Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Mart-L7 made a reasonable, understandable comparison regarding one small moment that happened in the game. Yet people jumped on his back, acting like they were some sort of mega football analysists because they could say "Messi is better than Delph". Well done...

What I like this season is a small improvement - hopefully this makes sense - sometimes when he's on the move, he has a slightly heavy touch - last season this meant that the ball got away from him ever so slightly and he'd jump in after it and get booked catching an opponent who got there first. This season he's improved on that, it still gets away from him, but he's learned to stretch for it and get a touch on it (even though he doesn't have it under control) and he's then the one who's fouled. It's not the biggest thing, but it's an improvement and it makes a difference.

• Like 1

3 man of the matches in a row? That's Milner form.

but without the goals or assist contribution ...

Exactly. Besides who gave Delph MotM for all 3 matches? Ridiculous

Maybe I'm wrong but your incredulity at all the compliments he is getting on here almost seem to have turned you further against him. It's like you resent him for being liked.
  • Like 3

Got the opportunity to meat him after the Liverpool match (after waiting to 10 pm) and he was a really nice a guy. Very friendly and he took some pictures with me. 
Delph has really stepped up this season so far and I can´t wait to see him continue doing that every game. What i love most with him is the desire to take people on and get past them. We don´t have a lot of those players in Villa.

If you watch the replay of the match you will se a lots of chances for Gabby to run past Glen Johnsson but he never seems to take that decision. Delph on the other hand, he just do it and gets past his players. Would love to see him as a attacking midfielder for one game. He never keeps running and as pressing attacking midfielder he would scare the defenders to make mistakes!

I think fair play to the lad for sticking at it. He has had some bad luck with injuries etc but with playing time he's showing glimpses of why we bought him. He's a bit hot-headed, but we wanted some bite in midfield and theres a tenacity there reminiscent of NRC (probably why he divides opinion). He's certainly got a maturity about him these days.

If this is how good he's ever going to be then we've got a decent player at last. If theres more, which I suspect, then bar any setbacks he'll probably become captain at some point. 

Against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. It'll be interesting to see how he does against weaker teams now. He was pretty close to scoring against Arsenal too. 

Maybe I'm wrong but your incredulity at all the compliments he is getting on here almost seem to have turned you further against him. It's like you resent him for being liked.

I would also add that, in my opinion, a player should NEVER be judged on goals and assists. As statistics they are almost irrelevant. You have to watch how they play, their overall contribution and judge them on their performance of the ROLE that they've been asked to fulfil

I've been a ripping into delph pretty much since he signed, injury prone, always getting booked and doing bugger all on the pitch.

What a turn around in the last 8 months, credit to him for turning it around, and credit to Lambert for getting him playing well.

Could be O'Neills best signing

2nd this. was very critical myself but has proved us wrong and gladly so. think if he scores a goal he will open floodgates for that as well

• Like 1

If after the setbacks, injuries, mismanagement, disapointments etc. etc. he is finally getting the confidence to do at this level what he was doing at Leeds then he will become a very fine player indeed. He used to boss games, be box to box, win the ball back and score goals. Noted for his technique, first touch, close control and dribbling. That was what we bought and it IS starting to show. We've seen him disrupt play, get the ball back, be a driver in midfield and a link from defense to attack. If he can add some goals and assists to that then he'll be the first name on the teamsheet every week.

Edited by romavillan

i can't be bothered zatman, you will be proved wrong in the future though, i guarantee that, i won't be surprised if bannan is sold permanently in the summer

SGC was right :P

that was 2 summers ago and he still hasnt been sold ;)

Â