Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I agree with other posters who think Delph will benefit the most from Sanchez's arrival.

I'm expecting an even better year than last year from Fabian!

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 2

One of the best players at the club but wouldn't be surprised to see him sacrificed at home against the lesser teams.

Sanchez, Delph and Westwood would bring the same problems as last year.

Needs to get his head up though. That run when he chipped it in to Bent (when he was offside) was great but if he'd looked up he could've slotted in Weimann on the far side. 

• Like 1

He's just excellent. My MOM today.

Interesting view - nowhere near MOM for me.  He played well enough and drove on from midfield but his end product is so, so inconsistent.

The ball he played through for Richardson when we had a great counter attack going was criminally underhit and, similarly, the touch he took when Williamson got sent off was absolute garbage.  Needs to improve on these things for sure, but he's got a great engine on him and is certainly our true link between defence and attack.

He's just excellent. My MOM today.

Interesting view - nowhere near MOM for me.  He played well enough and drove on from midfield but his end product is so, so inconsistent.

The ball he played through for Richardson when we had a great counter attack going was criminally underhit and, similarly, the touch he took when Williamson got sent off was absolute garbage.  Needs to improve on these things for sure, but he's got a great engine on him and is certainly our true link between defence and attack.

No where near seems a bit harsh, who did you think was better?

I agree he lacks the quality in the final 3rd at time, which is why i don't get this idea that moving him and westwood further forward will solve all our creative problems.  He was excellent on the ball and did his job brilliantly in midfield.  I thought it was yet another top quality performance.  If he could play great through balls on a consistent basis he would be playing for the top teams.

Thought he was great today but echo the comment above Milfner made. There was also a moment where Richardson was in acres of space and Delph could have played him in but didn't see it til it was too late. 

• Like 1

Â