• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Petrov (for Delph 77)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 83)

Anyone else think Darren Bent has been shit since the day he joined?

No.

He has scored goals and his movement creates so much space for other players. He missed some chances today but I'm sure he will score many more for us. Good forwards are the ones who know where to move and how to stretch a defence. He does these things very well. He can finish too, when he feels like it...

I can't be bothered to get into today. SImply not good enough. Houllier needs to seriously buck up his ideas. Young can piss off with taking all the set-pieces too.

Anyone else think Darren Bent has been shit since the day he joined?
No and you're a fool if you are. He's scored three already, and yeah he's missed some, but it's not as bad as Gabby or Heskey.

All been tap ins, i know he is here to score goals but it really is to the detriment of the team. He has an abysmal first touch, can't score from further than 2 yards and can't hold the ball up. Maybe i'm just pissed off about today but he really was awful.

Maybe you are. His link up play has been fine, if anything it's his one on ones that have been poor.

I just don't see where we can go from here. We created chances, we had the possession, we dominated for long parts of the game, yet we all still knew we had a great chance of throwing it away.

You'd say lessons will be learnt and we'll improve, but these are the same mistakes we've been making game after game after game.

It's all too easy to hide behind the "we played well, we were unlucky" aspect, but we've been "unlucky" how many times this season? You make your own look and the game should have been well beyond bolton in the first half.

Young is a liability, tries to be fancy when simple will do and just gives the ball away, he's forgotten how to hit a set piece, and he's far too selfish.

Still, at least we're blooding Spur's talent for them. They'll surely thank us when he's in their first team next season.

We could practice defending set-pieces. Maybe put someone on the post for corners.

Ok Ash missed the Pen but his out-field play was brilliant some of his balls to Bent were fabergas like.

And yet he gave the ball away countless times attempting stupid flicks when a simple pass would have sufficed. That's without going into his set pieces, did he actually take a set piece that wasn't ridiculously overhit?

Its not Houlliers fault that we missed so many chances!

But I do think he can take some of the blame with how many goals we have conceeded this season, because so many have been from set pieces and thats where he should have us set up properly.

Villa need to practice ,practice, practice corners in training to get this sorted! We dont look organised when defending a corner or cross.

Can't really blame Houllier for this result, the team selection was the best we had, we played very well for large parts of this game, yet our make shift young defense failed to deal with set pieces. The game should have been well beyond Bolton with the glaring misses and the penalty. Don't know how Wheater wasn't given a yellow for the pen. Bent really should have scored a hattrick, and I know that gets said a lot, but he really should have. Because we played so well yet lost, this is probably the most sickening result for me since Newcastle away. Bolton 1 dimensional against us, play for set pieces, they knew our weakness.

How are people saying you can't blame Houllier for the result when yet again we failed at the most basic defending of corners.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that the manager set up how teams defended set pieces, and ran the drills in training to get them all doing their jobs properly. So if that very simple task of defending a set piece CONSTANTLY fails, regardless of which players are on the pitch, then surely the problem is deeper than the players on the pitch? If all season we'd been defending corners like pros and rarely conceding then sure, blame the weakened back line. But when EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. we look dodgy as hell on set pieces then look to the manager as he's the one that's dictating how we defend them.

How are people saying you can't blame Houllier for the result when yet again we failed at the most basic defending of corners.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that the manager set up how teams defended set pieces, and ran the drills in training to get them all doing their jobs properly. So if that very simple task of defending a set piece CONSTANTLY fails, regardless of which players are on the pitch, then surely the problem is deeper than the players on the pitch? If all season we'd been defending corners like pros and rarely conceding then sure, blame the weakened back line. But when EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. we look dodgy as hell on set pieces then look to the manager as he's the one that's dictating how we defend them.

It was the same under KMac as well though, so maybe it is the players.

First of all, you play against a bigger team than ours. Sorry, Bolton Wanderers at the moment, and this is our challenge for the future, are above us.It would have been difficult. I knew they would put their best side out and their squad is better than ours, but look at the figures. Look at the players they have.I’m sorry, perhaps they should have warned the fans before, but it is not as if we were playing the youth team. There was risk; yes, we took a risk, but these are good players.

LOL. very good.

you write Houllier post-match speeches don't you :lol:

I would have applied for the job, but I'm unable t produce the diarrhea coming our of his mouth if I tried.

Oh.. I don't know about that

Â