Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Payrise, effective immediately. Not the biggest (£1 an hour or just over 5%) but as I was expecting nothing, I'm happy

Our big inflation related payrise comes in at the end of this month. Much needed. It’s the first proper payrise in about 4 years.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

Our big inflation related payrise comes in at the end of this month. Much needed. It’s the first proper payrise in about 4 years.

Tbf I was expecting little or nothing because I got a very decent payrise last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Alex Jones having to pay nearly $1b (billion) to the families of the Sandy Hook victims. 

I mean, I have no idea how that works, but it sounds good. 

Yeah as others have said I think it's to ensure he has to declare bankruptcy and anything he earns has to go to the families. 

I see he's already doubled down and declared it all corrupt and asked his viewers for donations which definitely won't go towards the money he owes to the families...

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah as others have said I think it's to ensure he has to declare bankruptcy and anything he earns has to go to the families. 

I see he's already doubled down and declared it all corrupt and asked his viewers for donations which definitely won't go towards the money he owes to the families...

There are still people on Twitter who are defending his freedom of speech.. 

Ahh.. :lol:

• Haha 1

A bit of a childish one but I installed one of those blink camera doorbell things that give live streaming and 2 way audio.

Anyway, the other half comes back from work, I see her pull up so I put on the live stream and as she gets halfway up the pathway I shout "show us your t!ts".

She comes in red faced and asks if I knew how loud the speaker was ?!? 

Oh I am gonna have so much fun when I see passers-by, calling out various insults to them or other such merriment all from the safety of my home 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

A bit of a childish one but I installed one of those blink camera doorbell things that give live streaming and 2 way audio.

Anyway, the other half comes back from work, I see her pull up so I put on the live stream and as she gets halfway up the pathway I shout "show us your t!ts".

Oh I am gonna have so much fun when I see passers-by, calling out various insults to them or other such merriment all from the safety of my home 😁

I thought you were going to say she showed you her tits😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I approve. Halloween will be fun too.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Kids have been complaining about lack of WiFi in their rooms. We've had WiFi boosters but they're just not doing it. 

Been meaning to invest in a mesh. 

Noticed that the Prime early sale had a system called Tenda Nova mesh wifi for £75. Looked up some expert reviews and they were all very positive and especially for £300 odd quid which was the price when it first came out. Was £75 in the sale so I ordered it. 

Arrived today.  Let's me first confirm I am utterly clueless with Tech. 

It set up easy as pie, like a dream. So easy, no issues. 

The kids are delighted, their WiFi now works really well. I then went to the bottom of our long garden.  Got a full 3 bars down there, managed to watch sky sports live no problem at all. 

This doesn't happen to me, not ever

Very cheap

Easy set up

Works a dream

Ticks every box

I am staggered. 

If that was me the box it got delivered it would be covered in Asbestos dust.

(Not had a great day,  its the only angle left)

• Sad 1

I've got my car insurance cheaper. 

I've got my Internet reduced by eight quid per month. 

Now I just got my Virgin mobile sim down from £10.19 per month to £7.

Shame about petrol and supermarket prices but at least I'm trying. 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Kids have been complaining about lack of WiFi in their rooms. We've had WiFi boosters but they're just not doing it. 

Been meaning to invest in a mesh. 

Noticed that the Prime early sale had a system called Tenda Nova mesh wifi for £75. Looked up some expert reviews and they were all very positive and especially for £300 odd quid which was the price when it first came out. Was £75 in the sale so I ordered it. 

Arrived today.  Let's me first confirm I am utterly clueless with Tech. 

It set up easy as pie, like a dream. So easy, no issues. 

The kids are delighted, their WiFi now works really well. I then went to the bottom of our long garden.  Got a full 3 bars down there, managed to watch sky sports live no problem at all. 

This doesn't happen to me, not ever

Very cheap

Easy set up

Works a dream

Ticks every box

I am staggered. 

I have virgin media and their wifi hub is notoriously shit at producing a strong signal. As part of a new deal (cheaper and faster than before) they sent me a couple of their new wifi pods. They are brilliant. Just plug and play, no setting up needed at all and now good wifi in every room.

Anybody struggling with Virgin Media wifi signal give them a call about free wifi pods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have virgin media and their wifi hub is notoriously shit at producing a strong signal. As part of a new deal (cheaper and faster than before) they sent me a couple of their new wifi pods. They are brilliant. Just plug and play, no setting up needed at all and now good wifi in every room.

Anybody struggling with Virgin Media wifi signal give them a call about free wifi pods.

Thanks, will do.

Upstairs can be a bit patchy on occasion, but generally speaking, I think Virgin do a good job.  You can really tell on the days you're being throttled, even through cabled connections, but I usually reset the router and it turns out ok.  Only once or twice have I ever had to call them, where they'd restart something (probably nothing!) and it seemed to straighten itself out. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Thanks, will do.

Upstairs can be a bit patchy on occasion, but generally speaking, I think Virgin do a good job.  You can really tell on the days you're being throttled, even through cabled connections, but I usually reset the router and it turns out ok.  Only once or twice have I ever had to call them, where they'd restart something (probably nothing!) and it seemed to straighten itself out. 

I was only about 6 months into an 18 months contract and went into their whatsapp chat function for a moan about wifi coverage. 

They said they could improve it if I took a new deal… hmmm ok, sounds like i’m about to be mugged off. They increased my bb speed from 200mb to 350mb, included an o2 sim with 8gb of data (perfect for my son and saves me £10 a month from giffgaff) and TV stayed the same (all channels apart from the movies pack and sky sports, includes bt sports). They would also send me 2x wifi pods to improve coverage. The cost is £1 a month less than I was paying before (which was already a good deal). It’s £43 a month.

Go onto whatsapp (dm me if you want the number), tell them you can’t cope with the shit wifi and ask what can they do.

• Like 1

Â