Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Other topic was closed...

Due to train for the first time with the squad tomorrow, Houllier said he will be involved with Wigan.. anyone else looking forward to his debut? What do you expect from his debut?

His dress sense is too cool, anyone got a pic of him at the city game? :lol:

He has also taken Salifou's squad number (17). Does this mean the bulletproof journalist beating one has been released?

Salifou is on trial with Monaco I believe.

I expect him to get around the pitch and make his presence felt, not much else on his debut really but think he could be a great asset for us if he replicates his Lyon days.

Jean Makoun, Makoun,

He's gonna play for us soon,

We've variations of his tune,

Jean Makoun, Makoun!

Seriously, I can't wait til he plays he's got something about his style.

A poorer version of Essien, better version fo NRC, I will take that.

A few photos of Jean II can be found here

That 3rd image of him worries me... are we all sure he can run?!?!

Tbf it wouldnt be the first time GH signed a player who had serious mobility issues

GH signs players who can't run and MON signed players who had broken legs. We really should put some basic requirements for new players into our managers job specifications. :lol:

Watched a YouTube clip of him yesterday and I wasn't impressed seemed very average, does anyone have any first hand experience of seeing him play?

Average how? He's not the type of player that looks great on youtube, im certain we'll benefit from his work ethic. He's the water carrier our attacking players need to balance out the formation GH wants us to play.

im more excited about his debut than i was with Bents. Makoun can have a SERIOUS impact to how we play. He could dominate midfields where we wont have to sit back and defend leads for 30 minutes and cop late goals.

Bent will change things too but Makoun could potentially be our best signing in a long long time. He will need time however.

Unfortunately Bent signing has overshadowed Jean's.. but that will take the pressure off him and allow him to learn the language and settle in. He probably wont start for a while yet.

I've never seen him play to be honest so looking forward to seeing what we have got, I'm hoping for more of an Essien than a Djemba-Djemba :)

I can't recall the last player we signed who I'd never seen play, I mean I'd ever seen Salifou play! I can't actually think of a established, first team player that we've signed that I've not seen play previously.

Its quite exciting really.

From games ive seen him play for both Lille and Lyon,he is a very hard worker for the team and has alot of presence..He never stops running,has a great engine and good eye for a pass.Players like VDV and Nasri will have very little room and find Villa hard to break down with him in the side..He is also good at driving the ball forward,heading the ball and leadership..He has a great personality and likabilty factor.

I think his strengths will lie in the through balls he can provide for the runs of the forward players.Weakness is that he is a confidence player and needs alot of support from those around him..Keep him happy,make him feel like he is our key player and he will be world class..

Im glad this player now has his own page we can write on..A massive signing from Houllier to land Makoun.Ive been watching him for a few years and consider him to be one of the best DM in the world.

Cant wait to see him play for us.

One of the best in Dm's in the world ? :lol:

Admit i haven't seen much of him but if he was that good surely he would be going for more than 5 million ? anyway i hope your right

Â