Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

There's a guy at work. Older gentleman.

He has a framed picture of his family on his desk. No big  deal.

But his computer desktop background is a photograph of that picture. In it's frame. On his desk.

So on his desk is this framed picture, right next to a monitor displaying a picture of the same picture.

It makes me laugh a lot and I'm not sure why :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But his computer desktop background is a photograph of that picture. In it's frame. On his desk.

So on his desk is this framed picture, right next to a monitor displaying a picture of the same picture.

Infinite recursion? 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

...that's not his family :wacko:

On 06/04/2018 at 00:28, 8pints said:

...that's not his family :wacko:

He's always reliving the moment , they were there and then gone....faces pressed against the sun roof as it slowly sank into the dark, black, unforgiving cold quarry water.

Just a guess.  

Is it a nice frame ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Palma, Majorca

Nice. The weather is sure to be better than here!

A few friends have been to Majorca outside of June to August and had mixed weather but still had a good time. The Balearics weather is why I tend to choose the southern Greek islands or Cyprus (going in 3 weeks) when going before June or after early September.

Enjoy the all-inclusive! Hopefully you'll be too 'half-soaked' to notice the occasional shower!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Nice. The weather is sure to be better than here!

A few friends have been to Majorca outside of June to August and had mixed weather but still had a good time. The Balearics weather is why I tend to choose the southern Greek islands or Cyprus (going in 3 weeks) when going before June or after early September.

Enjoy the all-inclusive! Hopefully you'll be too 'half-soaked' to notice the occasional shower!

Cheers mate.

My OH works for Thomas Cook and it came up as a really good deal. The weather is always risky, especially this time of year. We went same time last year and it was lovely. We've been to Menorca 3 years running in October half term and its been really nice then too, can't complain this time really as we've had a really good run of it!

The problem is school summer holiday trips are ridiculously expensive, and then once there they are heaving. Beached packed, pool packed, restaurants and bars packed. We've been last 2 and said we'd leave it this year. Having said that if the weather is iffy this week then I can see me forking out for July/August holiday...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Cheers mate.

My OH works for Thomas Cook and it came up as a really good deal. The weather is always risky, especially this time of year. We went same time last year and it was lovely. We've been to Menorca 3 years running in October half term and its been really nice then too, can't complain this time really as we've had a really good run of it!

The problem is school summer holiday trips are ridiculously expensive, and then once there they are heaving. Beached packed, pool packed, restaurants and bars packed. We've been last 2 and said we'd leave it this year. Having said that if the weather is iffy this week then I can see me forking out for July/August holiday...

Assuming it's a half decent hotel, you'd be mad not to take up a good deal on an all-inclusive, no matter what the weather is! Looks like you've done well with the Balearic weather in the past. Knowing a couple of families, who had rain in separate years on 5 days out of 7 in late May, put me off taking my family there early in the season. There's definitely a premium to pay when flying to more settled weather outside of June to August as I've paid £700 each for a week all-inclusive in Cyprus this early May, albeit is a well rated all-inclusive for adults only and the flights are from the notoriously expensive BHX.

Since my two kids have left school we now avoid holidaying in mid July to late August like the plague. Fortunately it still leaves June and September as good weather to most typical European holiday destinations and April/May (avoiding Easter and May half term obviously!) together with October (except the last week for half term) if flying a little further. Even if you don't have good weather this time, I wouldn't recommend being as drastic as booking July or August!

My family of four plus both kids partners went to Rhodes in the last two weeks of September last year. We all preferred the weather (around 27C) to our previous August holidays (32C+) and, as you wrote, the pools, beaches, restaurants and bars were a little quieter and more relaxing. Unfortunately our usual hotel was fully booked until mid September this year so we've risked the last few days in September and early October when there could be the odd shower and low 20's C.

Enjoy Majorca and make the most of your OH's Thomas Cook discounts and contacts, you lucky sod! :)

• Like 1

Â