Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

So far he's told me that because the sun shines through the window to my right there is an imbalance of colour on my face so I need to go buy a lamp from IKEA and position it to shine on to my left

He's a nice guy so I haven't got the heart to tell him how there's absolutely no **** chance of that happening 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So far he's told me that because the sun shines through the window to my right there is an imbalance of colour on my face so I need to go buy a lamp from IKEA and position it to shine on to my left

He's a nice guy so I haven't got the heart to tell him how there's absolutely no **** chance of that happening 

He's wrong because the colour temperature of the now two competing light sources is completely different

Just now, bickster said:

He's wrong because the colour temperature of the now two competing light sources is completely different

He mentioned something about a special low temperature bulb but id switched off by then, the sun only shines through my window in the morning anyway and more importantly I asbolutely don't care 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He mentioned something about a special low temperature bulb but id switched off by then, the sun only shines through my window in the morning anyway and more importantly I asbolutely don't care 

Daylight balanced bulbs aren't that expensive but it's still nonsense because the colour temperature of natural daylight varies widely (Sunny / cloudy, misty etc) and the the bulb will be constant.

Short of turning your office space into a mini-TV Studio there is no solution to a non-problem

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What is it with Germans and wanting to shine lamps in our faces?

Ve have veys of meking you talk:D

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

On that note I sat in a 4 hour long meeting yesterday that was about 90% in German, I mostly replied in English but the other people in the room all spoke German

I was drained after it that's for sure but that's the most I've ever been able to do

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Their altruistic concern of our lack of Vitamin D?

And on that I keep joking with my wife that I have got European skin over here! I've lost the shade of grey that I was living in England

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

From my experience of driving HGV's the best way to avoid "truckers tan" is to apply thin rashers of bacon on the side of the face close to the sun.  That way you will have a nice snack at lunch and an even toned face.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Crusha have brought back the Lime flavoured mix! I haven’t seen or tasted this since the mid 90’s.

I think the last time I had it was in the upstairs canteen at the old Northfield swimming baths before it was knocked down.

It tastes just as I remember it. Amazing stuff. 

Yep, in a similar position to others.

Tomorrow we have a stag do for a lad at work, breakfast, round of golf and then beers.

Working from home Friday and not back in the office until the 7th June! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 4

I’m in tomorrow and Sunday then off for 8 days. Not quite holidays in the sun but a day trip to Somerset on the Thursday beckons I think. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m in tomorrow and Sunday then off for 8 days. Not quite holidays in the sun but a day trip to Somerset on the Thursday beckons I think. 

I think cutting myself off from humanity for the day beckons on Thursday. No TV, No Radio and just a book and some music to accompany it otherwise I may not be responsible for my actions

Â