Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

52 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just been out with the dogs and some arsehole kicked my dog away when she went up to him whilst he was sitting down on the embankment. Wasn’t hard I’ll admit , but still …

With what’s recently been in the news (ie XL Bully attacks etc) it’s most likely heightened people’s anxiety/fear perhaps? I personally wouldn’t kick a dog, but I don’t personally like a strangers dog jumping up me or my children.

I just don’t know the dog and what’s it’s intentions are? It can be intimidating, especially if the dog is big and aggressive looking. I would be mortified if a strangers dog bit one of my kids.

Certainly not defending someone kicking your dog though, but just trying to provide some rationale and maybe people are a little anxious right now?

12 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

With what’s recently been in the news (ie XL Bully attacks etc) it’s most likely heightened people’s anxiety/fear perhaps? I personally wouldn’t kick a dog, but I don’t personally like a strangers dog jumping up me or my children.

I just don’t know the dog and what’s it’s intentions are? It can be intimidating, especially if the dog is big and aggressive looking. I would be mortified if a strangers dog bit one of my kids.

Certainly not defending someone kicking your dog though, but just trying to provide some rationale and maybe people are a little anxious right now?

Yeah I’ve taken that into account, and although I pulled him up for it I did it calmly. She’s a little French bulldog so doubt he’d have been scared his reasoning was he didn’t want her to eat his phone or book .  It’s just the way he did it without even acknowledging I was there, but I guess some people don’t like dogs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah I’ve taken that into account, and although I pulled him up for it I did it calmly. She’s a little French bulldog so doubt he’d have been scared his reasoning was he didn’t want her to eat his phone or book .  It’s just the way he did it without even acknowledging I was there, but I guess some people don’t like dogs. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people around that aren’t the most pleasant and their behaviour can be baffling and annoying in equal measure.  You could be right, probably not a dog person or just an arse? 

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't take size or breed into account with regards to fear of dogs.

I've seen 6 foot tall, 15 stone men hiding and running away from King Charles Cavalier Spaniels.

If you're scared of dogs, then you're scared of dogs.

I'm not defending someone kicking a dog as they shouldn't do that, but at the same time they perhaps shouldn't have to have a dog at their feet?

Imagine if you were sat on a bench and suddenly the thing you're scared off was at your feet.

My mum is terrified of spiders. If she saw one on her foot she'd no doubt try and instinctively kick it off.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't take size or breed into account with regards to fear of dogs.

I've seen 6 foot tall, 15 stone men hiding and running away from King Charles Cavalier Spaniels.

If you're scared of dogs, then you're scared of dogs.

I'm not defending someone kicking a dog as they shouldn't do that, but at the same time they perhaps shouldn't have to have a dog at their feet?

Imagine if you were sat on a bench and suddenly the thing you're scared off was at your feet.

My mum is terrified of spiders. If she saw one on her foot she'd no doubt try and instinctively kick it off.

Yeah I get that mate , some may say I should have had my dogs on lead although it was on a big field . 

• Like 1

Â