Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I have virgin media and their wifi hub is notoriously shit at producing a strong signal. As part of a new deal (cheaper and faster than before) they sent me a couple of their new wifi pods. They are brilliant. Just plug and play, no setting up needed at all and now good wifi in every room.

Anybody struggling with Virgin Media wifi signal give them a call about free wifi pods.

Thanks, you reminded me, I downloaded the signal app last week to do this and forgot. 

Further to @Genieand his virgin WiFi pod posting,  I can confirm that I too have been sent a free pod after whinging about how crap my broadband is (it is only crap very occasionally but hey ho). 

They initially said they would charge me £8 extra per pod but my kevin the teenager impression made them change their minds.

So....thanks again Dave 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Further to @Genieand his virgin WiFi pod posting,  I can confirm that I too have been sent a free pod after whinging about how crap my broadband is (it is only crap very occasionally but hey ho). 

They initially said they would charge me £8 extra per pod but my kevin the teenager impression made them change their minds.

So....thanks again Dave 😉

They actually sent me an email last week offering up to 2 pods for free, which is how I came to download the App. It was a general Virgin mass email not in response to anything i sent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They will only send 1 at a time, so if after 1 there’s still a blackspot then request another.

I only give a shit about the mancave where there are two black spots, coincidentally, both are the other side of shelving units over full with vinyl

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I only give a shit about the mancave where there are two black spots, coincidentally, both are the other side of shelving units over full with vinyl

I had 2.

1 was my office which is built into the garage. The wifi signal doesn’t like the blocks used for the garage for some reason. 
The second was the other side of the house where my sons room is. Both sorted with these pods.

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm actually now pissed off because I'm with Virgin Media so it seems I've actually wasted money and could have got a free solution from Virgin🤬

If you bought online you can send back within 14 days for a refund. 

However, if it’s all set up, and the kids aren’t complaining I’d be tempted to let it be.

My seven year old granddaughter has a good ear, and can sing very well in key. She absolutely loves 'Let It Be', so I've recorded a version for her to put a vocal on. Will probably do it over half term. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My seven year old granddaughter has a good ear, and can sing very well in key. She absolutely loves 'Let It Be', so I've recorded a version for her to put a vocal on. Will probably do it over half term. 

Let @bicksterknow if you need any help. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â