Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Didn't think that was a big deal, was hoping to just use any square crusty loaf which I can get elsewhere

Is it a specific type of bread too? 

Apparently not.  I got it I this fancy round glazed bread and I thought it was special but it appears the type of bread isn’t actually important.  Some serve it in full hollowed out loaves it seems.  

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No football this weekend.  :)

If you’d said ‘No Villa this weekend’ I would have followed, but no club football at all sucks. I hate intl breaks. 

Luckily, the ice hockey season has started so I got my live sports fix anyway. 

33 minutes ago, El Zen said:

If you’d said ‘No Villa this weekend’ I would have followed, but no club football at all sucks. I hate intl breaks. 

I'm not particularly interested in football that doesn't involve the Villa - and I dread that, anyway. 

I was waiting for somebody to take me to task for disregarding the women's games. 

The novelty of that wore off after the Euros. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm not particularly interested in football that doesn't involve the Villa - and I dread that, anyway. 

I was waiting for somebody to take me to task for disregarding the women's games. 

The novelty of that wore off after the Euros. 

I’m almost ashamed to admit the thought didn’t even cross my mind. 

• Thanks 1

When Villa (the men’s team) don’t play on a Saturday or the weekend at all, my interest in football is largely focused on which clubs I want to lose the most. 

If I’m at home, the score updates act as a mildly diverting bit of entertainment in the background.

I find it’s not a bad way to follow the game, in all likelihood at least one team I want to suffer a bad result will lose that day. It doesn’t take much for me to consider the day a success in that respect.

But they do insist on Villa’s regular participation too, which means this small  pleasure is few and far between.

The fact that someone wrote this, then learned the script, then acted it out. Then they must have watched it back before coming to the conclusion that it was worth bothering the internet with. I love it. 

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

The fact that someone wrote this, then learned the script, then acted it out. Then they must have watched it back before coming to the conclusion that it was worth bothering the internet with. I love it. 

If I'd come across this it may well have ended up in the 'Thing you don't get' thread. If you enjoy it, good for you. For me, nope, nothing. Just mainly WTF on every level.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 15:22, rjw63 said:

It's that time of year when I need to re-stock the spice cupboard, always a good experience :)

spacer.png

Love it. I can see I use a lot more black pepper than you (I go the bigger bag). Not familiar with the amchoor powder. I see it when I'm shopping but don't use it. What do you use it in and what's it good for?  Also what's the orange/red paper bag between the chicken seasoning and garlic paste?

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Love it. I can see I use a lot more black pepper than you (I go the bigger bag). Not familiar with the amchoor powder. I see it when I'm shopping but don't use it. What do you use it in and what's it good for?  Also what's the orange/red paper bag between the chicken seasoning and garlic paste?

Paper bag is gram flour for making pakoras and a little goes in curry paste. 

Amchoor is mango powder, mainly used in bombay potato but can be added to anything that requires a tangy sweetness. 

Edited by rjw63
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's garlic pickle BTW, my favorite 😋

Just now, rjw63 said:

Paper bag is gram flour for making pakoras and a little goes in curry paste. 

A choir is mango powder, mainly used in bombay potato but can be added to anything that requires a tangy sweetness. 

Tangy sweetness. Gotcha. Might pick up a bag and experiment. It's about the only thing I don't have :lol:  The weekend was a chicken, mushroom, cashew & tamarind creation.

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Tangy sweetness. Gotcha. Might pick up a bag and experiment. It's about the only thing I don't have :lol:  The weekend was a chicken, mushroom, cashew & tamarind creation.

Just marinated chicken thigh fillets in tandoori and fromage frais and oven baked, then dropped them in a medium hot sauce for later.

Â