Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Ah. The day they take a mind full of awe and wonder, a perfect circle, and start to force it into the square shape that society requires :-P

Only joking of course. Tis a big day indeed.

I still remember my first day at school. No trauma, quite enjoyed it.

Day two was the problem, when it suddenly dawned on me that I had to keep doing it every day for years and years. I wasn't so keen then.

• Like 4

I still remember my first day at school. No trauma, quite enjoyed it.

Day two was the problem, when it suddenly dawned on me that I had to keep doing it every day for years and years. I wasn't so keen then.

My friend's son once responded to the exact same scenario by saying "well this is just unacceptable Dad"

• Like 3

absolutely hated school, I had a big problem with having to wear uniform

most of my imagination and energy went into working out how to subvert uniform and appearance rules

all these years later, and I'm most at home in a meeting wearing a pair of chinos a jacket and a plain light blue shirt - just like every other bloke in the room

ah well 

You're always told "these are the best days of your life". I agreed. I knew they were, while I was living them.

Same here. Once I got over the shock, I got into it.

6th form was definitely a high point.

absolutely hated school, I had a big problem with having to wear uniform

I only had to wear a uniform for 5 out of 13 years at school(s). Result. :)

Mine was a boys only school that way back then had only two purposes. One: provide 15 youth rugby players. Two: piss off Chris with petty rules.

Truth was, they'd already achieved number two by having rule number one.

School was cool.

Never understand why people detest it so much, you do a couple of hours learning, go on a break with your mates, another couple of hours, more break with your mates, but with food.  Then a couple of sleepy hours before you're away @ 3pm and home by 3.30pm (for me anyway).  Then it's "do what you want" for hours before bed..

I'd love the opportunity to do it again :)

• Like 2

Its the summer holidays I miss. In hindsight, I should've just blown my own head off after leaving education. That freedom of 6 weeks off without a care in the world. I'll never know that feeling again :(

Guaranteed time off over Christmas too...

*cocks shotgun*

I never minded the uniform thing. Didn't have to worry about what to wear every day, treated it like work clothes that I could change out of at the end of the day and 'transform into myself'.

• Like 1

Â