Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

We've been conditioned to a certain way of thinking when it comes to wages, as we've seen player sit on top-half Premier League wages, when they were bottom-half standard.

Delph may not be a top 6 talent yet, but he's definitely good enough for a top-half team. Top-half talent gets paid £40k per week +.

I agree. We cannot judge Delph on the value we got from the likes of Ireland, Sidwell or Beye. We should with proper financial control be able to compete wages wise with the likes of Everton and Southampton not be paying Walsall wages to all. The high earners/no value players are slowly being removed. We are not going to to offering £200k per like Chelsea but we should be competing with our comtemporaries? And Delph is deserving of a certain level of wage in line with the pay he would receive at other clubs.

• Like 1

Delph is comfortably above league average in my opinion. If he wants to stay at the club long term, a wage befitting of that should be strongly considered by those holding the purse strings. Those that will hopefully be holding those purse strings for not a great deal of time longer.

Consider what it would take to replace him. £10m and £60k a week?

• Like 1

Why would he take a paycut

He was player of the season last season and was exceptional for the majority of it

If you did the equivalent in an average job you would feel entitled to a payrise

It's not his fault he was offered ridiculous wages before above what he should have been earning at that stage of his development

If you want to progress you have to keep your best players and Delph is one of the best midfielders we have at the club

I am not saying he should take a pay cut, I just think that is the wage the wage bill has been going.

How about a cheeky 10K p/w and a free parking space offer?

• Like 2

A lot of talk about vlaar in regards to a new deal but for me I think delph is much more of a priority.

He can sign an agreement to join another club in 5 months time. That's worrying and I'd be surprised if his agent isn't telling him to do just that.

A lot of talk about vlaar in regards to a new deal but for me I think delph is much more of a priority.

He can sign an agreement to join another club in 5 months time. That's worrying and I'd be surprised if his agent isn't telling him to do just that.

Cheer up and have a bit of patience. Delph's good, but you can't see one of the big clubs coming in for him, and You more than get the impression he's dedicated to proving himself at Villa.

• 2 weeks later...

Will bag double figures now he has a proper DM behind him and he isn't having to play 3 roles.

Get that contract on the fricking table.

Did he even get that many in league one?

I think if he hits 6 he'll be happy and we should be too.

He has talent and hopefully he'll get a little more freedom in midfield and feel less pressure to take chances he rarely gets.

I think 5 or 6 goals for delph this year. And I'm predicting another player of the year trophy.

Did I steal your thought or did you steal mine?

Â