Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Cant belive you just said this:

Lets get one thing clear, the ability to pass a ball 3 yards sideways to feet is not difficult

Followed by this:

I cannot remember Makoun threading too many through balls to the strikers or suddenly switching the play (as Stan can)

Gobsmacked.

You do realise that Petrov invented the 3 yard sideways pass???

Makoun was probably the sole provider of through balls to the strikers, sure, some of them were intercepted but his vision and first time passing were far better than any player we've recently had! Bent and gabby looked much more lively when Makoun actually gave them passes they could run onto...

The context should be surely what those passes achieved? Its quality not quantity.

I take it you didnt see the Man U game then?

What I am suggesting is that Milner’s passes achieved alot more in his three seasons at Villa, then Makoun’s contributions in that game and all of the others.

Makoun is becoming a player who is better than the reality of what he was. Its called absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am sure we will have a few people who will say “If Djemba Djemba had a run of games.” “If Berson had a run of games” “If Standing had a run of games” “If Boulding had a run of games”....

But you are comparing an experienced champions league and international player to players who achieved next to nothing...

Gobsmacked.

You do realise that Petrov invented the 3 yard sideways pass???

Gobsmacked.

As this season shows, you do realise that's how he was supposed to play, it's what his job was.

Players who've played that role have always faced criticism from supporters, whether it be Ray Wilkins for England & Man Utd down to George Boateng for us. It is what they were paid to do, it's their job.

The context should be surely what those passes achieved? Its quality not quantity.

I take it you didnt see the Man U game then?

What I am suggesting is that Milner’s passes achieved alot more in his three seasons at Villa, then Makoun’s contributions in that game and all of the others.

Makoun is becoming a player who is better than the reality of what he was. Its called absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am sure we will have a few people who will say “If Djemba Djemba had a run of games.” “If Berson had a run of games” “If Standing had a run of games” “If Boulding had a run of games”....

But you are comparing an experienced champions league and international player to players who achieved next to nothing...

Its tongue in cheek. The jury is out on Makoun, but from what I ve seen he’s not right for Aston Villa. I would love him to prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Lets get one thing clear, the ability to pass a ball 3 yards sideways to feet is not difficult

I cannot remember Makoun threading too many through balls to the strikers or suddenly switching the play (as Stan can)

with all due respect, it sounds like you're describing Stan there.

also the argument that since we lost the united game, Makouns performance is irrelevant is ridiculous. He's not a dynamic/attacking midfielder who scores and creates goals so he shouldn't be expected to. His game is about keeping possession with simple, effective short passes (often one touch under pressure). For a bunch who like to moan about style of football so much, we don't seem to appreciate one of the very few players suited to playing thr style we so crave.

Our thoughts o f Makoun's performance at Old Trafford

Man United sat off us at Old Trafford giving Makoun the time and space he needs on the ball

Eh? Most of his passes that night were first time passes. If you have time on the ball you tend to take more touches. Aint rocket science.

So stop making shit up.

What's there to make up about it? Stand in the middle of the park and make one touch passes would still require time and space would it not? Newcastle got in amongst him last season and he didn't like it.

Makoun isn't good enough for the PL in my opinion. Think it was a poor use of money at that time and we looked so much better in the middle of the park when we started playing Reo-Coker, Petrov and one other (think it was Delph?).

Makoun played a lot of poor passes and gave the ball away a lot from what I saw when he was here. Petrov uses the ball a lot better than he did.

Makoun isn't good enough for the PL in my opinion.

I'm still shocked people say this.. you'd think he has been here a full season playing each game that people have formed this opinion. Dzeko is just one example where i'm sure people said the same thing.

He will not under this current team though as nobody can pass the ball forward currently in midfield (infact we'd be lucky to string a couple of passes in midfield let alone pass forward) so I don't blame him for wanting to move on if that's the case.

that was for those who say that he wasn't exactly pulling up trees against United. he was MOTM by a long mile.

Was he the best Villa player that night? Probably. Does that make him the best player on the pitch? Probably not. Does it make him consistently good? Does it make him worth a place at Villa?

The truth is somewhere between his performance against Man U and Hereford.

McLeish was asked today if Jean has a future with Villa. He said along the lines of. "It Depends. I shipped him out as i was looking for a different sort of midfielder."

Yeah one who cant pass like the rest of our midfield.

McLeish was asked today if Jean has a future with Villa. He said along the lines of. "It Depends. I shipped him out as i was looking for a different sort of midfielder."

Yeah one who cant pass like the rest of our midfield.

Well its clear that McLeish doesn’t rate him, which isn’t really a judgement that I am that bothered by, apart from the fact its the only judgement that matters at Aston Villa. It seemed that Houllier didn’t rate him quite so highly; he dropped him after a few games.

What happens if Makoun is a good player, but he can’t be a good player at Aston Villa (can’t settle, the team’s play doesn’t suit him, etc)? He might be good, but he’s not so good that the team is built around him.

As I said the truth is somewhere between the anonymous performance against Hereford and the game at Old Trafford. To some degree its up to Makoun to show he deserves it on the training ground and on the pitch. From what I ve seen he’s no better as a complete package than anything we have

Â