• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

With the scum losing at home to the baggies and some of the other results going our way we had the perfect chance to climb away from danger. We now only have one game left this month to correct the **** ups Houllier has made this week.

Lerner, I hope you were watching today because season ticket sales will reflect the results on the pitch.

Just back - feels weird being home so soon - and have to say that we really should have got three points today. You cannot afford to create that many chances and miss them against any side.

Bit like Blackpool and Wigan away in that respect all games where we deserved more than we got.

The defending from corners and any set piece is not only an issue but also seems to be getting to the players whenever we concede one, you can see them being as nervous as us in the stands.

Onto a few players:

Luke Young - played very well after such a long break and at CB.

Daz Bent - did what we bought him to but should have done a couple more times at least.

Downing - once again completely flatters to deceive. Everyone keeps telling me he is our best player this season, which shows why it's been such a poor season then he was ineffective for 85mins today.

Ash - Pen miss - shit happens. All round game very good and although he went over a lot they did all look like fouls today. Worked hard and you can see it hurts him when we lose.

Delph - excellent and is a star in the making. Energy and tackling of Coker, but a passing ability far beyond his. His flick in the move for our second was sublime.

Hou - only fault today was leaving it too late for Gabby and then bringing off the wrong winger.

Fans - we were good but have been better.

Bolton IS a shithole; the fans are horrible the stewards and police as bad.

Oh and I hope someone reported Jaaskelainen for his 'handshake' towards the Villa fans.

If one thing is certain in life, it is that Villa will always let you down.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Those same players failed at getting the champions league spot...Explain that to me?Did you watch the game? Did you see all those missed chances? How on earth you can blame Houllier for the players missing in some cases easy chances it behond me.

He put out the correct team from the players he had to choose from, set up was good attacking, but they didn't finish, that's what some of them get paid to do....Defending also, how **** hard it is to defend a corner...I understand we have 2 centre backs out who would have been playing, but the ones that were should have done a good enough job from the corners.

Explain what ? GH has turned winners into losers.

Yes I watched the Game. Yes I saw the missed chances - watch MOTD tonight and you will see lots of Teams miss chances. In the end if you miss too many and concede too many you go DOWN, and that is a definite possibility in our case. There are many reasons why a winning Team is down to the Manager and so is a losing one. We are a losing Team, a consistently losing Team, and that is down to the Manager.

You can carry on saying how many chances we make till the cows come home, but we are potentially one win off bottom - with a Team of excellent players.

GH is the problem.

We haven't been a "winning" team since about March last year, long before GH took over

With the scum losing at home to the baggies and some of the other results going our way we had the perfect chance to climb away from danger. We now only have one game left this month to correct the **** ups Houllier has made this week.

Lerner, I hope you were watching today because season ticket sales will reflect the results on the pitch.

And do you think we will beat Wolves because I don't. Wolves will come and park the bus at VP and try to catch us out at set pieces. I can almost see McCarthy drilling his players for those sort of chances.

OK sides can miss chances and we have missed plenty. The real problems we have are:

We are such a soft touch at set pieces that its untrue and every side in the PL knows that.

Equally we waste our set pieces and the chief culprit is Young. Woeful deliver from corners and his free kicks are just little short of laughable.

GH is licking his arse on a permanent basis to get him to stay by making him the captain and giving him the opportunity to do precisely what he wants on the pitch. He'll be off in the summer whatever happens. The only good thing is we will get a decent fee for him.

How are people saying you can't blame Houllier for the result when yet again we failed at the most basic defending of corners.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that the manager set up how teams defended set pieces, and ran the drills in training to get them all doing their jobs properly. So if that very simple task of defending a set piece CONSTANTLY fails, regardless of which players are on the pitch, then surely the problem is deeper than the players on the pitch? If all season we'd been defending corners like pros and rarely conceding then sure, blame the weakened back line. But when EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. we look dodgy as hell on set pieces then look to the manager as he's the one that's dictating how we defend them.

You can do all that all day in training at it would work but on the field it is down to the players

I'd like to see us give it a try.

I can't wait for this season to be over.

This season is over. Houllier made that happen this week.

To be fair, it was over the minute MON lost his bollocks and walked out on us.

I wrote it off back then, but didn't think we'd suffer as much as we have this season..

When is Cuellar due back?

My answer to curing the defensive issues is a flat back four - **** wing backs just four defenders who know how to tackle and defend.

Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Clark

I presume for the next game it'll be

Walker, Collins, LYoung, Clark

which will be better but not enough for a clean sheet.

We are well on course for our worst season in 5 years. We could still go down, and perhaps in this stage of the season wednesday's surrender will be looked at as the key point. That decision well and truly backfired today.

Houllier is a cancer.

To blame Houllier for the players missing those chances is just nuts, although the buck will stop with him and people will rant saying they want him gone.

Week after week the same players who were pushing for CL fooball keep failing - how can you NOT see it is down to the Manager ???

Those same players failed at getting the champions league spot...Explain that to me?Did you watch the game? Did you see all those missed chances? How on earth you can blame Houllier for the players missing in some cases easy chances it behond me.

He put out the correct team from the players he had to choose from, set up was good attacking, but they didn't finish, that's what some of them get paid to do....Defending also, how **** hard it is to defend a corner...I understand we have 2 centre backs out who would have been playing, but the ones that were should have done a good enough job from the corners.

What did we win if we were winners?

Enough games to be 6th and threatning rather than 13th and threatened - simple really - if you can't see the difference you are very lucky.

Houllier is a cancer.

Enough games to be 6th and threatning rather than 13th and threatened - simple really - if you can't see the difference you are very lucky.

"Foreveryoung" has just said that the players aren't good enough for GH's football. I think his comment is spot on.

I hope that we survive this season so that GH has time to buy the players he clearly needs in order to play his kind of football successfully.

Houllier is a cancer.

We were shit the back end of last season, pre season and the start of the season before Houllier came....So we were winners when?

Houllier is a cancer.

We were shit the back end of last season, pre season and the start of the season before Houllier came....So we were winners when?

Absolutely pointless to continue.

If you can't see the difference between last year and this you are blind.

And do you think we will beat Wolves because I don't. Wolves will come and park the bus at VP and try to catch us out at set pieces. I can almost see McCarthy drilling his players for those sort of chances.

OK sides can miss chances and we have missed plenty. The real problems we have are:

We are such a soft touch at set pieces that its untrue and every side in the PL knows that.

Equally we waste our set pieces and the chief culprit is Young. Woeful deliver from corners and his free kicks are just little short of laughable.

GH is licking his arse on a permanent basis to get him to stay by making him the captain and giving him the opportunity to do precisely what he wants on the pitch. He'll be off in the summer whatever happens. The only good thing is we will get a decent fee for him.

No I don't think we will beat Wolves. I have no faith in GH or his tactics. He blames everyone and everything but himself.

Â