Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

From what I've seen, he's simply not PL quality

Thank the lord GED didn't replicate signings like this

Thankfully he wasn't given chance to. I'm still not sure where this myth that Houllier was about to scout a load of cheap but excellent players for us came from.

Look at his record in the short time with us:

Pires - woeful

Bent - good player, but hardly a little known European gem

Bradley - shite

Makoun - average at best

Walker - another obvious choice from the Premier League.

Yet because he's gone, he was suddenly going to become Wenger mark 2? Nah.

How was Walker an obvious choice? 20 y/o FB on loan in the Championship...I think he was an astute signing who really flourished with us.

Bradley? What did he play like a game and a half for us? Do you expect every signing to hit the ground running? By your logic N'Zogbia is an utterly shit player because it took him about 20 games to start showing a bit of form.

I still think Walker as a defender is absolutely dire and if Pires was "an emergency signing" how come he hardly ever played? I'd have thought "An emergency signing" should at least be fit to play!

Houllier mostly bought a load of shite at Liverpool, and he didn't unearth any gems at Villa. He was a disaster, and the fact that McLeish is a disaster as well doesn't make me pine for the hopeless Frenchman.

houllier was poor, but mcleish is x 10 times worse. at least the football was better, our home form was not as awful as it is now and we still finished 9th. we are 15th poor at home and the football is the worst i have ever experienced

useless is mcleish

From what I've seen, he's simply not PL quality

Thank the lord GED didn't replicate signings like this

Thankfully he wasn't given chance to. I'm still not sure where this myth that Houllier was about to scout a load of cheap but excellent players for us came from.

Look at his record in the short time with us:

Pires - woeful

Bent - good player, but hardly a little known European gem

Bradley - shite

Makoun - average at best

Walker - another obvious choice from the Premier League.

Yet because he's gone, he was suddenly going to become Wenger mark 2? Nah.

You forgot the Omar Cummings near miss

dont think makouns as bad as most are making out. based on what 10 league games?? not really fair to the guy in my opinion

I don't think it's "most" tbh. I think a poll would show most of us would at least like to see him given more time.

A lot of the anti-Makoun feeling seems to be based on the sending-off and the cards he got. These, imo, were nearly all extremely harsh or plain wrong decisions.

How quickly people seem to have forgotten his first touch, accurate passing, through balls, and very likeable personality.

With the team crying out for someone genuinely creative and quick with his passing, many of us were in disbelief at his loan move.

Not to say I'm 100% convinced he's physical enough to be brilliant in every game, but he has too much to offer to be chucked on the scrapheap.

I thought he was mostly poor when he played. His tackling and work rate were lacking, and for a defensive midfielder no amount of tidy passing will make up for that.

I don't think he's had enough of a chance to see if he can improve, but AM had a look at him and didn't fancy him. So he doesn't have a future here with AM.

It's clear that McLeish is operating under a salary cap, so he takes a risk and releases Makoun and takes on JJ. It failed. I can see why he was tempted, but in hindsight it looks silly. We all new deep down that JJ was an injury risk.

His "tidy passes" were tippy tappy 3 yard square balls or he went backwards

Coupled with an inability to tackle or head

All I can say is that this, in my opinion, is completely off the mark.

I respect your opinion and you're entitled to it. It's wrong, but you are entitled to have a say.

It's clear that McLeish is operating under a salary cap, so he takes a risk and releases Makoun and takes on JJ. It failed. I can see why he was tempted, but in hindsight it looks silly. We all new deep down that JJ was an injury risk.

Doubt it was anything to do with money, think he looked at Makoun and didn’t rate him for his game plan. Jenas was available so he snapped him up. He tried to get Cole as well iirc.

Â