Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun isn't good enough for the PL in my opinion.

I'm still shocked people say this.. you'd think he has been here a full season playing each game that people have formed this opinion. Dzeko is just one example where i'm sure people said the same thing.

He will not under this current team though as nobody can pass the ball forward currently in midfield (infact we'd be lucky to string a couple of passes in midfield let alone pass forward) so I don't blame him for wanting to move on if that's the case.

Having watched all of Makoun's first team games for Villa, i still can't form an opinion about whether he is suited to the premier league. I couldn't question his ability, it's a question of whether he suits English football.

Having said that I would've liked to seen him have a run in the team this season having had the benefit of a full pre season before writing him off or otherwise.

He can get forward and score goals...he scored goals for Lyon in the champions league including against Real Madrid.

He can score goals I suppose just not vey often. In 258 senior club appearances he has scored 18 goals so a goal every 14 and half games. For Cameroon he has scored 3 goals in 54 games. He did indeed score goals in the Champions Legue for Lyon - 3 of them including one against Madrid.

I'm not sure how you'd class him as a player. Think Houllier said he can play as a defensive midfielder or box to box.

The biggest issue with him for me is that he is too easily bullied off the ball. You get stuck in to him and he goes missing. Karl Henry made him look a right clown when we played Wolves last season.

For whatever reason I would doubt he'll kick a ball for us again or any other team in the Premiership. The best we can hope for is to recoup a couple of mill back of the 6 mill we reportedly forked out for him Makoun 6mill

• 1 month later...
Assume we've seen the last of Makoun

Did he even get a game under McLeish?

I suspect we may well have done?

AM has Ireland and Bannan who are similar players on his bench watching the likes of Heskey, Clark and Hutton play in midfield! Why would he want another expensive player picking up splinters?

At least Olympiakos must be paying some of his wages? Maybe they will want to buy him at the end of the loan?

It was clear when AM opted for an on loan Jenas over Makoun that he wasn't the type of player suited to AM's style (if you could call it that). Which is a shame, I think he would have been valued very highly by a Martinez/Lambert type manager.

Which is a shame, I think he would have been valued very highly by a Martinez/Lambert type manager.

off topic but i dont know where this idea that Norwich play good football comes from. They are pretty similar to MON type game from what i have saw and credit to the it works

J2M was definitely Houllier's man and I always got the impression he only agreed to join us because Houllier was here. Consequently I think a lot of his desire to play for us left with Houllier. Not quite to the point where he would refuse, but I think the next man had his work cut out to motivate him fully. He had his ups and down in a Villa shirt but I think he would be a square peg in a round hole if he was to come back now. He's not an Ireland or a Bannan, he's a deeper lying player than that and he's far more suited to a team with a passing style. We're not that. It's just not a good fit. Much like Berson was when he was here. Two good players we just couldn't utilise properly.

Â