Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

J2M was definitely Houllier's man and I always got the impression he only agreed to join us because Houllier was here. Consequently I think a lot of his desire to play for us left with Houllier. Not quite to the point where he would refuse, but I think the next man had his work cut out to motivate him fully. He had his ups and down in a Villa shirt but I think he would be a square peg in a round hole if he was to come back now. He's not an Ireland or a Bannan, he's a deeper lying player than that and he's far more suited to a team with a passing style. We're not that. It's just not a good fit. Much like Berson was when he was here. Two good players we just couldn't utilise properly.

Completely agree.

Well he was at the club for less than half a season, in which time he played 7 games. So while he wasn't an ever-present, it's not true to say he couldn't get a game.

Yeah but after he gave that stupid penalty away and then the red card, he really made it hard for himself to be selected

How is it Makouns fault that the player dived and cheated to get that penalty?

Yeah but after he gave that stupid penalty away and then the red card, he really made it hard for himself to be selected

Salifou would have known not to go near the diving player.

Good question

Salifou would have known not to go near the diving player.

... and that's why Salifou is now playing football.... (I don't know where)

I'd rather my players attempt to challenge a player that is known for diving, rather than just let them pass.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's a prime reason why people shouldn't rave about foreigners coming to Villa as he was an epic failure and a waste of money.

Everyone rave's about foreigners half the time i think it's just the name and people go nuts for it

Admittedly in areas like Spain you have good players and parts of South America the odd gem is revealed.

However i don't think our scouts actually go very far out of VP so we can forget that.

Good god under MON the scouts merely got paid to sit on there fat asses i actually cant remember the last i heard the scouts were out and about.

I think he's a prime reason why people shouldn't rave about foreigners coming to Villa as he was an epic failure and a waste of money.

Everyone rave's about foreigners half the time i think it's just the name and people go nuts for it

Admittedly in areas like Spain you have good players and parts of South America the odd gem is revealed.

However i don't think our scouts actually go very far out of VP so we can forget that.

Good god under MON the scouts merely got paid to sit on there fat asses i actually cant remember the last i heard the scouts were out and about.

But what is the solution then? Our academy isn't producing good enough players and the few brittish players that actually are descent are far to expensive for us. That leaves us with the like's of Hutton, Heskey, Knight, Routledge, Sidwell, Maloney...

*Hint (The obvious answer is better scouting abroad)

How was he an epic failure? Came in january when we were awful, played some good matches and some not so good ones. How many january transfers are epic WINS throughout history exactly? Always takes time, he didnt get it as he was sent away on loan. Bosko Balaban was an epic failure here but talk about overreacting......some ppl on here never seem to think before they write or just have the worst memory in history.

He is still the best CM we have on our books.

The fact that he now plays for somebody else tells ypou everything you need to know about whats wrong with the Villa. Poor, poor descisions made at every turn

Based on what???

Hes better than Petrov, better than Clarke, better than Herd, better than Ireland. Who else is there? Oh yeah...Jenas, but that one goes without saying really.

He is still the best CM we have on our books.

The fact that he now plays for somebody else tells ypou everything you need to know about whats wrong with the Villa. Poor, poor descisions made at every turn

Based on what???

Hes better than Petrov, better than Clarke, better than Herd, better than Ireland. Who else is there? Oh yeah...Jenas, but that one goes without saying really.

Again, based on what? He played less than 10 games for us, IIRC, and he did well in a few of them, worse in a few. And now he's playing in a league that is far away from the PL standard. I'm not saying he's not good enough, I'm just saying that the judge is pretty much still out on him.

Â