Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He's doing fine defensively but his final ball is utterly dreadful. 

Against BHA last week it was particularly bad. Even crosses with bags of time go nowhere near the target man.

He'll do as a stop gap but I wish we still had De Laet in there.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's doing fine defensively

He is doing ok currently, he still makes terrible mistakes like against Smith heath when he gave away possession but they've not cost us.

He is doing okay ish at the moment but he isn't good defensively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Not very good on the ball, not very good using the ball, not very good going forward and not very good defensively.

I struggle to say anything positive about his game I really do.

At least he isn't Westwood?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I'd be tempted to play Bacuna ahead of Hutton especially in home games where we are expected to be on the front foot - certainly a right back is a must in January .

We will, when he's fit. I hope.

He's atrocious. Genuinely awful. He gets perpetually let off because he is seen to try hard, which is the least I expect from any professional footballer. He just isn't capable unfortunately but I suppose RDL was the intended first choice. RB is a real weak point for us with Hutton's inclusion. 

• Like 1

We are performing well lately and getting good results. Hutton is a part of this winning team. He isn't brilliant but like Westwood he cops so much flack. seems like even when we are winning someone needs to get a round of **** and dogs abuse, usually gabby, westwood or hutton. Whilst we are getting points and moving up the table why not just leave things be? Hutton has his flaws but he is nowhere near as bad as people make out. As a club under Lambert we treated him like shit and he never once caused a problem. I have never seen him not put a shift in, why all the negativity? This is the best run the club has been on for years and hutton, westwood and gabby are part of it. Steve Bruce trusts them to do a job and they are. End of story!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KHV said:

We are performing well lately and getting good results. Hutton is a part of this winning team. He isn't brilliant but like Westwood he cops so much flack. seems like even when we are winning someone needs to get a round of **** and dogs abuse, usually gabby, westwood or hutton. Whilst we are getting points and moving up the table why not just leave things be? Hutton has his flaws but he is nowhere near as bad as people make out. As a club under Lambert we treated him like shit and he never once caused a problem. I have never seen him not put a shift in, why all the negativity? This is the best run the club has been on for years and hutton, westwood and gabby are part of it. Steve Bruce trusts them to do a job and they are. End of story!

Some of us think we are getting results in spite of those players, not because of them. Good teams constantly assess their weaknesses, even when results are okay. That way any improvement is more likely to be sustained. It's not negative, simply the sensible thing to do. Hutton ,Westwood and Gabby, should, and probably will, be replaced over time with better players.I don't necessarily think Bruce "trusts" them. More a case of having few options other than to play them at the moment. January may change that. For now I hope they all play to their maximum ability, limited though that may be.In Bruce we trust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

There's some truth to what you say. I think defensively he's doing alright, and I agree that he works hard, has never badmouthed the club (even when he would have been perfectly justified in doing so) and as an individual, I actually quite like him. There was a period when he came back into the team after he was brought in from the cold when he was actually playing quite well. 

Unfortunately, he has stopped offering anything going forward, to the point that it seems to me to be majorly hampering our attacks down his side. I'm surprised by this - as a young player, he was known as an attacking full back and that was really his forte, but whether it's confidence or just that the game has moved on, he causes a lot of breakdowns in attack now. 

I have no problem with him staying as cover until the end of his contract and playing as injuries and suspensions require but we could do with a more dangerous right back in the second half of this season. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's some truth to what you say. I think defensively he's doing alright, and I agree that he works hard, has never badmouthed the club (even when he would have been perfectly justified in doing so) and as an individual, I actually quite like him. There was a period when he came back into the team after he was brought in from the cold when he was actually playing quite well. 

Unfortunately, he has stopped offering anything going forward, to the point that it seems to me to be majorly hampering our attacks down his side. I'm surprised by this - as a young player, he was known as an attacking full back and that was really his forte, but whether it's confidence or just that the game has moved on, he causes a lot of breakdowns in attack now. 

I have no problem with him staying as cover until the end of his contract and playing as injuries and suspensions require but we could do with a more dangerous right back in the second half of this season. 

Yeah I agree with that, I just don't get all of the worst player I have ever seen crap and that he needs to be dropped ASAP. He hasn't been awful in the slightest. For me he isn't an area of concern .Ayew and McCormacks performanes are more of a concern to me after all they are paid based on their attacking abilities and have been woefully short IMO

2 hours ago, KHV said:

you are missing the point!

Oh how I love that sentence.

I'm gonna use it in every post regardless if it fits or not.

I bruised my thumb hitting it with a hammer doing some home repairs the other day, it hurts like **** and had to put a plaster on it. However, I still cooked some pasta dispite the hinderance and pain.

Just like my cooking success was dispite the plaster, Villa's results are dispite Gaby, Westwood and Hutton.

7 hours ago, roonst83 said:

He's atrocious. Genuinely awful. He gets perpetually let off because he is seen to try hard, which is the least I expect from any professional footballer. He just isn't capable unfortunately but I suppose RDL was the intended first choice. RB is a real weak point for us with Hutton's inclusion. 

I don't think he gets "let off" AT ALL. I think it just gets pointed out that he tries hard and is a model pro, like Westwood.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

you are missing the point!

Oh how I love that sentence.

I'm gonna use it in every post regardless if it fits or not.

I bruised my thumb hitting it with a hammer doing some home repairs the other day, it hurts like **** and had to put a plaster on it. However, I still cooked some pasta dispite the hinderance and pain.

Just like my cooking success was dispite the plaster, Villa's results are dispite Gaby, Westwood and Hutton.

Let's be honest, it's not very hard to do pasta is it?

Had you said something like souffle or beef wellington which requires some effort I would have been impressed, but you really have let yourself down there with plain old pasta I'm afraid :P

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Eastie said:

I'd be tempted to play Bacuna ahead of Hutton especially in home games where we are expected to be on the front foot - certainly a right back is a must in January .

God, noooooooooooooooooo

Â