Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just stopped at a small, rural supermarket and needed a piss before I did my shopping. I was guided through the storage room, downstairs to what can only have been the last remains of the 1970s and found the customer restroom. It had a shower cabinet. I’m bringing a towel next time I’m shopping there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Just stopped at a small, rural supermarket and needed a piss before I did my shopping. I was guided through the storage room, downstairs to what can only have been the last remains of the 1970s and found the customer restroom. It had a shower cabinet. I’m bringing a towel next time I’m shopping there. 

Sounds like an episode of Wallander waiting to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's been absolutely howling a gale today, and pissing down horizontal rain. 

Went out during a lull to check the cushions. They were nice and toasty and dry as a really dry thing. 

So **** the lot of yous. 

The thought of you thinking you need to go and check on the cushions made me chuckle :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The thought of you thinking you need to go and check on the cushions made me chuckle :lol: 

Hahahahaha.  It's not as if I went to check the shed at the bottom of the garden for leaks as well. 

go-away-oops.gif

• Haha 3

A little side story here.

The cushions are for a patio set that includes a sofa, 2 chairs and a bench seat.  I ordered covers for it except the bench as I figured we would just sit that under the table.   Got the proper Hartman ones.

Anyway, the sofa cover was missing an anchor point from one corner. I wrote to the seller to explain the issue but that I had already had the covers out in use for a couple of days before I noticed the missing elastic.  I admit I was hoping they would just refund the money, I can fix what's wrong easy enough myself.

Anyway they said it was a manufacturing problem so would refer to to Hartman.  Pretty much immediately I got a message from Hartman saying they were dispatching a new cover to me.  Oh well, no refund but I've got a spare/additional cover, fair enough.

Anyway, when the new cover arrived it was a bench cover, the one thing I didn't have.    Now I'm hoping they just send me the correct cover and let me keep the bench one.  I'm certainly not paying anything myself to return it.

So anyway I will probably end up with 1 spare cover and another cover for an item I didn't previously have.

Little wins.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The cushions are for a patio set that includes a sofa, 2 chairs and a bench seat.  I ordered covers for it except the bench as I figured we would just sit that under the table.   Got the proper Hartman ones.

Anyway, the sofa cover was missing an anchor point from one corner. I wrote to the seller to explain the issue but that I had already had the covers out in use for a couple of days before I noticed the missing elastic.  I admit I was hoping they would just refund the money, I can fix what's wrong easy enough myself.

Anyway they said it was a manufacturing problem so would refer to to Hartman.  Pretty much immediately I got a message from Hartman saying they were dispatching a new cover to me.  Oh well, no refund but I've got a spare/additional cover, fair enough.

Anyway, when the new cover arrived it was a bench cover, the one thing I didn't have.    Now I'm hoping they just send me the correct cover and let me keep the bench one.  I'm certainly not paying anything myself to return it.

So anyway I will probably end up with 1 spare cover and another cover for an item I didn't previously have.

Little wins.

71CRdTSveyL._AC_SX425_.jpg

You'd get at least 6 of them in your poxy cushion shed :D 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Little wins.

One for the Boring Thread, n'est ce pas? 

A friend died unexpectedly a few months back. We had several shared playlists on Spotify... we both had very similar taste in music and we'd both kind of communicate just by leaving songs on our lists. I wondered what would happen to them when his account got wound up, but I just discovered that those playlists will stay on Spotify.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Family-member-died-want-to-keep-lists/td-p/4987220

I'm sorry about your loss. But don't worry, all the playlists will remain active, as well as her account, even after you remove it from your Family plan (the account will then turn to Free instead of Premium).

You can also make a copy of her playlists, selecting/copying/pasting all songs to a new playlist created by you, so you can add songs to if, if you wish.

Listening now. It's a nice little legacy to leave behind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's strange to have these little digital fingerprints of lost friends. It's a bit like having a lost friend in your address book in the old days, I guess.

I've got a couple of friends on Steam who passed. One of them last logged in 5 years ago, and I see his username on my friends list every so often and think back to the good old days. **** miss that guy, and I'll never be able to bring myself to remove him from the list.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's strange to have these little digital fingerprints of lost friends. It's a bit like having a lost friend in your address book in the old days, I guess.

I've got a couple of friends on Steam who passed. One of them last logged in 5 years ago, and I see his username on my friends list every so often and think back to the good old days. **** miss that guy, and I'll never be able to bring myself to remove him from the list.

Sorry to hear that mate. I put it in this thread because I think it's actually really cool that you can revisit these things... kind of uplifting. Definitely made me feel better anyway.

On the flip side, I had a high school classmate who took her own life a number of years ago and her facebook account never got deactivated and people would find her among their friend suggestions from facebook or friends would get prompted to send birthday wishes.   Not exactly a cheerful reminder.   There must be millions of active social media accounts of deceased people.

• Sad 1

Â