Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

First day of the year sitting out in the garden with a cold beer and a book.  :cheers:

Lucky! Horrible down here 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lucky! Horrible down here 

It was a brief interlude. Cold and foggy first thing, then from about 11.00 am to 4.00 pm it was gloriously sunny and warm. It's raining again now...  :rant:

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

First day of the year sitting out in the garden with a cold beer and a book.  :cheers:

I wore shorts to work on Monday , granted my postman was wearing his back in Jan  , but the sun was out and it seemed appropriate   , got to work and the women downstairs in accounts were in jumpers and coats like we worked in Siberia

wouldn't mind but I haven't switched the heating off in the office or anything so it's not like the building is cold

In an evil sub-genre I've just thought of, I'd like to submit an entry for "Things That Cheer You Up That Shouldn't".  Kids bawling in the stands on the final day of the season as their team just got relegated :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

In an evil sub-genre I've just thought of, I'd like to submit an entry for "Things That Cheer You Up That Shouldn't".  Kids bawling in the stands on the final day of the season as their team just got relegated :crylaugh:

That's quite evil. I think it doesn't cheer me up.....

but what does is adults crying in the stands (for the same reason ). That really is funny.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

That's quite evil. I think it doesn't cheer me up.....

but what does is adults crying in the stands (for the same reason ). That really is funny.

Especially if they're geordies or blosers :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Vacation.  Or as most of you would say, holiday.  Just went scuba diving for the first time in my life.  A sea turtle swam up right next to me, seeming like he was begging for me to reach out and touch him.  Turned his  head to look at me as he swam by and I could swear he smiled at me.  My wife saw an octopus.   Awesome!

I see SeaWorld Northampton has upped its game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Vacation.  Or as most of you would say, holiday.  Just went scuba diving for the first time in my life.  A sea turtle swam up right next to me, seeming like he was begging for me to reach out and touch him.  Turned his  head to look at me as he swam by and I could swear he smiled at me.  My wife saw an octopus.   Awesome!

I did snorkelling last year in Jamaica for the first time.

I'm sure it's nothing for a lot of people, but it was the first time I'd ever done it and I was amazed at how much you could see, how clear everything was and how close you could get to creatures. It was brilliant.

Scuba Diving must be a whole other level.

• Like 2

I love diving.  I've done it a few times. 

It's always a pretty poignant moment when I see plastic swishing around with fish circling it.  I don't know why, but I always remember that. 

Turtles are curious things, they always come for a tickle. 

I dived in an area with barracudas once, that was interesting.  It's the only real predator I've seen diving, and even though they are pretty small (about 3, maybe 4ft), they're still quite intimidating.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

even though they are pretty small (about 3, maybe 4ft), they're still quite intimidating.  

I hear that a lot about my barracuda

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I did snorkelling last year in Jamaica for the first time.

I'm sure it's nothing for a lot of people, but it was the first time I'd ever done it and I was amazed at how much you could see, how clear everything was and how close you could get to creatures. It was brilliant.

Scuba Diving must be a whole other level.

It's the closest thing we'll ever get (in our lifetime) to going to a different planet.

I can't recommend it enough.  It's brilliant. 

Â