Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

His stand up "Carpet Remnant World" is available online . 2 hours of genius IMO .

If anybody wants nudging in the right direction then PM me.

Genius? Really?

I've liked all of his work up until that, but I watched it in Nottingham and it was the worst 2 hours of my life. People were walking out after 40 minutes, and I couldn't blame them. After the twentieth time of him joking he had no material because he was too busy looking after his kid, I realised he was being honest.

Edited by Davkaus

Don't really like Stewart Lee from what I've seen, but I swear every time I watch Dave, even if it's for five seconds, I seem to have to watch him saying "this show is called Carpet Remnant World" about 540 million times.

As for comedians lacking in material, I watched Dylan Moran (also in Nottingham) doing a small gig a couple of years ago, and he said a lot of his material was new, and he wasn't familiar with it, kept forgetting it, and needed some extra bits, etc. However, he handled it in a very amusing way. Very funny man, in my opinion.

Genius? Really?

I've liked all of his work up until that, but I watched it in Nottingham and it was the worst 2 hours of my life. People were walking out after 40 minutes, and I couldn't blame them. After the twentieth time of him joking he had no material because he was too busy looking after his kid, I realised he was being honest.

How can you have liked him up to now but hated that show ? The show was very indicative of his career IMO .

As for people walking out , well he actually expects that and plans for it, and repeating stuff until it's almost cringeworthy is typical of his shows. . I thought everything was quite deliberate to be honest .

Edited by Brumerican

Things like this;

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/8/3849908/daniel-craft-received-private-screening-of-star-trek-into-darkness

Restores my faith in human kindness just that little bit, makes me hope that this planet isn't just a little floating rock full of tossers.

Edited by Ingram85

How can you have liked him up to now but hated that show ? The show was very indicative of his career IMO .

As for people walking out , well he actually expects that and plans for it, and repeating stuff until it's almost cringeworthy is typical of his shows. . I thought everything was quite deliberate to be honest .

I saw that show at Warwick Arts Centre and, whilst I don't think it's as good as some of his previous stuff, it was still **** hilarious.

Nobody walked out.

Although a few of the people I went with had never seen him and complained that they didn't really get it. Despite my protests that that was sort of the point, I don't think they enjoyed it too much.

But yeah I agree with you, I can't understand how you could like Stewart Lee but not like that show.

Chelsea losing 2-0 at home to Swansea, I am beaming.

Our work experience / temp kid was on at me this morning (as he is most days) about Villa *squeaky voice* "Ooh, I bet you don't like Bradford! Ohh" "Villa haven't won since before Christmas have they?. He also goes on a lot about Michu and his celebration, before we played Swansea he was saying "Ooh, what will you do if Michu scores?" *imitates Michu celebration*.

And now Chelsea lose 2-0 at home with Michu scoring. Have. It!

"Ooh Michu, Michu!" :D

Our work experience / temp kid was on at me this morning (as he is most days) about Villa *squeaky voice* "Ooh, I bet you don't like Bradford! Ohh" "Villa haven't won since before Christmas have they?. He also goes on a lot about Michu and his celebration, before we played Swansea he was saying "Ooh, what will you do if Michu scores?" *imitates Michu celebration*.

You seem to have left out the bit where you tell us he's a Chelsea fan. Obviously he SOUNDS like a **** Chelsea fan...

Assuming he is, this is a fine tale that has cheered me up too :)

You seem to have left out the bit where you tell us he's a Chelsea fan. Obviously he SOUNDS like a **** Chelsea fan...

Assuming he is, this is a fine tale that has cheered me up too :)

He indeed is a Chelsea fan, he can tell you some of the numbers of their key players and everything!

Well, well, not a lot was said by the Chelsea boy but I made up for that. I think he was rattled. ^_^

Suddenly Torres isn't the greatest striker in the World and Chelsea should sell him and the referee should have let Demba Ba have his goal because it was only just offside! "Well you have to play by the rules in football" I gleefully told him.

He was also telling me that 'Frank' won't leave because he's born and bred Chelsea, I did of course remind him how he came through at West Ham and played for them for years before Chelsea.

Is this the lad who thought they had an elephant on the badge?

Â