Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Another year of no driving offences, plus having moved to a better postcode, and M&S Car insurance think a £40 price increase is justifiable.

Headed for Confused.Com, where I got cover for £51 less than my renewal quote. Thanks Hastings.

**** you M&S

spacer.png

But it's not just car insurance, it's...

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean, buying stuff from M&S then complaining it's cheaper elsewhere

confused-what.gif

I bought it last year because guess what? 

It was the cheapest policy on Compare the Meerkat. 

Being literally sick . Been shite all morning stomach ache , Diarrhoea, burping and tasting sick. Just really tired in general . Came home from work early and did the old trick of fingers down throat. Was sick 7-8 times but feel the world of good for it. Got best part of two hours before kids arrive back. 

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Being literally sick . Been shite all morning stomach ache , Diarrhoea, burping and tasting sick. Just really tired in general . Came home from work early and did the old trick of fingers down throat. Was sick 7-8 times but feel the world of good for it. Got best part of two hours before kids arrive back. 

Sounds very much like Mrs Sidcow on Saturday evening.  I wonder if there id a bug going round.

51 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You could just have tried turning on Henry and sucking it all out from the other end :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Sounds very much like Mrs Sidcow on Saturday evening.  I wonder if there id a bug going round.

I had a go on that particular merry go round a couple of weeks ago. Deeply unpleasant but I lost half a stone so not all bad. 

34 minutes ago, choffer said:

Deeply unpleasant but I lost half a stone so not all bad. 

I become ill and put weight on. Like an Alaskan bear bulking up for winter :( 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

I become ill and put weight on. Like an Alaskan bear bulking up for winter :( 

Same, I seem to get a bug where I want to eat everything in sight.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Same, I seem to get a bug where I want to eat everything in sight.

Tried to explain that to the wife last week, if I get a sore throat and a cough or cold it's almost like a itch and food and drink provides a scratch

I eat everything in sight, paired with not moving a lot, recipe for disaster

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Seems to be. The wife and kids have not long come back from Lanzarote with family and friends and there was a bug going around the hotel which they  caught . Not sure if they brought it back with them . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Alex Jones having to pay nearly $1b (billion) to the families of the Sandy Hook victims. 

I mean, I have no idea how that works, but it sounds good. 

Yeah me neither. I guess it means he'll never earn another cent of his own in his lifetime. But they'll definitely not be getting a billion quid either.

Yep, he’s already preempted it by declaring himself bankrupt.

It makes his life a bit more of a challenge in terms of money and assets but I’m sure he will find a way around it. He’s clearly still managing to buy lots of food and drink.

I doubt the victims families will see anything. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah me neither. I guess it means he'll never earn another cent of his own in his lifetime. But they'll definitely not be getting a billion quid either.

Yeah, I guess it's equivalent to when a murderer gets an 800 year jail sentence.

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Alex Jones having to pay nearly $1b (billion) to the families of the Sandy Hook victims. 

I mean, I have no idea how that works, but it sounds good. 

44 minutes ago, BOF said:

It means his wife and a few shady offshore companies have recently had a big financial boost. 

Â