Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

We adopted a puppy (10 weeks old Mastiff/Shepherd X) who was adorable. So clever and dopey.

She just didn't take to my son (2 and a half years old). I suppose because he's always on the go and scared her a little. She kept snapping at his face when they were running around together, and although she was 10 weeks old she was already huge. Decided to take her back after 4 days so she could find a quieter home. She went pretty much the same day to a couple with a 10 year old which will suit her better tbh. At least the 10 year old will understand about space and boundaries.

Still sad. She was a beaut

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My 8 month old puppy died last night, birth defect no one had spotted, my missus is in bits :( 

Oh no, that is horrible news :( So sorry to hear that mate. 

Edited by Xela

I got in from work at 5 spent an hour playing with her, the missus got in at 6 took her for a walk, she went really quiet after, bout 8 she started moaning, 9 I'm at the vets cos she's breathing weird, kept her in over night in an incubator, got the phone call this morning she had a hole in her diaphragm and her stomach had pushed up and squashed her lungs

i think I'm still in shock to be honest

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I got in from work at 5 spent an hour playing with her, the missus got in at 6 took her for a walk, she went really quiet after, bout 8 she started moaning, 9 I'm at the vets cos she's breathing weird, kept her in over night in an incubator, got the phone call this morning she had a hole in her diaphragm and her stomach had pushed up and squashed her lungs

That is tragic mate but nothing you could have done and not something you could have picked up on earlier.

I am sure you gave her a great 8 months though and she was really loved.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great story dude ! I absolutely love BCs and if my lifestyle allowed I would be first in the queue for one but I live alone and am a shift worker :(

That and a springer spaniel would keep you on your toes :D

Keep the pics coming; updates on how you're getting on etc, cheers !

• Like 1

Have you guys seen the trailer for A Dogs Purpose? Wife and I had a few tears when this came on at the cinema earlier. Don't think I could handle the actual film! I think the UK release for this is April. 

Dogs really are Mans best friend. Can't wait until we get our puppy :) 

Edited by Tayls

12 hours ago, Tayls said:

Have you guys seen the trailer for A Dogs Purpose? Wife and I had a few tears when this came on at the cinema earlier. Don't think I could handle the actual film! I think the UK release for this is April. 

Dogs really are Mans best friend. Can't wait until we get our puppy :) 

I liked the look of it but there have been several reports of mistreatment of the dogs throughout filming (have a google) which has put me off going to see it to be honest. 

Whats pup are you getting? Highly recommend the happy puppy handbook to read before you get him, really helped assure us when we werent quite sure how to handle something. 

The American Humane Association, which monitors animals on movie sets and had a representative present during filming, said on Tuesday that the video was “misleading and edited.” Production was stopped after Hercules showed signs of stress, and he was not forced to swim, it said.

Several of the association’s findings were echoed by Gavin Polone, the film’s producer, in a column in The Hollywood Reporter, and by Birds and Animals Unlimited on its website. Mr. Polone said he was not present for the scene but had watched unedited footage of the day’s filming.

Mr. Polone, a vegan who said his will was set up to donate all of his money to animal charities when he dies, said Hercules was eager to swim during rehearsal, at one point “desperate to jump in.” The dog had to be held back by a trainer so he wouldn’t go in too soon, he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/arts/a-dogs-purpose-abuse-video-scandal.html?_r=0 

who knows what exactly happened, but it doesn't seem too bad, may have been an incident handled poorly, but doesn't seem enough to suggest or imply there was routine mis-treatment of animals during the film. 

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/arts/a-dogs-purpose-abuse-video-scandal.html?_r=0 

who knows what exactly happened, but it doesn't seem too bad, may have been an incident handled poorly, but doesn't seem enough to suggest or imply there was routine mis-treatment of animals during the film. 

Fair enough, I just caught the original reports to be fair. 

On 1/14/2017 at 16:30, villa4europe said:

What caused that?

Â