Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

^^^^^^^ Well I for one am glad that Old Woy thinks so too!!!!

Delph is the type of player who would get injured as soon as he gets called into the squad.

I just hope Woy sticks to his word and doesn't bring any new players into the squad. We want Fab fit and healthly for the rest of the season.

All though him and James Milner are very different players that goal really reminded me of him when he was at his best here a few years ago.

Great player - and I never thought I would say that about Delph! He has proved me and quite a few other I suspect extremely wrong. 

• Like 1

Only because somebody said they had heard nothing negative for several pages....

Agree he's been a consistent top performer and wednesday's goal was brilliant, but....

I wish he would learn closer control. To go by the first man he pushes the ball 8-10 yards and has to nip it from a defender to go anther 8-10 yards, where he does it again. He ends up giving himself hospital balls over and over again. Needs to push the ball 4-6 yards rather than 8-10. Fewer close challenges, fewer injuries, fewer bookings on the stretch, better possession, better able to get his head up and pick a good pass.

Only because somebody said they had heard nothing negative for several pages....

Agree he's been a consistent top performer and wednesday's goal was brilliant, but....

I wish he would learn closer control. To go by the first man he pushes the ball 8-10 yards and has to nip it from a defender to go anther 8-10 yards, where he does it again. He ends up giving himself hospital balls over and over again. Needs to push the ball 4-6 yards rather than 8-10. Fewer close challenges, fewer injuries, fewer bookings on the stretch, better possession, better able to get his head up and pick a good pass.

I think he does have close control, but sometimes he is too eager to move and go on the attack that he just lacks that extra second of thought and composure, but he is getting better. He is still trying to overcompensate, but I do think he will end up in a England shirt.

For me you've just described the delph of old. I think he has cut a lot of this kind of thing out of his game, he now uses his little Cruyff like turns and keeps the ball close to him and distributes it nicely.

There are clearly things to still improve up on but his progress recently has been monumental.

This lad could be really special...it all depends if he can add other improvements to his game.....not sure if he's ready right now for England.

I think his improvement has been more mental than physical, but never the less essential.

love watching this boy improve.

Delph will win one of the villa player of the year awards at the end of the upcoming season.

My prediction from early July is looking good.

I'll make a counter prediction. Delph won't be in the team at the end of the season because he will be sold in January.

Con's not so much.

• Like 4

For me you've just described the delph of old. I think he has cut a lot of this kind of thing out of his game, he now uses his little Cruyff like turns and keeps the ball close to him and distributes it nicely.

I hope you're right. Surely the coaching staff can see anything I can, and has been working on it. If it doesnt get better, as you think is happening, he will never be the great we hope for. Let's watch him closely at Craven Cottage and compare notes then.

Delph will win one of the villa player of the year awards at the end of the upcoming season.

My prediction from early July is looking good.

I'll make a counter prediction. Delph won't be in the team at the end of the season because he will be sold in January.

Con's not so much.

Cross your fingers. He's not signed a new contract yet. 

Delph seems like he's thoroughly grounded and loving the respect Villa gave him by giving him time to come back from injury to work his way back into the side. Many managers would just let him rott while we've nurtured him and let him do his thing. Out of all the players we have I think he's the least likely to make a fuss about getting to a bigger club.

Â