• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

You cannot blame Houllier or Young, if the players cannot simply defend set pieces they are not good enough

The buck stops with the manager. Defensive organisation is an integral part of his reponsibility. The fact that we defend like a very poor Sunday league side is an indictment of his reign so far.

the most annoying thing is that its so easy to get 6th place in the league this year, with everyone being as shit as each other.

i'm still supporting Houllier as he's our manager, but my patience is starting to wear thin.

Friedel - Old, past it, can't command his area, can't come for crosses, takes about an hour to move, has a decent game once a month but evidently he's just can't be a consistent keeper at our level any more. Sell him, bring someone new in.

Walker - Did well, been one of our better performers recently, which is a pity as he'll be gone in the summer.

Clark - Did well enough, let down by his partners.

Young - Not a centre-back

Baker - Too young and inexperienced, didn't win his headers. He'll get better but his inexperience did cost us.

Albrighton - Best player on the pitch, why oh why did he get taken of instead of Young? Daft decision.

Delph - Looked good, good touches and battled well, the game wasn't lost in midfield that's for sure.

NRC - One of our better players, again he battled well and did what had to do fine.

Downing - Played well on the whole but should've scored, did well for Albrightons goal.

Young - Shit, again, in a position he will never be good in.

Bent - Shit, movement was good but his finishing for a 20+ million striker was dreadful. Must do better.

Houllier, sort defending from set-pieces out, or we will be scrapping it out until the final day.

Ratings:

Dunno, but Ashley Young can have a 1 out of 10 from me. Set pieces shite and a crap penalty. Give the penalties to Bent for **** sake.

Reaction:

watch-bolton-wanderers-vs-aston-villa.html

I totally agree, cant remember the last time he hit a decent free kick at goal or put in a cross that wasnt 10ft above every1, he needs to get his head out of his arse and back down to earth and realise he just isnt all that!! Downing should take them. New defending was gonna be tough today! But for me the main thing is GH OUT. Bet hye is glad he rested his players in the FA Cup.............not, what a tw@t!! what are you doing to our club!

I believed we would be in trouble at set plays due to us missing Dunne, Cuellar and Collins so the goals didn't surprize me but Ashley should have put the game out of reach with the penalty. 3-1 I believe would have taken it out of reach and would have given us 3 points.

A lot of missed chances so no one to blame but the players on that. We created more than enough chances to win even with 3 goals against. One of those games to put behind us and move on. Not a easy place to go and get a result, if we had taken our chances we would of got it.

Excellent point, Bolton used their height and pyschicality to get the better of us at both ends of the pitch.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Officials had a terrible match, made plenty of mistakes on both sides, not just us who has the right to feel aggrieved.

Friedel was poor - didn't move a muscle for any of their goals, reactions gone?

Walker had a good game, looks excellent going forward

Young was decent and did well after a lengthy absence and playing out of position

Clark was decent

Baker did ok, lost Cahill for their second goal though

Downing was his usual cowardly self - was decent going forward but makes no attempt to win possession once he's lost it, needs to grow a pair

Delph was poor, game passed him by

NRC was his usual self - did great until it came time to play a pass

Albrighton was excellent, should be taking our set pieces

Young was atrocious, too much diving about and moaning, terrible free kick delivery, woeful penalty. Poor, poor performance

Bent missed two or three good chances to score, but at least he's getting himself in the right positions and would have had 3 or 4 on another day

Petrov and Gabby did ok when they came on

Overall I'm fuming though, yet more points dropped from a winning position and it's the same mistakes being made week after week. The work ethic and fight that this team was famous for has all but disappeared. We weren't pretty to watch under MON, but we never, ever gave up. Under Houllier we seem to crumble at a moments notice, and giving 21 points away from winning positions is simply unforgivable.

GH is gonna need a fu**** master plan for the new season. Im a GH fan but who the hell is training our team. Time after time this is happening, the defending is dismal, I would rather them have a penalty than a corner lately got more chance of not scoring. Someone help me here please!

You cannot blame Houllier or Young, if the players cannot simply defend set pieces they are not good enough

The buck stops with the manager. Defensive organisation is an integral part of his reponsibility. The fact that we defend like a very poor Sunday league side is an indictment of his reign so far.

especially when its the same defence as last year, the same defence that were one of the best in the Premier League last year.

i don't care about conceding 3 goals in this match, its the fact that we concede every bloody game which is so annoying.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Bent goes through 1 on 1 and messes up, explain to me how that is Houllier's fault? :?

Friedel: 6 - Can't be faulted for the goals as he has no protection

Walker: 6 - Offers a lot up front and defends well but offers nothing at set pieces

Luke Young: 6 - Best of a poor defence but still offered little on set pieces

Baker: 5 - At fault for at least one goal which is a shame as I like him and thought he was playing well at first

Clark: 5 - Not terrible but again inexperience/no positional sense for crosses cost us

NRC: 6 - Thought he did well

Delph: 5 - What he did he did well, but that wasn't much.

Young: 5 - Frustrating as ever, penalty miss sounded the death knoll of this game

Downing: 5 - Missed a sitter and never chases or tackles, although was still a threat

Albrighton: 7 - Great game yet he has become what Bale used to be Tottenham - a total jinx - although that didn't last

Bent: 4 - Knock in aside he was useless

subs: Petrov 5

Gabby - to little time to rate

Houllier: 4 Not sure he could have done more with the injuries we have, but he needs to get every defender we have on the training ground and praticise the **** out of defending set pieces and crosses or else we will get relegated.

Even if we had won today it wouldn't have justified the nonsense that happened midweek. Nice to see Houillier has done absolutely nothing about our inability to defend set pieces. What a **** clown that guy is.

Bent needs to be drug tested.

OK Young was better today than last week as far as footballing is concerned. Tons of space, many good passes. The penno, he missed it...but it was NEVER a penalty. Walker didn't keep the ball in play. Almost fair that he missed it.

Albrighton's goal: Delph's spin flick on to Downing was amazing!!!! Downing MOTM for me.

Petrov? What a joke. On for 10 mins and running like he was knackered from a full shift.

L.Young was good. Clark was meh again.

We can't miss so many chances when we're only on 33 points. BENT!

First of all, you play against a bigger team than ours. Sorry, Bolton Wanderers at the moment, and this is our challenge for the future, are above us.It would have been difficult. I knew they would put their best side out and their squad is better than ours, but look at the figures. Look at the players they have.I’m sorry, perhaps they should have warned the fans before, but it is not as if we were playing the youth team. There was risk; yes, we took a risk, but these are good players.

especially when its the same defence as last year, the same defence that were one of the best in the Premier League last year.

Oh yes, that great defence from last season of Walker, Young, Clark and Baker.

:shock:

Â