Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

more a “things that amuse me “ post , rather than cheer me up but I’m In Uzbekistan for a couple of days , to ride on the metro here or go into any museum you go through a checkpoint , for some reason the police manning the checkpoints  keep saluting me   ,  far as I’ve seen they don’t salute anyone else .. 

had lunch at some big market area yesterday , just food area cooking meats and breads ,  shared a table with a local man and his daughter , went to pay the bill only to find they had paid for our meal as they left 

Today , visited Samarkand and we bumped into a group of people from Turkmenistan who then all asked to have a photo taken with me 

I can’t be the first westerner they’ve ever seen , lots of the locals are Russian or kinda western looking … I’m beginning to wonder if I’m a doppelgänger for the President or an internet sensation over here and that there is a viral video of me doing the rounds on telegram :) 

Have you never noticed your likeness to this fella?

borat-2-e1603312783538.jpg?w=1000

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

more a “things that amuse me “ post , rather than cheer me up but I’m In Uzbekistan for a couple of days , to ride on the metro here or go into any museum you go through a checkpoint , for some reason the police manning the checkpoints  keep saluting me   ,  far as I’ve seen they don’t salute anyone else .. 

had lunch at some big market area yesterday , just food area cooking meats and breads ,  shared a table with a local man and his daughter , went to pay the bill only to find they had paid for our meal as they left 

Today , visited Samarkand and we bumped into a group of people from Turkmenistan who then all asked to have a photo taken with me 

I can’t be the first westerner they’ve ever seen , lots of the locals are Russian or kinda western looking … I’m beginning to wonder if I’m a doppelgänger for the President or an internet sensation over here and that there is a viral video of me doing the rounds on telegram :) 

My cousin in Cork has lush, long red hair and on her travels in China a few years ago she was often stopped by locals to have their photo taken with her, in the street or at a restaurant and even supermarkets.

I know red is a lucky colour in that region; perhaps that was the reason. 

• Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 17:13, Tegis said:

I've been spending best part of 4 hours in here. What a retro trip. Loved it

HhjkfI4.png

Lg8XvJB.png

egSpcui.png

I had the high score on Ms Pac Man for 3 summers running back in the early 80s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

You've got to find out why before you leave.

• Like 1

I’ll elaborate @maqroll: The story goes that in making his (laughably awful) comeback video to Greta, he revealed his location to local authorities by featuring a pair of pizza boxes from a local pizzeria in the video. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’ll elaborate @maqroll: The story goes that in making his (laughably awful) comeback video to Greta, he revealed his location to local authorities by featuring a pair of pizza boxes from a local pizzeria in the video. 

Yeah, I just saw it. Classic. I don't think I've ever seen someone punk themselves as hard as this clown has. Thing of beauty. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My cousin in Cork has lush, long red hair and on her travels in China a few years ago she was often stopped by locals to have their photo taken with her, in the street or at a restaurant and even supermarkets.

I know red is a lucky colour in that region; perhaps that was the reason. 

I think seeing a westerner in the flesh is still a novelty for a lot of Chinese , I went there in 2000 and was almost getting mobbed for photos , was back there with my son in 2018 and as we walked on the Great Wall all these old Chinese women kept wanting photos with him ( nobody wanted pictures with me , clearly the boy is cuter than me )  … but her red hair probably made her even more distinctive and lucky 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

I have not the slightest idea who this Andrew Tait is, other than a total bellend, judging by his behaviour. Related to Paul Tait, of T shirt "fame", perhaps.

Had no idea who he was until I saw that Greta tweet. Now I learned about him I think he can stay in a Romanian prison. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I have not the slightest idea who this Andrew Tait is, other than a total bellend, judging by his behaviour. Related to Paul Tait, of T shirt "fame", perhaps.

He was actually a good kickboxer but that isn't why he's famous, nor is he famous for his appearance on Big Brother. He is actually famous for saying a load of misogynistic stuff on social media and gaining a load of fanboys from it. From what I can tell he's the new Alt- Right darling so he seemingly being arrested on human trafficking charges doesn't come as any great surprise.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, djdabush said:

He was actually a good kickboxer but that isn't why he's famous, nor is he famous for his appearance on Big Brother. He is actually famous for saying a load of misogynistic stuff on social media and gaining a load of fanboys from it. From what I can tell he's the new Alt- Right darling so he seemingly being arrested on human trafficking charges doesn't come as any great surprise.

I don’t know much about him either apart from he seems to have a huge amount of money (bragged to Greta on Twitter about having 30 odd high performance cars). Where did all his money come from?

• Like 1

Â