Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I wasn't able to watch the last game, and I'm glad he played well, but every time I've seen him he is terrible at passing- going forward it's usually just giving the ball away, and his crosses don't seem to make chances. I don't understand how someone with so much experience is reliably bad at passing. I do like the idea of coming forward that much, but, for him, he never gets back in position. It's all too common to see teams pass it over to their left side-in the final third-and there's no Villa defense within 15 yards because Hutton doesn't get back. The best thing I've seen him do this year is draw a free kick by dribbling up the middle so slowly that it made a defender's tackle look like a foul. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

I've changed my mind, let's give him a one year contract, as club mascot. 

I can picture him on the training pitch doing jumping jacks, and bombing down the sidelines during matches in the Lion suit now!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The ONLY reason he's looked good in recent weeks is because the rest of the team has been so bad, I don't think he's improved at all. He's always been a fully committed player who gives his all, limited in going forward but quite pacey and a good tackler - yet constantly finds himself out of position.

I actually don't mind him in the team while we are in the Championship, so another year is fine by me, but if we get promoted next year I don't want to see him anywhere near the team.

• Like 1

Tbh you can't question his commitment, I've never once seen him hide on the pitch, and we've endured a few terrible years. Cast-off by a former manager, he's forgot all that and just got on with it.

He came across really well in a Facebook feature the other day as well. Must say as well that our social media is brilliant lately. Giving some good insights and getting the players involved in the content.

• Like 1

He's been better last few games but really don't see the need. Didn't realise there was a clause, can we just ignore it or would Hutton get the PFA in?

Way I see it Bree and a returning De Laet with Bacuna covering is more than enough for RB next season.

Let's not forget De Laet will be on a good wage here coming from Leicester, he needs to play.

Only thing I can think of is we'll sell Amavi and have De Laet as an option for left back.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thejoker said:

Hutton has appeared in enough games to trigger an extension in his contact according to Steve Bruce

Ahhhh balls

If anything, this proves that Hutton's upturn in effort lately has been all about triggering this clause. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

Â