• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:069d41bae3][mrow][mcol color=white:069d41bae3]Bolton[mcol]3-2[mcol color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]Aston Villa

[row][col color=white:069d41bae3][col]0-1[col color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]Bent 15

[row][col color=white:069d41bae3]Cahill 45+2[col]1-1[col color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]

[row][col color=white:069d41bae3][col]1-2[col color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]Albrighton 54

[row][col color=white:069d41bae3]Cahill 75[col]2-2[col color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]

[row][col color=white:069d41bae3]Klasnic 86[col]3-2[col color=#8c333c:069d41bae3]

[/table]

Ashley Young should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever take a penalty again. He is piss poor at them.

Gutted

Good all round undone by poor finishing and a complete lack of ability to defend corners.I would cut the newly put together defence some slack but it's been like this all season.

They took their chances - we didn't.. Bent was poor for me, Defence was really poor (was expected to an extent however goals from corners happening time and time again is unacceptable).

Oh and that penalty miss - Could've atleast given us a point.

Very, very frustrating.

Bolton were woeful other than corners. We should've been comfortable, but just can't defend corners.

Now it looks like the saved pen turned the match - 3-1 at that point would've killed it. There is no way Bolton should've won that match. A draw would've been massively flattering for them.

MOTM: Downing.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

I'm normally one of the happy brigade, but even I'm fookin seething after that. I do think the officials did us right over though. How was Wheater still on the pitch? Bent was way onside when clear near the end.

Bent on penalty duty from now on.

Man marking on every corner. We can't keep giving every team goals from corners every game.

The better team lost.

If we were able to defend from set pieces wewould pick up so many more points.

Why oh why were giving them so much space and time to allow them to cross balls in? Especially when we are shit in the air.

Kyle Walker... hell of a performance son.

That's the best we've played all season, had the opportunities to win it, but didn't capitalise and were too inexperienced at the back. If we keep playing like that we'll easily stay up, future looks good :)

Difficult picking a MOTM...I'm going for NRC just ahead of Ashley Young, but I expect Albrighton to be ahead in the poll.

13 - 13 of the goals that Aston Villa have conceded this term in the Premier League have come following a corner kick; a league high. Flags.

--Opta

I don't think I'd be surprised if word came out that Houllier and crew were telling the players to intentionally let one in every game just to make it a challenge. Would we have conceded any more if he had?

No ratings, just a reaction:

I was away in Amsterdam during the week. I had a great time, and didn't even think about Wednesday's Cup game until I got back today, and my reaction was a "meh" shrug.

Today was back to "normal" - frantically hunting for streams, trying to follow the game on VT and the BBC, refreshing screens every few seconds, getting more and more agitated, and now I feel utterly, utterly pissed off.

I know I've said it a million times before, but after over fifty (count 'em) years following the Villa, I'm really beginning to think my life would be more enjoyable if I just cut **** football out of it for good.

Crossing the ball into the box against us is as good as having a penalty with the way we defend.

Patheting, complete embarassment.

I'm not really one to overreact over a defeat, but it's football basics that we're getting completely wrong. Unacceptable and needs to be sorted out if we want to acheive anything.

I'm not trying to troll here but as soon as the capitulation against City I put a fair amount of money on Bolton just to soothe the pain of the inevitable loss. When will managers learn that surrendering in the cups NEVER works? Sorry for the caps but just WHEN WILL THEY **** LEARN?

At least I made a bit of profit on 15 quid. I shouldn't have bothered, I don't give a shit right now.

Â