Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Going from a job that pays £25k to a job that pays £50k is down to ambition, I completely agree with you. Going from £3 million to £6million doesn't quite show the same desire to better yourself imo. Are you going to see any truly beneficial changes in your life that your previous salary was causing you to miss out on like going from £25k to £50k would? No, its just about having more money for the same of it.

Of course you would. Stop thinking short term and think long term. Huge difference in your life between 3mil and 6mil
To your back account yes but outside of greed, what difference could it make to your life?

Considering how many ex-athletes end up broke, perhaps a big difference.

Going from a job that pays £25k to a job that pays £50k is down to ambition, I completely agree with you. Going from £3 million to £6million doesn't quite show the same desire to better yourself imo. Are you going to see any truly beneficial changes in your life that your previous salary was causing you to miss out on like going from £25k to £50k would? No, its just about having more money for the same of it.

Of course you would. Stop thinking short term and think long term. Huge difference in your life between 3mil and 6mil
To your back account yes but outside of greed, what difference could it make to your life?

Far too simplistic.

People have different standards of living.  Once you earn more, you spend more.  The nature of being human/living in a capitalist society is that we will strive for more or generally accept things that make us "better off".

The problem is that most people can't comprehend having an income of £3m a year.

• Like 1

The bullshit really stinks Delph. Cheers mate!

Problem is without this clause he is probably worth 20 million Premier League money. Poor way to do business, like we have been held to ransome by him, as he knew we needed him till the end of last season.

He could've left for nothing and been picked up.  How have we done "poor business" here?

I've never met anyone who has said £30k isn't enough to live on.

£30k a year is obviously enough to live on but not enough that you can buy whatever you want and still have a **** tonne left over.

£30k a week is enough to live on and not worry about anything.

Once you get to figures where you and your family and any future family members are sorted for life without worry then it's a law of diminishing returns.

I'd argue Delph was already at that point so any extra is just pure greed.

But it's not just about money, is it?

What else is it? He isn't going to trouble the likes of yaya, Silva or nasri's places in the team.

Seems Man City are signing Kevin De Bruyne as well as Delph. I know he is a different kind of player than Delph but with the players they have Delph may not make the bench at this rate!!!

Edit: Just realised I've said "Delph" way too many times in that post. Apologies.

Edited by harris21

I've never met anyone who has said £30k isn't enough to live on.

£30k a year is obviously enough to live on but not enough that you can buy whatever you want and still have a **** tonne left over.

£30k a week is enough to live on and not worry about anything.

Once you get to figures where you and your family and any future family members are sorted for life without worry then it's a law of diminishing returns.

I'd argue Delph was already at that point so any extra is just pure greed.

But it's not just about money, is it?

What else is it? He isn't going to trouble the likes of yaya, Silva or nasri's places in the team.

But if Man City win anything, he'll be a part of it.  He'll play quite a few games, but not all of them.

What's he winning at Villa?  What's he earning at Villa?

Besides....loyalty gets you nowhere! Look at agbonlohor, he's been loyal through and through, and the fans can't wait to criticise him and boo him! Fans are just as loyal to players as players are to clubs! Time to get over it and look forward to Gueye!

• Like 4

Far too simplistic.

People have different standards of living.  Once you earn more, you spend more.  The nature of being human/living in a capitalist society is that we will strive for more or generally accept things that make us "better off".

The problem is that most people can't comprehend having an income of £3m a year.

But that's my point, once money becomes no object other than greed, why do you need more?

Say you have 10 billion, do you need to double it? What could you then buy that that 10 billion couldn't already afford you?

Besides....loyalty gets you nowhere! Look at agbonlohor, he's been loyal through and through, and the fans can't wait to criticise him and boo him! Fans are just as loyal to players as players are to clubs! Time to get over it and look forward to Gueye!

I must've missed those offers from top-four teams that he turned down in the past.

Far too simplistic.

But that's my point, once money becomes no object other than greed, why do you need more?

Say you have 10 billion, do you need to double it? What could you then buy that that 10 billion couldn't already afford you?

Taking a massive chunk out of third world debt for a fraction of it?

Love the amount of people on here saying delph is shit, average and we won't miss him. Every villa fan in the world would rather keep him than lose him, he's a huge loss, but let's not be bitter about it now. He's a good player, and I hope he gets games at Man city to prove all those doubters (that weren't villa fans) what he is actually capable of doing. He did us a favour in Jan, signed a contract, helped keep us up, and we get 8mill for him. Yeah it's not the best figure but he wouldn't of imagined Man city being interested and coming in for him. As much as us fans want loyalty its delphs job at the end of the day, and if you had been offered twice as much wages, to go work at a better company, with better prospects and a real chance to make a name of yourself, you wouldn't turn it down. And if you did it would be because you lack ambition! Put yourself in delphs boots!

You can't say people aren't Villa fans for wanting Delph to fail if he joins them. Once he's gone he's dead to me.

I didn't say that lol. What I meant is a lot of football fans who weren't villa fans have criticised delph over the years, ridiculed us villa fans and said that he is average at best. I would like him to prove them all wrong!

Ah right, misread it. Apologies.

Far too simplistic.

Everything works the same (although £10bn is a stupid example) - people want more.  Why would successful businesspeople grow their businesses from £200m to £300m turnover a year?  Why would anyone seek a pay rise when they already earn what most would consider "plenty"?  Because you have more and can get more.  The scales just increase with the more you earn.  Instead of shopping in high street stores, you move to designer stores.  Instead of shopping in designer stores, you get bespoke items made specifically for you.  And so on and so on.

If you look at it rationally, money included, Delph wins on every single level by moving from Aston Villa to Manchester City apart from being a guaranteed first team regular.  It really is a no brainer, no matter how frustrating it is.

They're our feeder club, they've given us Given, Ireland, Dunne and now Sinclair.

Dumping ground more like

They can dump Aguero on us

Unfortunately they only dump the rubbish* they no longer want on us.

*one man's rubbish is another man's treasure of course

Â