Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

44 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Don't know mate, sorta adult size. Clearly their yapping has been allowed to happen throughout time to the point it's normal. I'm seeing that from Amsterdam Neil's post, whilst these guys are nice innocent people, I'm seeing it now.... It's not the breed at all, it's the training / behaviour. And the fact as a trio they just are civilised and domesticated but paradoxically feral in terms of audio.

not used to pets at all, 38 and I've only ever had one pet and that was primary school hamster that I was allowed to take home over summer holiday (until he met with an accident), not the expert, especially on other people's pets. But yeah the problem is with the people not the dogs, a few hours passed and being back in Gloucester (no yapping yorkies) what a difference  

otherwise the fumes off the shit I've been DIYing with for two days is seeing things in your post  

the first line is a silent voice, "how old are the dogs" you ask, but what I'm hearing is:

how old are the dogs (because if they're old, you could pack some sausage meat with a "super duper dose" of rat poison and give them a nice goodbye banquet when the biddy is watching Flog It, and worry about the scrutiny of coincidence of three simultaneous dog deaths another time, after all, as Shaggy say, quite simply, it wazzun me, so who even cares about the aftermath and well, comparatively, the odds of them all kicking the bucket at once are less, and more believable, than the WTC buildings 1 2 and 7 all coming down like the official story says, so do it Tom, they sure do look hungry, that's why they're barking, give them the happy food).

i get you, thanks Xela but I'll save that as a last resort, you know, you can be a cruel bugger my son 

I've just spent the last 20 mins looking at sonic dog repellers online! Jury seems to be out to whether they would be effective in your battle vs the terrier triumvirate and their selfish owners. 

I think the only option is to go in hard and speak to them and say the noise your dogs are making is unacceptable and unless something is done I will be reporting it. Least it gives them a chance to do something first (although judging by what you are saying, that is unlikely to happen).

Otherwise some clandestine canine voicebox surgery may be in order! 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've just spent the last 20 mins looking at sonic dog repellers online! Jury seems to be out to whether they would be effective in your battle vs the terrier triumvirate and their selfish owners. 

I think the only option is to go in hard and speak to them and say the noise your dogs are making is unacceptable and unless something is done I will be reporting it. Least it gives them a chance to do something first (although judging by what you are saying, that is unlikely to happen).

Otherwise some clandestine canine voicebox surgery may be in order! 

We need to get out more. I've spent about the same discovering Victor Electronic mousetrap and love it. Ordered three (old house, mice in loft poss under floorboards ) but you're not as sad as me mate because you didn't watch the YouTube vids. Although the mouse one I find funny, buzzzzz. But yeah I was looking at dog repellers at about 3am online and dog whistles but I'd have to set the, up discreetly closer to their place few yards and a road between. 

Agreed though time to get tough before I move in. Odd, that I had two viewings, further attended for two surveys and can't remember any dog noise to that level , maybe rose tinted earplugs I had in at those times. 

I don't want to appear all Stockholm / Helsinki syndrome defending these guys but they're the nicest people you could meet and having tried to get through to them already they just don't get it, not deliberately ignoring me, they just don't get it. And the daughter, I've tried her seperate,y too it's gonna be like telling Ned Flanders that God doesn't exist, weird analogy but makes sense to ,e anyway 

surgery is one of my skills alas tempting for these cretins, I've seen the error of my ways. They're living the lives bound to them by their upbringing, not their fault, owners fault, alas I might think differently when back next and decide to open them up, I'd put in a squeaky dog toy Valve. I would never get annoyed by that. In fact I'd need catheter as pissing myself of laughter would be continual. Ah fk it

weird though to think, they can sleep,through three dogs yapping downstairs or in their run by their window , me down the road I was sat shaking like a shitting dog having a mental health episode in the early hours like audible Chinese water torture. Some people

• Like 1

@Midfielder Oh boy have I been there with dogs.  Or in my case dog.  You say you're only STARTING to get a twitch in your eye.  I know exactly what you mean.  You will go angry mental.  Even when they're not barking, you'll be pre-occupied waiting for them to start.  So for you it'll never end.  And then when it starts back up you get angrier each time, because 'I knew that would happen'.  And I love dogs.

I contemplated chucking some macadamia nuts over their wall but I couldn't bring myself to do it, because in my scenario it wasn't the dog's fault.  He was left on a leash in the backyard with nothing to do but bark.

In the end I moved house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

@Midfielder Oh boy have I been there with dogs.  Or in my case dog.  You say you're only STARTING to get a twitch in your eye.  I know exactly what you mean.  You will go angry mental.  Even when they're not barking, you'll be pre-occupied waiting for them to start.  So for you it'll never end.  And then when it starts back up you get angrier each time, because 'I knew that would happen'.  And I love dogs.

I contemplated chucking some macadamia nuts over their wall but I couldn't bring myself to do it, because in my scenario it wasn't the dog's fault.  He was left on a leash in the backyard with nothing to do but bark.

In the end I moved house.

What you say there, About the waiting for it to happen. Ok this will sound weird. But it like pre occupied me I mean I knew they were barking but it got to the point where if they were it was like they were on volume level 4/10 which is still piss take volume, but what I was hearing was volume 10/10. And I'd be thinking whoa wait, have they stopped and no they're still going. I even kept getting up to check as in Jesus they're still going. Heart rate was definitely up was sat there thinking what do I do what can I do. Nowt! 

Yeah I like dogs but it's such an annoying noise that ruff ruff ruff. I'd rather listen to cliff Richard on repeat than that. 

You moved, I'm on verge of moving there fella! Yeah I def was getting angry. It kinda manifests as you know what you want to do, end the noise... but you can't... because we can't fully control it. So just festers. Me I was knackered that day Worked me backside off redecorating. Knees back everything aching. You know the point where you could fall asleep for hours and I couldn't as I was just hearing ruff ruff ruff ruff repeat repeat repeat. Even thought at times . Can anyone else actually hear this? Is this normal. Tried sleeping with earphones in everything. So yeah deffo the eye twitch is prob gonna worsen if I can't get through to those guys that it ain't normal to have three dogs just bark non stop. Dogs are way past point of return but their daughter seemed normal or seemed to be. So they must have some grasp on bringing something up

but yeah mate hopefully this turns out ok. Went through a lot of hoops to get this little tiny modest house in nice place and my luck to have some crap like this. 

glad you escaped that pal. It sounds minimal but affects so much. Going back on Friday and to be honest half dreading it in case my mission with the family fails and have to go down some council route as that'll take an eternity. Ah well. 

@Midfielder I did actually move house, but obviously not because of the dog.  I just wrote it like that for comedic effect :)  You will lose your reason though.  Especially if it's getting in the way of your sleep.  There are noise pollution laws for a reason. At least in my case the dog was brought inside at night.  He basically spent every daylight hour outside.  Some days I was more tolerant of it than others because of mood, tiredness etc.  I think the only avenues open to you will be a proper sit down with the neighbour where you let them know it's affecting important things like your sleep (which will resonate far more than 'it's annoying in the evenings'), or failing that it'll have to be the council.  If the dogs are as bad as you say, then if it's anything like over here, they'll come out to the property with noise detectors and make their own judgement.  Over here, anything that's consistently between 22:00 & 08:00 is deemed anti-social.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 12:36, BOF said:

@Midfielder I did actually move house, but obviously not because of the dog.  I just wrote it like that for comedic effect :)  You will lose your reason though.  Especially if it's getting in the way of your sleep.  There are noise pollution laws for a reason. At least in my case the dog was brought inside at night.  He basically spent every daylight hour outside.  Some days I was more tolerant of it than others because of mood, tiredness etc.  I think the only avenues open to you will be a proper sit down with the neighbour where you let them know it's affecting important things like your sleep (which will resonate far more than 'it's annoying in the evenings'), or failing that it'll have to be the council.  If the dogs are as bad as you say, then if it's anything like over here, they'll come out to the property with noise detectors and make their own judgement.  Over here, anything that's consistently between 22:00 & 08:00 is deemed anti-social.

cheers fella. im there tomorrow to do some stuff. if it persists and the owners dont satisfactorily curb their dogs, and it did come to the council coming out, the beauty is , if you could call it that, that a car even driving past sends them further into yapmania. so if they ever do come out, their decibelmeters will record more than enough. thanks bud.

W t f. Right. I'm not exactly looking to hijack the thread about dogs but this is dogs related. Right so basically as said in my rant, I'm (trying) to do up a fixer-upper to get it borderline ready to live in ready for when me rent agreement expires. Right. So, I usually come, do stuff and shoot off. Like last time I ranted, I'm staying over to carry on stuff tomorrow. Right. 

I'm ready to conk out , it's 1030. All the neighbours lights off they're asleep. I'm gonna have a word first thing tomorrow rather than blast them out of bed but Jesus Christ it apparently is normal to leave your yappy dogs out all night non stop yapping here. Stupid owners is one thing but the relentless non stop yapping from these dogs is unbelievable. What absolute dumbasses they are. Any other dog would tire of it and get some kip or just do anything but yap. Ah well. 

Pretty much second night ever sleeping here. Chilly, so windows closed but damn can still hear them. This ain't right. Nice people just entirely fu----g stupid. And their dogs, even stupider. We get cars drive past and it sends them even more feral. It's a car you f----- gimp! It's not a new noise you've heard that noise hundreds of times today why go so crazy at it's passing! 

Theyve probably never been challenged over it but damn, some people. 

It's the Yorkshire Terriers more than the Jack Russell but non stop ruff ruff ruff, Jesus Christ. 

I officially, one hundred per cent cite Yorkies as my sworn enemies from this point forward. I dunno on a league table of dog intelligence they are, but if I was to hazard a guess I'd bet they'd be right down in the relegation zone. Absolutely as thick as pig shit they are. 

We have species of tigers and elephants or whatever facing extinction but these scumbags nooooooo they're rife, people, we need to halt this gene pool immediately. Please! 

Edit, I won't keep adding diary updates to this nonsense just wanted to therapeutically rant about these gits. And quite definitely discourage VT'ers from ever picking this breed! Good day!

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Midfielder said:

W t f. Right. I'm not exactly looking to hijack the thread about dogs but this is dogs related. Right so basically as said in my rant, I'm (trying) to do up a fixer-upper to get it borderline ready to live in ready for when me rent agreement expires. Right. So, I usually come, do stuff and shoot off. Like last time I ranted, I'm staying over to carry on stuff tomorrow. Right. 

I'm ready to conk out , it's 1030. All the neighbours lights off they're asleep. I'm gonna have a word first thing tomorrow rather than blast them out of bed but Jesus Christ it apparently is normal to leave your yappy dogs out all night non stop yapping here. Stupid owners is one thing but the relentless non stop yapping from these dogs is unbelievable. What absolute dumbasses they are. Any other dog would tire of it and get some kip or just do anything but yap. Ah well. 

Pretty much second night ever sleeping here. Chilly, so windows closed but damn can still hear them. This ain't right. Nice people just entirely fu----g stupid. And their dogs, even stupider. We get cars drive past and it sends them even more feral. It's a car you f----- gimp! It's not a new noise you've heard that noise hundreds of times today why go so crazy at it's passing! 

Theyve probably never been challenged over it but damn, some people. 

It's the Yorkshire Terriers more than the Jack Russell but non stop ruff ruff ruff, Jesus Christ. 

I officially, one hundred per cent cite Yorkies as my sworn enemies from this point forward. I dunno on a league table of dog intelligence they are, but if I was to hazard a guess I'd bet they'd be right down in the relegation zone. Absolutely as thick as pig shit they are. 

We have species of tigers and elephants or whatever facing extinction but these scumbags nooooooo they're rife, people, we need to halt this gene pool immediately. Please! 

Edit, I won't keep adding diary updates to this nonsense just wanted to therapeutically rant about these gits. And quite definitely discourage VT'ers from ever picking this breed! Good day!

Blame the owners not the dogs. Some people leave their dogs to sleep outside which is fair enough providing the dog is trained in knowing that that's his or hers place at night. If the dogs are yapping at night it means they are not trained and don't want to be outside. I'm sure if they took them inside the yapping would stop.

• Like 1

Went over earlier broke the ice and went straight into it, nice ish but to the point and serious. Felt like a bastard as while I was there some relative had turned up to show off their baby.

Never mind. I don't think they realised it was a problem or just rode on til someone said something. But they did admit "they've tried everything". Well, nice as they may be, let's see how they try getting out of a noise abatement order that no doubt will take about ten years to get. 

Right popular me, I have the one neighbours cut their beloved trees prior to moving in and now these guys a threat of council grassing re: dogs. Fk it. Happy Sunday VT

ill post back here next hopefully with some council order in place. We'll prob be in the Champions League before that happens. 

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Blame the owners not the dogs. Some people leave their dogs to sleep outside which is fair enough providing the dog is trained in knowing that that's his or hers place at night. If the dogs are yapping at night it means they are not trained and don't want to be outside. I'm sure if they took them inside the yapping would stop.

Yeah agreed Ruge. I think these are past it think it was Neil up a few who said almost like a window of time in which any dog needs to have been trained in "to get it" but since these dogs don't get it, yeah deffo the owners. Nice but clueless. Ah well. Fk em. Midfielder, out .

You are creating more aggro to the local community than when 'lottery lout' Micky Carroll built a stock car racing track in the back garden of his luxurious Norfolk retreat!

Seriously though mate, I find it amazing that the owners manage to sleep through the constant yapping. Do they sleep in a sound proof cocoon?!

3 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Went over earlier broke the ice and went straight into it, nice ish but to the point and serious. Felt like a bastard as while I was there some relative had turned up to show off their baby.

Never mind. I don't think they realised it was a problem or just rode on til someone said something. But they did admit "they've tried everything". Well, nice as they may be, let's see how they try getting out of a noise abatement order that no doubt will take about ten years to get. 

Right popular me, I have the one neighbours cut their beloved trees prior to moving in and now these guys a threat of council grassing re: dogs. Fk it. Happy Sunday VT

ill post back here next hopefully with some council order in place. We'll prob be in the Champions League before that happens. 

Do you want to lend my dogo? He's an illegal immigrant as such and we keep him locked in our shed for other people's safety and come to think of it our safety. He normally tackles wild boar so I think he might be just about ok with that lot over the road from you.

3 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Yeah agreed Ruge. I think these are past it think it was Neil up a few who said almost like a window of time in which any dog needs to have been trained in "to get it" but since these dogs don't get it, yeah deffo the owners. Nice but clueless. Ah well. Fk em. Midfielder, out .

Give Neil my regards and let him know the photos will be with him very soon.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

You are creating more aggro to the local community than when 'lottery lout' Micky Carroll built a stock car racing track in the back garden of his luxurious Norfolk retreat!

Seriously though mate, I find it amazing that the owners manage to sleep through the constant yapping. Do they sleep in a sound proof cocoon?!

Probably up all night themselves on the meth.

Cheers Ruge I'll be phoning council tomorrow starting the process. Shame this is on the dogs thread really but there's the flip side of Bad ownership. 

Luckily they're actually silent right now and seem to play up at night. Which is good because I've got no mood for that shit nor have I a fridge here and had to drink all the Amstel I bought with me before it got warm so I'm out in garden slightly wrecked half naked using a five quid from the garage deck chair and a workmate workbench as a makeshift sun lounger and loving life. Fat cigars and a tub of barbecue Pringles for lunch. The life. Fk the plastering. No sunscreen and know full well when I wake up I'm gonna have to explain lobster colour face tomorrow and don't care one bit. "Laters peeps"

• Like 2

Â