Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He is still the best CM we have on our books.

The fact that he now plays for somebody else tells ypou everything you need to know about whats wrong with the Villa. Poor, poor descisions made at every turn

Based on what???

Hes better than Petrov, better than Clarke, better than Herd, better than Ireland. Who else is there? Oh yeah...Jenas, but that one goes without saying really.

Thats an opinion, not a fact. Its not based on any evidence I can see...

I think it was pretty obvious watching him play in our team that he had a much better football brain that the rest of the players around him. He was probably too good. He was spotting gaps that we should have been exploiting but our other guys just didn't spot them, he was trying quick passing movements to create space but the other guys just slowed the pace down.

He looked shit in most games because of the players around us not being on his level.

Just like it's too early to say he's shit, it's also too early to say he's the best midfielder at the club. 8 or so games just isn't enough. Though he has shown some very promising glimpses of his ability, and I hope he comes back next season and delivers.

The fact that he now plays for somebody else tells ypou everything you need to know about whats wrong with the Villa. Poor, poor descisions made at every turn

Based on what???

Hes better than Petrov, better than Clarke, better than Herd, better than Ireland. Who else is there? Oh yeah...Jenas, but that one goes without saying really.

Thats an opinion, not a fact. Its not based on any evidence I can see...

Yeah, its an opinion. You didnt ask for any 'evidence', just what it was based on. Which, funnily enough, happened to be my opinion.

Care to provide me some 'evidence' that disproves my opinion?

I think he's a prime reason why people shouldn't rave about foreigners coming to Villa as he was an epic failure and a waste of money.

Everyone rave's about foreigners half the time i think it's just the name and people go nuts for it

Admittedly in areas like Spain you have good players and parts of South America the odd gem is revealed.

However i don't think our scouts actually go very far out of VP so we can forget that.

Good god under MON the scouts merely got paid to sit on there fat asses i actually cant remember the last i heard the scouts were out and about.

Epic failure? I can name some regular first teamers who have been epic failures. Makoun's hardly featured in the first team, he had 2 or 3 very good games, got a red card, had a couple of poor games, struggled to get in the team whilst McAllistar in charge, Houllier retired, Eck came in and said off you go. Not exactly been an epic failure, just not really given a chance.

Based on what???

FIFA 12, latest update :D

He's been on-loan all season in a pretty average league, and from what I can tell has played about 15 games all up. He is a regular bench warmer. That surely tells you something too.

Petrov is twice the player Makoun will ever be.

He's been on-loan all season in a pretty average league, and from what I can tell has played about 15 games all up. He is a regular bench warmer. That surely tells you something too.

Im sure this has been mentioned about oooh 100 times already but hes been injured.

Do keep up.

Im sure this has been mentioned about oooh 100 times already but hes been injured.

Do keep up.

He's injured again? I though that was early in the the season. I checked 4 fixtures for Olympiakos in February - he was on the bench for three of them.

If you'll indulge me a spot of devil's advocate, throughout his career Makoun has been a decent performer for Lille and Lyon, both domestically and in 4 out of the 6 Champion's League campaigns he's played in. There is an arguable case for him being (or at least having been at some point in his career) a comparable (if not better) player than Petrov. There are couple of caveats attached to that though, namely:

•that doesn't mean he'd be a better player for us than Petrov

•that's not to say he did enough in his brief playing time here to judge either way

Id like to see Ireland in the same team as Makoun but i certainly wouldnt have him in there instead of him. A midfield of Makoun Ireland and Gardner could work well IMO. Makoun sitting deep, Gardner as box to box and Ireland in an attacking role. Sounds good to me.

I'm not sure I'd have Makoun sitting deep as he seemed pretty poor at the defensive side of the game so wouldn't be suited to a defensive deep lying role. While his passing though accurate was all very short range which again doesn't really lend itself to the deep lying role unless the player has other attributes such as defensive capability ie Makelele.

I'm not sure I'd have Makoun sitting deep as he seemed pretty poor at the defensive side of the game so wouldn't be suited to a defensive deep lying role. While his passing though accurate was all very short range which again doesn't really lend itself to the deep lying role unless the player has other attributes such as defensive capability ie Makelele.
In this respect similar to Scholes, can't tackle but keeps the ball moving around with short sharp passes

In this respect similar to Scholes, can't tackle but keeps the ball moving around with short sharp passes

I saw nothing in Makoun that made me even remotely consider even the most passing similarity to Paul Scholes.

Paul Scholes is capable or certainly was capable of dominating entire games and had a fantastic range of passing combined with the ability to score goals at a rate few midfielders could rival.

Makoun isn't even remotely similar to him even if he does make lots of short passes.

Makoun was best at Lyon in an attacking role. He scored a couple of times against Real Madrid from memory.

I think over time a midfield trio of Petrov, Makoun and Ireland would've been decent.

??????

Makouns role at Lyon was sitting infront of the back 4 as he had Gourcouff and another midfielder infront of him.

He played the Makelele role at Lyon. Those goals against Madrid were about the only gols he did get for Lyon. He is not an attacking midfielder in the slightest

Â