Alan Hutton

Rich_D

5 hours ago, KHV said:

Ask Boro and Leicester fans how they rate him, I have also seen him play for Boro and Leicester. He is worse than Hutton going forward and cannot defend. Another awful RDM signing.

Most Leicester fans I spoke to said he's decent at this level but found wanting in the top flight. 

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Regarding right backs. Alan Hutton has consistently demonstrated his professionalism during his time at VP.  I have no idea why Lambert treated him so badly, he wasn't a bad influence and has always put in a shift. He has his faults, but if the rest of the squad, many of them more talented, showed the same desire and put in a similar effort we would be much higher in this division, or even still in the Prem. Particularly in The Championship, work rate can get you much more than talent. Mr Grealish being a fine example. 

De Laet appears to be being written off by people after 2 games, which is as ridiculous as it is unfair. The opinions of a few fans from his former clubs gleaned online wouldn't generally be considered as doing proper due diligence. (Not a did at you KHV, we all do it!).

Bree is clearly rated as shown by the interest from Prem League clubs, but at 19 particularly as a defender he will need time and patience. Making him consistently number one choice wouldn't be fair on him or the team. 

So to sum up, we have two unknown quantities and one not without his faults, but a known quantity with a great attitude. So shall we ditch him and hope for the best? That's very much been the way over the last few windows and look how well that's gone for us. 

I have in laws that follow Leicester and I had seen deLaet in action live a few times before he was here. He was awful, they couldn't wait to get shot of him. It's all opinions but to me he looked much worse than Hutton has ever looked at right back. I was furious when we signed deLaet if you look back at his thread. We already had Hutton and Bacuna that could play where deLaet plays so his signings made no sense to me. We now have Bree also, I would put deLaet behind Bree, Hutton and Bacuna. If I'm honest I actually think Bruce will get rid of deLaet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I have in laws that follow Leicester and I had seen deLaet in action live a few times before he was here. He was awful, they couldn't wait to get shot of him. It's all opinions but to me he looked much worse than Hutton has ever looked at right back. I was furious when we signed deLaet if you look back at his thread. We already had Hutton and Bacuna that could play where deLaet plays so his signings made no sense to me. We now have Bree also, I would put deLaet behind Bree, Hutton and Bacuna. If I'm honest I actually think Bruce will get rid of deLaet.

Fair enough KHV it does seem you did more due diligence than I gave credit for and your conclusions don't seem particularly favourable to Mr DeLaet. I hope he's either better than your first impressions or we find another mug to take him off us!

On 3/4/2017 at 08:47, DaveAV1 said:

Regarding right backs. Alan Hutton has consistently demonstrated his professionalism during his time at VP.  I have no idea why Lambert treated him so badly, he wasn't a bad influence and has always put in a shift. He has his faults, but if the rest of the squad, many of them more talented, showed the same desire and put in a similar effort we would be much higher in this division, or even still in the Prem. Particularly in The Championship, work rate can get you much more than talent. Mr Grealish being a fine example. 

De Laet appears to be being written off by people after 2 games, which is as ridiculous as it is unfair. The opinions of a few fans from his former clubs gleaned online wouldn't generally be considered as doing proper due diligence. (Not a did at you KHV, we all do it!).

Bree is clearly rated as shown by the interest from Prem League clubs, but at 19 particularly as a defender he will need time and patience. Making him consistently number one choice wouldn't be fair on him or the team. 

So to sum up, we have two unknown quantities and one not without his faults, but a known quantity with a great attitude. So shall we ditch him and hope for the best? That's very much been the way over the last few windows and look how well that's gone for us. 

Im sure Lambert said he didnt have a problem with him.  The Bomb squad was a decree issued from above.

Hutton during this time never slagged the club off and instead of sitting on his arse looked for loan moves elsewhere to keep playing.  I dont mind him staying but hopefully Bree will develop into a much better player.

I like his effort and attitude although I'm surprised he has a new deal as we have bree and de laet for next season- guessing it was a clause in his contract and the club have to honour it as it was triggered on appearances.

2 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Im sure Lambert said he didnt have a problem with him.  The Bomb squad was a decree issued from above.

Hutton during this time never slagged the club off and instead of sitting on his arse looked for loan moves elsewhere to keep playing.  I dont mind him staying but hopefully Bree will develop into a much better player.

You're probably right, it maybe wasn't Lambert's decision, but he deserved better and has been a great pro. I echo your thoughts on Bree. 

I could not care less about him being injured, Bree is a genuine prospect and given we have absolutely nothing to play for, he should be starting every game so he can get valuable game time experience for us. 

Hutton is shit and a profound waste of wages, must get rid of him in the summer. Bree and De Laet will be enough in that position next season. 

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I could not care less about him being injured, Bree is a genuine prospect and given we have absolutely nothing to play for, he should be starting every game so he can get valuable game time experience for us. 

Hutton is shit and a profound waste of wages, must get rid of him in the summer. Bree and De Laet will be enough in that position next season. 

They can't get rid of him as he has triggered an extension on his contract .

Â