Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Seal pups!

I went for a drive up to Donna Nook yesterday, it’s a huge seal sanctuary on the north east coast not far from Cleethorpes. Every year around this time, thousands of seals come ashore to give birth, and you can go and see them for free (£5 parking aside). It’s a lovely way to spend an hour, albeit quite a drive depending where you live. 

D1C459A6-2102-47C6-B359-65E71E39D4BA.jpeg

E5A9F41F-39CD-4486-B2AE-61EC2C91E020.jpeg

It’s lovely there, we went about 5 years ago. A great experience for the little ones to see the wild seals close up.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s lovely there, we went about 5 years ago. A great experience for the little ones to see the wild seals close up.

Don't get too close, it upsets them, 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Heading off to the Cotswolds shortly. Looking forward to fine food and lots of real ale. Foaming, and in flagons, would be a bonus @mottaloo

Womenfolk.jpg

Is this from Viz? I don't remember this character 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Heading off to the Cotswolds shortly. Looking forward to fine food and lots of real ale. Foaming, and in flagons, would be a bonus @mottaloo

Womenfolk.jpg

I did wonder if you were still going away despite the piss take in hotel prices. Good lad, enjoy yourself and I hope your first pint of Otter's Cock real ale doesn't touch the sides 😃

I also hope the restaurant part has run out of mini watering cans to separate your beans from the rest of your full english🤣

• Thanks 1

I bought an umbrella from the Villa clubshop last week, have to say I'm very impressed, it absolutely pissed down out of nowhere on the way home from the pub and was sturdy as ****.  The handle is a good length, it flipped open quickly, genuinely a Champions League quality umbrella, all for about £10.  

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I bought an umbrella from the Villa clubshop last week, have to say I'm very impressed, it absolutely pissed down out of nowhere on the way home from the pub and was sturdy as ****.  The handle is a good length, it flipped open quickly, genuinely a Champions League quality umbrella, all for about £10.  

yeah but its an umbrella, a weapon of mass destruction and you will be against the wall come the glorious day :D

• Like 1

It's a short work week for us over here.   I just realized that between holidays and vacation days I'll only have 2 full 5-day work weeks between now and late January, including 10 days off around Christmas with a week on the beach in Mexico.

spacer.png

Happy Thanksgiving to all US based VTers!

• Like 3

We were sitting in a hospital ward, crammed in a tiny bay with 3 other sets of parents, when the young mum next to us started to have a really loud conversation on speakerphone. Fists clenched trying not to blow my top.

It was rapidly defused when she started talking about this nice old man who'd helped her at the cafe when she was struggling with her kid having a tantrum. "He was so old, honestly. Lovely man, he was helping us when he was so old, he was sooooo wrinkly (first wtf look between us). Anyway, I was parched and he offered to get us a drink. I couldn't let him pay for it, so I gave him my card. Obviously my contactless never works so I gave him my pin (serious WTF looks). He's gone for ages, then eventually he comes back and says he's forgot the pin. Bless him, he was a very old man, his memory was going, so he told me "You told me your PIN was 3394, right?", and he's just got it mixed up because it's 3349...."

Properly **** creased and couldn't hold the laughter in anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We were sitting in a hospital ward, crammed in a tiny bay with 3 other sets of parents, when the young mum next to us started to have a really loud conversation on speakerphone. Fists clenched trying not to blow my top.

It was rapidly defused when she started talking about this nice old man who'd helped her at the cafe when she was struggling with her kid having a tantrum. "He was so old, honestly. Lovely man, he was helping us when he was so old, he was sooooo wrinkly (first wtf look between us). Anyway, I was parched and he offered to get us a drink. I couldn't let him pay for it, so I gave him my card. Obviously my contactless never works so I gave him my pin (serious WTF looks). He's gone for ages, then eventually he comes back and says he's forgot the pin. Bless him, he was a very old man, his memory was going, so he told me "You told me your PIN was 3394, right?", and he's just got it mixed up because it's 3349...."

Properly **** creased and couldn't hold the laughter in anymore.

Some people are so oblivious to the world around them it’s fascinating. Annoying but fascinating.

On 24/11/2022 at 00:02, bickster said:

don't start me on the amount of utensils / pans / trays it takes to cook a simple meal in our house

I once broached the subject of why didn't you just rinse that pan out and reuse it. I won't be doing that again :D

My friend’s now wife, when she started living with us in an apartment before I moved out, we’d take it in turns to cook and the others would clean afterwards.

All great, but I’d start that cleaning while she was still prepping let alone cooking, the amount of items that would get used for a simple meal was incomprehensible. Like everything we owned and more covering every inch of surface.

• Like 1

My wife cooks, I clean. So there really isn’t really an incentive for her to minimise the amount of pots, pans, trays, bowls etc she uses.

I do tend to clean as she cooks to reduce the amount after the meal.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My wife cooks, I clean. So there really isn’t really an incentive for her to minimise the amount of pots, pans, trays, bowls etc she uses.

Same here. And the more she uses, the happier I am. Longer time left in peace to do the washing up and play music that I like and she doesn't. 

• Like 2

I managed to swap a battery in a perfectly good phone (Pixel 4), and that makes me happy. Especially as that one comes with eternal and unlimited (remains to be seen) free google photos storage.

What should go in the "other" thread is how unnecessary difficult it is and how many tools you need. I know they hide behind the water-resistance but really? How many phones have you messed up in the old days when batteries where behind a simple lid because of water? None for me.

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 20:35, mottaloo said:

I did wonder if you were still going away despite the piss take in hotel prices. Good lad, enjoy yourself and I hope your first pint of Otter's Cock real ale doesn't touch the sides 😃

I also hope the restaurant part has run out of mini watering cans to separate your beans from the rest of your full english🤣

Cheers mate, the first pint I had was Otter Amber Ale! How spooky! :D 

As for the breakfast, they made a controversial decision. I'll take it to the brekkie thread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â