Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Scoring a header from a  corner is particularly satisfying.

When you get your head on it, you're looking at where you want it to go when you make the connection, and then if the connection is true you get the glory of watching it go exactly where you wanted it to, ripple the net and then moments later savour the look of exasperation on their 'keeper's face.

I do enjoy a good headed goal. 

The ball we were playing with was over inflated as well. It was annoying me as it was so hard that I couldn't get my goal kicks right.

But it was perfect for a header like that. There was nothing stopping that.

I still can't quite believe it to be honest. That probably sounds a bit stupid but I've been so chuffed about it all day.

I've scored before when I've played outfield for them a bunch of times, I've even scored from in goal before (huge punt upfield) but never in that scenario. It's never been that satisfying.

It was absolutely **** glorious.

Edited by Stevo985

Awesome Stevo, I've watched a lot of Sunday Morning footy over the years (sadly several dislocations of the knee have meant I'm resigned to watching) and its incredible just how many penalty's get missed. Its well over 50%.

Yep, we missed one in the same game as well :)

I personally have faced probably 15 penalties in the past 3 seasons and I think I've only let in 3 or 4.

And I don't put that down to me being amazing (although I am ;) ), it's because I'd say 80% of penalty takers at this level do something really stupid.

They try and "give you the eyes" by deliberately staring at a point in the goal as if to say "that's where I'm going to put it".

Obviously, that's NOT where they're going to put it so I just dive the other way.

If I'm facing a penalty and the taker is looking to my left or right I immediately know I've got a very good chance of saving it by just diving the other way.

So advice for any keepers facing penalties, if a taker looks in one direction, that's most likely not where he's going to put it.

And advice for anyone taking them, the best thing you can do is just look at the ball. Don't look at the goal. Your eyes give everything away.

Sounds like you'd fit right in on our team. No-one can head the ball (apart from me it would appear) and it frustrates the hell out of me.

We're probably the only team in the country who concede more form corners and crosses than Aston Villa.

Well I haven't played for about 15 years, but I was probably one of the worst footballers ever.

What I could do: Run up and down the touchline, fairly quickly, without tiring, for 90 minutes. VERY occasionally, put an decent cross in.

What I couldn't do: Anything else. Couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't trap a ball, couldn't tackle, couldn't head.

Which is ironic, given that in his youth my dad was a semi-pro footballer.

Well I haven't played for about 15 years, but I was probably one of the worst footballers ever.

What I could do: Run up and down the touchline, fairly quickly, without tiring, for 90 minutes. VERY occasionally, put an decent cross in.

What I couldn't do: Anything else. Couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't trap a ball, couldn't tackle, couldn't head.

Which is ironic, given that in his youth my dad was a semi-pro footballer.

my apologies about Cuellar. you are Brett Holman :P

• Like 2

So I'm doing our company website's analytics for the monthly report (zzzzzzzzz) when I noticed a trend in Q3 and Q4 of last year.

I've decided to call it the Batman Trend.

Batman%20Trend.png

• Like 3

Â