Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

When the boss says on a Friday. "Stop what you are doing unless its critical, I've got a big job for you, I need it without fail by next Friday"

And you do it in an hour.

Free pass for the next week :D 

That kind of thing paired with working from home has basically been my last 2 years... With quite often the added bonus being that come next Friday my boss has forgotten he even asked me to do it or doesn't check what I send him anyway 

But I can't do it anymore, I've got bored of not working, it's a bizarre situation to be in, going back to a 8.30 to 5.30 in December is going to be hard 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That kind of thing paired with working from home has basically been my last 2 years... With quite often the added bonus being that come next Friday my boss has forgotten he even asked me to do it or doesn't check what I send him anyway 

But I can't do it anymore, I've got bored of not working, it's a bizarre situation to be in, going back to a 8.30 to 5.30 in December is going to be hard 

Oh I've got plenty to be getting on with, it's not a skive as such, it just means I won't be pestered for other jobs anywhere near as much so I can just get on with my routine stuff as much as possible

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Similar story for me. I’ve had a couple of years of doing my job in 1st gear and being really bored. I’ve been pushing for a while to do something more consuming and finally moving into that role now.

Hopefully it’s more rewarding.

I’m kind of stuck where I am for life now. They pay me too well to look elsewhere, and a move up is a step backwards in many ways so that’s not attractive.

• Like 2

As its Friday 30th 4pm I've just had my latest reminder which is getting less friendly... The only thing they police at my place is your time sheet, as long as you book your hours correctly everything else is seemingly irrelevant 

I'm moving back to England to get comfortable hating the old job I had doing a role that's shared across 3 people here in Germany, some sort of balance between the two would be perfect 

I've had 8 emails today 1 phone call and 1 twenty minute meeting, yesterday I had 5 emails no phone calls and no meetings, it's a dream job... Thats boring me to tears and I can't do it anymore 

Moving back obviously cheers me up, the wife not so much 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Similar story for me. I’ve had a couple of years of doing my job in 1st gear and being really bored. I’ve been pushing for a while to do something more consuming and finally moving into that role now.

I’m kind of stuck where I am for life now. They pay me too well to look elsewhere, and a move up is a step backwards in many ways so that’s not attractive.

I'm the opposite, i'm far too busy! Its not difficult, I can do it with my eyes closed, its just the volume, and its pissing me off. I earn an ok amount but I do think I'm underpaid for what I deliver and how hard I work. Another £15k or so would make it fairer in my opinion. I've just logged off. In the last 36 hours, i've worked 28 of them! Knackered. Still, more fun than reading On-Topic and people talking about new managers and tactics. 

In terms of work, I know only I can change things to get out of my current malaise. I need to look at the internal job site. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Sounds like you need to go and buy a Porsche, rent some hookers and snort coke off their tits. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m doing alright, but i’m not talking @Xela money here

My salary isn't anything special. I just have a very low expense base. Amazing what you can save when you are single and don't have kids :D 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Or Monday, as I like to call it. 

I actually proper guffawed out loud then. 

I was just waiting for Mrs Sidcow to ask what was so funny resulting in me having a Liz Truss style silence whilst waiting for my brain to focus onto an answer. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Xela said:

My salary isn't anything special. I just have a very low expense base. Amazing what you can save when you are single and don't have kids :D 

But you have all of winter off work and 7 holidays a year. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I actually proper guffawed out loud then. 

I was just waiting for Mrs Sidcow to ask what was so funny resulting in me having a Liz Truss style silence whilst waiting for my brain to focus onto an answer. 

“……. Pork markets”

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

But you have all of winter off work and 7 holidays a year. 

Well, there is that! 

I do have up to 5 weeks to take off before Christmas :P 

• Like 1

Â