Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If Spurs want Delph then swap him for Dembele.

I'd rather keep Delph. Never been too impressed with Dembele. Not saying he is a bad player, but at this point, I'd rather keep the player who has proven he works with our team. Now if we were to purchase Dembele without giving up a player, that'd be a whole other story. 

I missed Delph the other day :(

He really is a joy to watch, like a ninja he does his job (most of the time) brilliantly and without getting caught by the camera nor the fans.Many times you realize what he just managed to do in the replays!

Delph is a good defensive midfielder who covers his full back very well. He also dribbles quite nicely and doesn't panic when he gets the ball. Therefore, his first thought is not to rid himself of it, like so many of our other guys. These qualities make him valuable to us and you notice it when he's away.

What he doesn't do so well is build up the play in the attacking zone. He, like our other players, is somewhat clueless as to what to do with the ball there. Part of it is that there's so little movement that good passing lanes are difficult to find. But there's something else too. I don't think he is that great going forward. He seems to disappear more the closer we get to the opponent's goal. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so, since he always wins MotM around here.

Can someone explain something to me...

A few minutes after Delph got booked, someone took one of the Stoke players out on the edge of our box and was booked. I couldn't quite tell who it was as the stream I was watching was predictably horrendous quality, however as the referee pulled the yellow out the commentary was like "oh he's got to be now" ... so I presumed it was Delph and slammed my laptop screen down in frustration immediately.

A minute or two later I opened up my laptop again and noticed Delph was still on the pitch.....

Either i imagined the whole thing, I imagined the referee pulling the yellow out and it was Delph, or it was someone else who got booked.

Someone ease my curiosity plzzzzz??? :-)

Â