Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Went to see the folks today and was nice to sit in their garden, hearing the birds sing and sheep bleat. Lovely! 

My Mom reckons she met my Dad exactly 50 years ago tonight. In a nightclub in Brum. That's pretty cool! 

Was your sister, Rebecca, there? 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 21:46, Xela said:

Haha, not sure if Snobs was open in '72?

It was a club called Rebecca's. Dad seemed to think it was over 3 floors. A quick look online seems to suggest its the building where Brewdog is now. 

I remember Pagoda Park was over many floors

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ray Graydon is 75 today.

I’ve seen him play. Or at least, if I had bothered to watch him play I’d have been better off. My dad took me to a game when I was really too young to be watching 90 minutes, so, I occupied myself by seeing how many matchsticks I could pick up and hold in one hand. Brilliant game, wander about, find a match, shove it in the palm of your building matches hand. I was doing really well.

Then all the men around me watching the game all sort of moved out of the way, all took a step to the side. So I turned around and looked up to see what was happening. A Ray Graydon shot hit me square in the middle of the face. Down like I’d been shot, matches everywhere, blokes laughing their heads off.

He saw what happened and jogged over to laugh, apologise, and make sure I wasn’t dead.

Happy happy times.

Were you on Match of the Day? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Were you on Match of the Day? 

Only if it covered the 2nd Division back then.

For younger contributors, the 2nd Division used to be the 2nd Division and not the 4th Division.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh, hang on…. Match of the day!

I’ll go back and give you a like.

Just in time to stop me posting a missing the joke gif 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A Ray Graydon shot hit me square in the middle of the face

I bet that hurt. Ray had a shot on him. My first proper Villa hero. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I bet that hurt. Ray had a shot on him. My first proper Villa hero. 

Too long ago to truly remember anything beyond being made a right fuss of and being held aloft by a bunch of blokes to show him what he’d done! 

According to legend, it wasn’t my dad that held me up and demanded an apology, he melted in to the crowd embarrassed by my wailing. It was just a random bunch of Brummies.

Proper 1970’s parenting, never did me any harm.

Sotherbys have popped up as an advert on my Facebook, not a clue why as I won't be buying anything anytime soon but I find the stuff fascinating, last week it was a Japanese print art collection, including big wave or whatever its called, today its buzz aldrins collection from appollo 11, his jacket is currently at $700k and expected to go for $2m if anyone's interested 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't tell him that, or you'll get one of these

buzz aldrin punch GIF by RabbitHoleLIVE

I'm sure he regrets falling for that moron's bait, but god damn it's satisfying.

The world would be a more considerate place if more people were worried about getting punched in the mouth.

Â