bent WTF? Mrs Redknapp would have had a hat trick today!

In the end we did more than enough to win comfortably but failed with our finishes. Yes, poor defending for their goals but three 21 years olds and a RB playing CB as our defence - we were always going to concede a few.

Time to take penalties and corners off Ashley.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Those same players failed at getting the champions league spot...Explain that to me?

Did you watch the game? Did you see all those missed chances? How on earth you can blame Houllier for the players missing in some cases easy chances it behond me.

He put out the correct team from the players he had to choose from, set up was good attacking, but they didn't finish, that's what some of them get paid to do....Defending also, how **** hard it is to defend a corner...I understand we have 2 centre backs out who would have been playing, but the ones that were should have done a good enough job from the corners.

Anyone else think Darren Bent has been shit since the day he joined?
No and you're a fool if you are. He's scored three already, and yeah he's missed some, but it's not as bad as Gabby or Heskey.

All been tap ins, i know he is here to score goals but it really is to the detriment of the team. He has an abysmal first touch, can't score from further than 2 yards and can't hold the ball up. Maybe i'm just pissed off about today but he really was awful.

Houllier picked the right team, it is not Houllier's fault that Young missed the pen, it is not his fault that Bent missed loads of chances at the end of the day what happens on the pitch is down to players

I agree with this, but the coaching staff deserves a lot of blame for our complete inability to defend corners.

That's right, I'm proposing that both the players AND the coaching staff are to blame. Unorthodox, I know.

First of all, you play against a bigger team than ours. Sorry, Bolton Wanderers at the moment, and this is our challenge for the future, are above us.It would have been difficult. I knew they would put their best side out and their squad is better than ours, but look at the figures. Look at the players they have.I’m sorry, perhaps they should have warned the fans before, but it is not as if we were playing the youth team. There was risk; yes, we took a risk, but these are good players.

LOL. very good.

you write Houllier post-match speeches don't you :lol:

I would have applied for the job, but I'm unable t produce the diarrhea coming our of his mouth if I tried.

Â