Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I've just nipped into Tesco to pick up a few things, normally I use the self sercice checkout but id got some beer and couldnt be arsed to wait around for someone to validate my age, so I use a normal check out, behind me warbles up and starts placing her stuff on the conveyor

10 donuts

2 blocks of mature chedder cheese

3 x 6 pack of crisps

6 Easter eggs

Various oven ready chips/garlic bread etc

2 x 2ltr normal coke

1 tub of benecol cholosterol lowering fat free spread.

• Like 1

IGOR! Froderick

Taffeta sweetheart

Do. Not. Get.

(Googles) Oh, OK. Young Frankenstein. Haven't seen it. Not a Mel Brooks fan, TBH.

Not a big fan of Brooks myself either Mike but Young Frankenstein is genius from start to finish and never skips a beat.

Plus, if like me you're reasonably clued up on the universal studios horror movies, you'll love it even more due to the countless subtle references.

Funnily enough, after I made that "Not a Mel Brooks fan" comment, I thought: "What about Blazing Saddles? And The Producers?"

And having thought about it, I stand by my decision. I used to think that both of those films were good, and I don't think I do any more.

It must be an age thing, I've gone right off juvenile humour (see the Cartoon Wars discussion elsewhere).

juvenile humour

Which kind of proves you haven't given South Park a chance. The quick turnaround of current news stories on that show (owing to the simple animation) being ripped to shreds is amazing.

This is the last I'll say on it. I don't want to labour the point :)

This......

That was brilliant!

Especially considering Timberlake's penchant for doing cringeworthy theatrics.

Pretty much how I felt. Sadly, Timberlake is brilliant when he's on SNL. Particularly the skits he would do with Jimmy Fallon. So now that he has his own show and Timberlake is a frequent guest we get awesomeness like History of Rap. 

"Barney's movie had heart, but Football in the Groin had a football in the groin!"

Back on-topic, the local rag has seen fit once more to grace itself with my name following last Sunday's footballing antics; in the freezing feckin' snow, with 10 men (some of our lazier **** didn't bother turning up, then the damn match went ahead despite the weather as apparently we were on a privately-owned pitch... why that matters when you're mid-tundra I don't know, but apparently it does :huh:) we overturned one of the league's better (for "better" read "likes to play football as opposed to just kicking you") teams 2-1 with some Herculean performances, including my temporary possession by the spirit of Bozzie (post-putting the weight on, but pre-losing all the ability).

Curiously, I've yet to be stopped for my autograph outside of the local kebab house though.

Despite never having set foot on British (let alone Scottish) soil, I was the subject of a profile in a Scottish newspaper in June, 2003 (I forget the paper and can't be arsed to dig out the copy I had mailed to me... I think it was the Sunday Post).

Â