Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Schools have a lot of problems without uniforms, such as bullying ("your clothes are shit") and identification if someone goes missing ("they were wearing the school blazer at this time").

I didn't have to wear a blazer at my school, but the uniforms were okay, just a light blue shirt with a dark blue sweater.  It's changed now but when I was there year 11's could wear black trousers, white polo neck (no logos) with a plain black jumper.  Thought it was quite a good idea, but they've changed it now to everyone is the same.

Loved primary school, didn't like secondary school too much. I kind of felt ignored by the teachers, because I was your bog standard, typical 'C' student. They seemed to be too busy with the clever kids and the naughty kids.

But I'd love to do it again, I'd probably actually pay attention in lessons now.

Interesting fact, in the 5 years at secondary school, I never went for a wee or a poo.

Schools have a lot of problems without uniforms, such as bullying ("your clothes are shit") and identification if someone goes missing ("they were wearing the school blazer at this time").

I didn't have to wear a blazer at my school, but the uniforms were okay, just a light blue shirt with a dark blue sweater.  It's changed now but when I was there year 11's could wear black trousers, white polo neck (no logos) with a plain black jumper.  Thought it was quite a good idea, but they've changed it now to everyone is the same.

Uniforms these days look over-elaborate what with all that fancy edging on the blazers.

I always smile because I know that if I had turned up wearing something similar back in the day, I would have been sent home. 

I loved school.

If I encountered a genie in a lamp and he gave me one wish, it would be to go back to year 7, and live my life from that point with the knowledge I have now.

That would be awesome.

• Like 1

Loved primary school, didn't like secondary school too much. I kind of felt ignored by the teachers, because I was your bog standard, typical 'C' student. They seemed to be too busy with the clever kids and the naughty kids.

But I'd love to do it again, I'd probably actually pay attention in lessons now.

Interesting fact, in the 5 years at secondary school, I never went for a wee or a poo.

Poo maybe (I was the same, no idea how when I think about me these days) but no wee!? How?

• Like 1

Poo maybe (I was the same, no idea how when I think about me these days) but no wee!? How?

Probably because I never drank either. Didn't trust the water fountains and didn't have any money to buy a drink. I don't even think I took a drink to school with me.

I do remember asking Rob182 if I could have a sip of his drink after PE once and it turned out to be ginger beer.

Ginger beer is the worst drink on the planet and I'm still angry with him about it. Ginger beer!

• Like 1

Ginger beer is the worst drink on the planet and I'm still angry with him about it. Ginger beer!

What the hell? Have you never added it to whiskey/bourbon, its the nectar of the gods

Edit. Up there is a quote of paddy saying Ginger beer is the worst drink on the planet and I'm still angry with him about it. Ginger beer!, 

Edited by Seat68

What the hell? Have you never added it to whiskey/bourbon, its the nectar of the gods

Edit. Up there is a quote of paddy saying Ginger beer is the worst drink on the planet and I'm still angry with him about it. Ginger beer!, 

No, but then I've never had whiskey or bourbon. I guess I'm not qualified enough to judge the worst drink in the world competition.

All I know is, if I was dying of thirst in the desert, I'd sooner drink camel wee.

• Like 1

No, but then I've never had whiskey or bourbon. I guess I'm not qualified enough to judge the worst drink in the world competition.

All I know is, if I was dying of thirst in the desert, I'd sooner drink camel wee.

It would probably be better for you too in a dehydration situation :-P

• Like 1

I loved school.

If I encountered a genie in a lamp and he gave me one wish, it would be to go back to year 7, and live my life from that point with the knowledge I have now.

That would be awesome.

funny enough I said almost the same thing to someone yesterday .. I'm not American so didn't use the word  " awesome "  though  :)

and my art teacher who used to wear baggy tops , no bra and lean over you ..would definitely get it once Genie works his magic

Edited by tonyh29

I still remember my first day at school. No trauma, quite enjoyed it.

Day two was the problem, when it suddenly dawned on me that I had to keep doing it every day for years and years. I wasn't so keen then.

Ha ha ha. Same here.

A couple of days in I attached myself to the lamp post outside our house.

There were tears.

I loved school.

That would be awesome.

But wouldn't you hate living as an 11 year old in your parents house, and having to follow all the rules that 11 year olds have to follow?

No alcohol, no sex, no bars/pubs/clubs, no driving cars, no voting, no say in anything you do on a day-to-day basis.

Not to mention that you'd be in school with a load of 11 year-old with a mind of an intelligent adult, and have to talk about 1 Direction and Kim Kardashian all day long.

I think going back to being 18 years old would be the best respawn point.

Best respawn point is as far back as you can go. Short of getting your skull pulled through again.

And now I have a vision of Call of Duty where little birth canals open up and armed soldiers burst from them. :blink:

(Using video-game as metaphors for life is a double-edged sword.)

Edited by Plastic Man

opened a bottle of single malt scotch whiskey last night and just finished it, i say a bottle but it was one of those tiny bottles. was told to drink it neat as it was quite expensive and up scotland thats how they have it, anyway i was dreading it but to my surprise it was quite pleasant. drinking it in sips and not gulps is the way and after the initial shock of the first couple of mouthfuls i enjoyed it and i am now according to my missus a proper gentleman ;) she likes men north of the border.

opened a bottle of single malt scotch whiskey last night and just finished it, i say a bottle but it was one of those tiny bottles. was told to drink it neat as it was quite expensive and up scotland thats how they have it, anyway i was dreading it but to my surprise it was quite pleasant. drinking it in sips and not gulps is the way and after the initial shock of the first couple of mouthfuls i enjoyed it and i am now according to my missus a proper gentleman ;) she likes men north of the border.

What make was it Ruge?

I do like a decent single malt served neat. Actually sipping one now while wearing nothing but a towel (I am going out, I don't usually do this!) :P

What make was it Ruge?

I do like a decent single malt served neat. Actually sipping one now while wearing nothing but a towel (I am going out, I don't usually do this!) :P

benromach, speyside single malt. as i said if you sip it its quite enjoyable and obviously its something you have in moderation. :o haha yeah right, is that an invite round to yours :P

Â