Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He'd be the first midfielder on my team sheet if he was still here. God how I wish we had him, someone comfortable on the ball, comfortable with one touch pass and move, rather than the sterile back passing crap we've got in there at the moment

Only 7/8 games played for us, two man of the match awards, then injured and off back home due to family tragedy. And we've wrote him off

You couldn't make that up if you tried

Put him Bannan and Ireland together and you might see some sort of telepathic understanding and proper on the deck midfield football

Sadly, we'd have no defensive cover in there to make it work

I thought he was a bit lightweight, but technically he was very astute and I always thought he looked capable of creating chances. Never quite got why people who wanted changes did'nt warm to him.

I think the link-up between Makoun, Ireland and N'Zogbia could be potentially very exciting.

I didn't see the United game, but the games I did see (most of them), largely passed him by. His simple passing style was elegant, I'm all for that. But unfortunately his games were also anonymous, his invisibility only punctuated by the odd mistimed tackle or failure to track his man.

He was rightly dropped by G Mac, the midfield looked better, and our form improved. I would have kept him here and given him more time, but I wouldn't say I was impressed. Why is he not playing regularly for Olympiakos?

As I remember it.

He got a 1 match ban and came back into the side after serving it. However Makoun was increasingly turning into a passenger and I'm afraid to say a liability. Houllier refused to drop his signing, despite lacklustre displays. Thankfully GMac had no problem bringing NRC in and our form improved thanks to some much more solid CM performances.

I didn't see the United game, but the games I did see (most of them), largely passed him by. His simple passing style was elegant, I'm all for that. But unfortunately his games were also anonymous, his invisibility only punctuated by the odd mistimed tackle or failure to track his man.

He was rightly dropped by G Mac, the midfield looked better, and our form improved. I would have kept him here and given him more time, but I wouldn't say I was impressed. Why is he not playing regularly for Olympiakos?

He was playing regularly for them but then he got an injury!

In that case.

Letting Makoun go out on loan to replace him with Jenas HAS to be one of the worst footballing decisions i have ever witnessed.

Not really, Jenas would at least have made the team on a regular basis if fit. Makoun probably wouldn't have made it off the bench very often. Simply not up to the Premier League.

Jenas was still a poor decision but he at least stood a chance of making the pitch.

And Makoun has been injured anyways.

Not really, Jenas would at least have made the team on a regular basis if fit. Makoun probably wouldn't have made it off the bench very often. Simply not up to the Premier League.

Jenas was still a poor decision but he at least stood a chance of making the pitch

dont agree. jenas has been poor and injury prone for years. definitely would have kept makoun ahead of jenas. i agree one of thw worst footballing decisions i have ever witnessed

ok he is injured but how do we know he would ahve picked up this injury playing for us?

Still baffles me how people don't see how good makoun is. Its always the same argument on here.

- He was amazing in his two man of the match performances against Manure / Fulham etc

- Yeah but I didnt see those games, in the games I did see he wasnt very good

Obviously if you've missed his best games, that is going to cloud your judgement!

As I remember it.

He got a 1 match ban and came back into the side after serving it. However Makoun was increasingly turning into a passenger and I'm afraid to say a liability. Houllier refused to drop his signing, despite lacklustre displays. Thankfully GMac had no problem bringing NRC in and our form improved thanks to some much more solid CM performances.

Nah, he got a straight red and a 3 game ban from the Blackpool away sending off

Towards the end of the season he was out for a few weeks with a dead leg, and missed the final game against Liverpool due to being given compassionate leave as some of his family were in a car crash back in Cameroon

probably one of only players we have that could have been on Ireland wavelength

exactly. the only two players who really exited me before the season after Ash and Downing left.

but the argument on here is funny, 'he was crap for 6 or 7 games (which is debatable at best, considering 2 of those were MOTM performances), therefore he would never have adjusted to the premier league and is just shit overall.'

i seem to remember signing a player for almost 10M this summer, who has yet to settle properly, but most of us are still willing to give him a chance to do so. yet we're not willing to accept that a player who signed from France needs more than 7 or 8 games to properly settle and adjust to the premier league.

Â